• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if Black Widow will get delayed at least a couple months

Or as a Disney+ movie
Definitely not D+.

I wouldn't be surprised if they moved Mulan, but doing that and Black Widow might be way too big a blow to their earnings projections. I guess maybe if FF9 ends up moving, they could push Widow closer to Memorial Day weekend.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
What if the virus is stronger in the fall

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Better than having it bomb due to the virus, but sucks as I was really looking forward to it. Was planning to get a ticket for the first midnight screening (at 00:07 lol).

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
Definitely not D+.

I wouldn't be surprised if they moved Mulan, but doing that and Black Widow might be way too big a blow to their earnings projections. I guess maybe if FF9 ends up moving, they could push Widow closer to Memorial Day weekend.

Releasing Mulan now would be even more of a blow to their earning projections.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
If this thing really takes root, and theaters dwindle in attendance and things are shut down... gotta imagine that we'll see the speed of direct to home purchases magically appear.

$30-$40 to stream a new movie... these movie studios have to recoup their investments.

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
I understand why they delayed it. sucks to see it, but I get it.

I hope that Regal honors my Marathon ticket I bought last night.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Disney is gonna pull the trigger on Mulan. Not just because of China (though that's the biggest reason) but I also think they might want re-market the film since the buzz if pretty dead right now.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
fuck, I guess this is gonna start happening huh.

I wonder if Disney starts pushing their shit...

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Regal's website still lists April times, but you can't purchase tickets anymore. Guess they're doing maintenance right now to remove the times.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Does make me wonder if any summer blockbuster is going to go to streaming first, get some money at least. Mulan and Black Widow on Disney+?
Streaming doesn't generate revenue for a movie. Disney putting Mulan and Black Widow on Disney+ first would make no sense from a financial standpoint.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Just finished listening to the Kinda Funny guys review Shazam and they said the next films were the Craig Bond ones, assuming you lead up to this movie. Crazy it's going to get delayed for that long but they wanna make as much as possible and no way they can't now with Corona spreading.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The delay is unfortunate, but sensible.

Also, let's be real..... 7 of the past 8 (and now 8 of the past 9 with NTTD sliding) Bond films have dropped in North America in November (and the outlier, TND, dropped in December). There's a comfort there. When I think Bond, I think November.

Last edited:

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Huh, for some weird reason I hadn't even thought about the possibility that movies would be delayed, but it makes sense. Definitely not the last one.

Deleted member 7777

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the film was done, or if it needed more work and this was the perfect excuse to give it a little more time in the oven. It's been a rough production...

If it was done and ready to screen, they should either dump it on digital or I hope it leaks. Waiting until November will be excruciating

May 25, 2019
London
Glad they delayed it but they should also change the title. "No Time to Die" is probably most offensive title a Bond movie has had giventhe current pandemic situation.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
That is a big delay.

Obviously the Virus is an issue but this massive delay makes me wonder if they are also concerned about certain elements of the movie now (like the new female 007 character) after the majority of audiences didn't go to watch Birds of Prey, which bombed hard.

Wouldn't surprise me to hear about reshoots happening at some point. There has already been some backlash over those things, and Birds of Prey might have them more worried now.

Deleted member 7777

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When I bought my tickets I actually said to myself "well if the worlds ending at least I get to see one last Bond film!"

🤦‍♂️

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That is a big delay.

Obviously the Virus is an issue but this massive delay makes me wonder if they are also concerned about certain elements of the movie now (like the new female 007 character) after the majority of audiences didn't go to watch Birds of Prey, which bombed hard.

Wouldn't surprise me to hear about reshoots happening at some point. There has already been some backlash over those things, and Birds of Prey might have them more worried now.
Bro they not about to cut women out of the movie cuz nobody cared about a suicide squad spin off lmao

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Bro they not about to cut women out of the movie cuz nobody cared about a suicide squad spin off lmao

Not saying I agree with it, or they should be cut out, I've no issue personally with a female 007 but they might want to reshoot things to make sure they are done in the best possible way.

Harley Quinn is an extremely popular DC character and if they can't get fans in cinema's to see her movie, then MGM might be worried about having a female 007 now, especially after they have already had some backlash from certain fans about the topic.

Last edited:

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
Sometimes you can have a rough week or two in life and you look forward to the little things like the long overdue sequel to one of your favorite franchises. You are already a little tense because of the virus on top of that, but this would have been a way to forget about that for awhile.

And then it gets delayed 7 months.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Daniel Craig might get to host SNL twice to promote the same movie now.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This has caused me moderate shock

Wow

Edit: Is it bad my first thought was because the movie sucked and they needed reshoots? Before I clicked the virus really did not come into mind at all

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Frustrating as the movie's finished and I already booked tickets. I'm guessing this move was centered more around the press tour aspect? Annoying that they're gonna lock the movie in a vault for 7 months rather than release it to territories that are relatively unaffected by the virus. I don't need my cute YouTube videos of the cast in London; just gimme the damn film.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
This has caused me moderate shock

Wow

Edit: Is it bad my first thought was because the movie sucked and they needed reshoots? Before I clicked the virus really did not come into mind at all

Some people here are floating that but the movie seems to be shaping up to be a killer finale for Craig.

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
I must of had my head in the sand, has there been bad buzz about this film?

I saw a report that it is actually good, but maybe that was before some of the rewrites occurred.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I wonder if the film was done, or if it needed more work and this was the perfect excuse to give it a little more time in the oven. It's been a rough production...

If it was done and ready to screen, they should either dump it on digital or I hope it leaks. Waiting until November will be excruciating

The film has been picture locked for a while, this is purely down to them worrying about box office.