• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
Emma Stone already rehearsing for her audition. Keep in mind there's a Punky Brewster revival coming too. Wheres my Small Wonder show?

Currently going by the working title of "Doogie Kealoha, M.D.," the new take is set in Hawaii and centers on a 16-year-old half Asian, half white girl who works as a doctor.

"Fresh Off the Boat" and "How I Met Your Mother" star Kourtney Kang takes on the title role in the series to be produced by 20th Century Fox TV. Kang, Dayna Bochco, Jesse Bochco, Jake Kasdan and Melvin Mar all executive produce.

Female-Led "Doogie Howser" Reboot Set - Dark Horizons

ABC’s classic 1989 half-hour medical dramedy series “Doogie Howser, M.D.” is set to be rebooted for the Disney+ streaming service. Currently going by the working title of “Doogie Kealoha, M.D.,” the new take is set in Hawaii and centers on a 16-year-old half Asian, half white girl who works as a...

giphy1c6kne.gif

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a three-quarters Asian person myself - a quarter more than Emma Stone, I approve of this reboot. And Hawaii is a better choice. Very glad they didn't go with Doogie Howser: The Kentucky Strangler

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
There's a surprising amount of shows set in Hawaii these days. Total population is less than 2 million right?

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
There's a surprising amount of shows set in Hawaii these days. Total population is less than 2 million right?

That spree seems to be mostly over now that the Hawaii 5-O reboot is done. This show is the highest profile thing to be filmed in Hawaii since the awful Inhumans show.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
"Fresh Off the Boat" and "How I Met Your Mother" star Kourtney Kang takes on the title role in the series to be produced by 20th Century Fox TV. Kang, Dayna Bochco, Jesse Bochco, Jake Kasdan and Melvin Mar all executive produce.

Kourtney Kang is a writer and producer. She's really taking the title role?

Oct 25, 2017

With 5-0 being done this year that opens up a lot of existing production resources and staff in Hawaii. Looks like Disney trying to jump on that with CBS still busy with Magnum (fun fact: the original Magnum PI was a way to keep the original 5-O production staff and capacity working when 5-O stopped)

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Is the journal in the Doogie reboot going to be a YouTube channel? That would be lame.

If they want it to work she needs to write her thoughts on a computer that cannot display more than 256 colors on screen at a time.

Last edited:

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
"Fresh Off the Boat" and "How I Met Your Mother" star Kourtney Kang
Huh? What an odd error to make for a producer.

Emma Stone already rehearsing for her audition. Keep in mind there's a Punky Brewster revival coming too. Wheres my Small Wonder show?

Female-Led "Doogie Howser" Reboot Set - Dark Horizons

ABC’s classic 1989 half-hour medical dramedy series “Doogie Howser, M.D.” is set to be rebooted for the Disney+ streaming service. Currently going by the working title of “Doogie Kealoha, M.D.,” the new take is set in Hawaii and centers on a 16-year-old half Asian, half white girl who works as a...

giphy1c6kne.gif

I've actually thought of a Small Wonder reboot and for the life of me I can't remember what it was but there was some show that was almost it or at least I thought of it kind of like that made me think of it.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Kourtney Kang is a writer and producer. She's really taking the title role?

No, this is what happens when a writer doesn't know how to read the original article from Deadline they're basing their article on.

Set in Hawaii, Doogie Kealoha, M.D. centers on a 16-year-old half Asian, half white girl who works as a doctor. The lead character's ethnicity reflects Hawaii-born Kang's own background — she previously tapped into her experiences growing up in a mixed-race family in a comedy pilot for NBC.
deadline.com

‘Doogie Howser’ Female-Led Reboot ‘Doogie Kamealoha M.D.’ In Works At Disney+ From Kourtney Kang

Doogie Howser, M.D., ABC’s classic 1989 half-hour medical dramedy series, is making a comeback and getting a makeover. I have learned that Disney+ is developing Doogie Kealoha, M.D. (working title), a reboot of the Neil Patrick Harris-starring show with a female lead, which comes from How I Met...

I don't know why people post articles that are based on other articles instead of just posting the original one.

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
As long as the theme song is still there and she writes some form of blog, I'm okay with this.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
She's half Asian, but her surname is Polynesian in origin? So I assume her Father is Asian or mostly Asian? If that turns out to be true, I must say that would be so brave of them to make the father Asian instead of the the mom lol.

We might as well get Jason Scott Lee to play as the father.