• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dakhil

Mar 26, 2019
Orange County, CA
careers.nintendo.com

Job Openings - Careers at Nintendo of America

Associate AV Producer, Audio / Video
  • Maintains a high level of knowledge of and familiarity with new video production trends, technology, equipment, software and distribution channels.
  • May assist with filming live-action footage for use in Nintendo Directs, and other content marketing initiatives.
  • May assist Localization with editing and synching of voice recordings and video footage for in-game cinematic scenes for use in retail game products.
  • May assist with producing live programming such as Nintendo Treehouse Live and competitive gaming events streamed on Nintendo channels and accounts across services like Twitch, YouTube Live and others.
  • Facilitates file transfers with Nintendo Company Limited (NCL), Nintendo of Europe (NOE), Engineering, Product Testing, remote offices and marketing agencies

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.png

@TheFriendlyBro

IGN - Video Producer and Editor
Verified
Aug 1, 2019
Wait...

They're hiring someone who'd require a high level of knowledge and also know how to shoot live-action stuff for Directs? Mad. Just mad.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
When we are so thirsty for Nintendo Directs that we are posting job postings for it lol.

Quick, someone on Era apply for the job and tell us secret information.

ErrorJustin

Oct 28, 2017
...I don't get it?

What is notable or the subtext of this? Companies have need for video producers, camera ops, video editors, etc.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Call me when they hire someone to permanently digitize Miyamoto, so that he can forever live in our hard drives. And only in our hard drives. Say bye to your family.. and hello to your exciting new virtual world!!!

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
My uncle that works at Nintendo told me they have no more plans to market their games whatsoever. Sorry fam, this must be placeholder text.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Which one of you is gonna take the hit and get hired so that Nintendo-Era has someone on the inside?

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
Mario directs, Pokemon directs, partner showcases, lots of directs are happening. General directs are dead.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
No shit?

There are no long-form Nintendo Directs right now because those have recorded segments with talent, which isn't possible right now, and because is it difficult to comminucate at the level needed during work-from-home situations.

Once those burdens are lifted in time, Directs will return. This was obvious the whole time. There is a reason they used the Direct Mini: Partner Showcase branding--to keep the Direct name alive.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
So the reason we didn't get any Directs for so long is because they fired the people who shoot them.

If we work together, we can fake a convincing resume to apply.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I think a Feb or a March direct like last year is more likely. They have Feb/March covered in terms of releases but will need to show off things coming up after that.

A Feb partner showcase wouldn't surprise me either.
But something in March with major Nintendo news for the spring and summer is very likely.

Plus an indies showcase somewhere in there.

But despite all that, fully expect the 'there has been no general direct for X days' whine to continue.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I don't know everyone's laughing at this thread. It's new news and, considering we had like fifty Nintendo Direct Speculation threads before they became general Nintendo threads, something people clearly care about. Is it just a console war thing or something else entirely?

Personally I've gone from thinking Directs are dead to wondering when the next big one is going to be, and now with this it seems like they'll start again relatively soon. It'll be a fun day when it finally happens.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Good to finally have something solid to point to. I don't know why, but some really pessimistic people got the idea that Nintendo was never doing a full, regular Nintendo Direct again.

Which is really ridiculous. Since, ya know, it's probably their greatest marketing strategy ever. And costs next to nothing *comparatively* at the same time.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Lol, we're looking at job listings now to confirm a Direct will happen sooner or later.
Nintendo popularized the format and it's been proven to work well, especially in these times, of course they'll keep them going.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Mario directs, Pokemon directs, partner showcases, lots of directs are happening. General directs are dead.
We know thanks to Nate that general Directs won't return until the pandemic is properly dealt with since it's impacting Nintendo's ability to coordinate with their various divisions around the world.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I don't know everyone's laughing at this thread. It's new news and, considering we had like fifty Nintendo Direct Speculation threads before they became general Nintendo threads, something people clearly care about. Is it just a console war thing or something else entirely?

Personally I've gone from thinking Directs are dead to wondering when the next big one is going to be, and now with this it seems like they'll start again relatively soon. It'll be a fun day when it finally happens.
The format is very popular, Nintendo made it work great and it's become even more important during the pandemic. Directs are going nowhere, the branding might go or they might keep it, but the format itself will still be a thing. It's got absolutely nothing to do with console wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.