• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Corran Horn

Oct 25, 2017
Were we going to determine the draft order early? Like to preplan my course of action, even more with all of these potential hold outs lol.

I'll be out of town next week but I should be good to do draft on my phone.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
So are we moving forward with using full flex in place of the W/T slot (which might as well be a 3rd WR)? It's the only change I feel strongly about - I really think the roster inflexibility hurts the league and this year will only make it worse, IMO.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
So are we moving forward with using full flex in place of the W/T slot (which might as well be a 3rd WR)? It's the only change I feel strongly about - I really think the roster inflexibility hurts the league and this year will only make it worse, IMO.
I'd be in support of W/R/T, but if you mean superflex I'd say no way.

OP
OP
cloudy

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
Okay I'm going to generate the draft order now if I can. With the amount of players we have, there will be RB hoarding if we do W/R/T. There is no way to restrict positions on the roster and bench that I can see

Last edited:
OP
OP
cloudy

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
Randomly Generated Draft Order

1.Good As Gould
2.Me and MaHomies
3.Newington Jets
4.DOINK FORCE
5.Dinner Out
6.Complex Audibles
7.Evil Corp
8.Smokin' Jays
9.Business Time
10.TD's N' Beer
11.Bail Kings Era
12.Rodgers Neighborhood
13.Spyders
14.Cyclones
15.Jimmy Guappolo
16.Knibb High Football

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Okay I'm going to generate the draft order now if I can. With the amount of players we have, there will be RB hoarding if we do W/R/T. There is no way to restrict positions on the roster and bench that I can see

True, it does seem as though Yahoo removed position limits.

I don't get why RB hoarding is a worry though. Adding flex means that we are saying when it comes to drafting that W/T, you have 16 more players to consider. Honestly it should be superflex because you should be deciding if Sam Darnold or Ryquell Armstead is the better play. Yes, all 32 will be drafted, but its up to you to decide if you want to start Daniel Jones in a horrible matchup vs. a middling receiver or RB. It adds more options. Here's a great article on it from last year.

I'll go with whatever the group wants but I think it's putting our heads in the sand to think that the current roster setup is the right one.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
True, it does seem as though Yahoo removed position limits.

I don't get why RB hoarding is a worry though. Adding flex means that we are saying when it comes to drafting that W/T, you have 16 more players to consider. Honestly it should be superflex because you should be deciding if Sam Darnold or Ryquell Armstead is the better play. Yes, all 32 will be drafted, but its up to you to decide if you want to start Daniel Jones in a horrible matchup vs. a middling receiver or RB. It adds more options. Here's a great article on it from last year.

I'll go with whatever the group wants but I think it's putting our heads in the sand to think that the current roster setup is the right one.
If there's one season where a superflex position makes a hell of a lot of sense to adopt, it's the one. When you're likely going to be faced with the prospect of multiple teams getting shut down for 1 or more games because of unforeseen COVID-19 exposure, offering owners the flexibility to slot anyone that offers some kind of offensive fantasy value into a slot from what will undoubtedly be a depleted waiver wire ought to be encouraged.

OP
OP
cloudy

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
Draft is in 2.5 hours. Hesitant to make any other changes after folks have been running mocks but I'll listen to final appeals for W/R/T over W/T.

I'd be for it if we could restrict the number of RBs on each roster via the system

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Lol man I am not ready. Cramming on promising rookies and camp standouts and shit.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
I'm not thrilled but also not unhappy with my draft. Definitely not used to being at the bottom turn. Good luck everyone!

Oct 28, 2017
California
Picking 15th, my team:

QB: Ryan Tannehill
WR1: Chris Godwin
WR2: Terry McLaurin
RB1: Austin Ekeler (#1 overall pick)
RB2: Kareem Hunt
TE: Blake Jarwin
W/T Flex: Julian Edelman
K: Zane Gonzalez
D/ST: Kansas City

BN: Antonio Gibson
BN: Anthony Miller
BN: Bryan Edwards
BN: Jerrick McKinnon
BN: Dan Arnold

Not too crazy about my running backs, but I feel good about my receiver corps.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Knibb High Football
1. (16) Aaron Jones (GB - RB)
2. (17) Miles Sanders (Phi - RB)
3. (48) Cooper Kupp (LAR - WR)
4. (49) Courtland Sutton (Den - WR)
5. (80) Marvin Jones Jr. (Det - WR)
6. (81) Evan Engram (NYG - TE)
7. (112) Tevin Coleman (SF - RB)
8. (113) Golden Tate (NYG - WR)
9. (144) Tom Brady (TB - QB)
10. (145) Brandon Aiyuk (SF - WR)
11. (176) Darrell Henderson Jr. (LAR - RB)
12. (177) Russell Gage (Atl - WR)
13. (208) Philadelphia (Phi - DEF)
14. (209) Jake Elliott (Phi - K)

My bench is full of lotto tickets but I'm not feeling too bad about my starters

Red Comet

Jan 6, 2018
Picking 15th, my team:

Antonio Gibson is a promising pick to beef up your RB corps. Especially now that AP is no longer on the team. I've been trying to grab him in every draft that I can.

Hazelhurst

Oct 25, 2017
Picking 15th, my team:

Nice receivers, Godwin and McLaurin. Crazy seeing Ekeler go in the first round but little dude is talented.

OP
OP
cloudy

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
DangerRuss
1. (12) Tyreek Hill (KC - WR)
2. (21) Travis Kelce (KC - TE)
3. (44) Raheem Mostert (SF - RB)
4. (53) Russell Wilson (Sea - QB)
5. (76) Ronald Jones II (TB - RB)
6. (85) Jordan Howard (Mia - RB)
7. (108) Matt Breida (Mia - RB)
8. (117) Emmanuel Sanders (NO - WR)
9. (140) Curtis Samuel (Car - WR)
10. (149) Sammy Watkins (KC - WR)
11. (172) James Washington (Pit - WR)
12. (181) Duke Johnson (Hou - RB)
13. (204) Matt Prater (Det - K)
14. (213) Tennessee (Ten - DEF)

Dropped TEN for IND

Hazelhurst

Oct 25, 2017
Evil Corp
fcw6WFv.png

OP
OP
cloudy

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
Man, .5 PPR the last few years made highly-targeted receivers really overpowered lol. Watkins looking at over 20 with .25 PPFD if this game doesn't get completely out of hand

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Not that it matters since I was toast anyway, but apologies for not noticing Golden Tate was ruled out. Don't want to be seen as not caring.

Also I know not to panic after one week, but uhhhhhh...I didn't draft good lol

rinker

Oct 28, 2017
Need a quick answer on this for tonight's game: IR only for COVID or any players can go in those slots for any reason?

in the mean time I'm putting two of my players in those spots. Trying to be a honest good little boy though.

OP
OP
cloudy

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
I'm not policing IR. If you can put someone on there, go ahead.

PS: There's no game tonight lol

grang

Nov 13, 2017
I am 0% confident in Hollywood Brown not busting a 70 yard TD but we'll see