• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
Getting started a little late this year but the NQ League is back! Basically it's a 16-team, money re-draft league that originated on NeoGAF in 2009. As the name implies, we try to have everyone play to win every week to maintain the integrity of the league. Deadbeats do not get invited back the next year

Last Season's Thread (With links to previous seasons):

www.resetera.com

No Quitters Fantasy NFL Football League (Season 11) |OT| OT

I can't believe it's been 11 years but the NQ League is back again. Basically it's a 16-team, money re-draft league that originated on NeoGAF in 2009. As the name implies, we try to have everyone play to win every week to maintain the integrity of the league. Deadbeats do not get invited back...

League Page is here (You can check out the Alltime rankings):

Fantasy Football | Yahoo! Sports

Yahoo Fantasy Football. Create or join a NFL league and manage your team with live scoring, stats, scouting reports, news, and expert advice.

LeagueSafe Payment link is here:

leaguesafe.com

Pay your $100.00 fantasy league dues for No Quitters 12 now!

Cloudystrife has setup No Quitters 12 to use LeagueSafe -- the trusted source for collecting and protecting fantasy league dues since 2008.

If anyone from last season drops out, we're taking names for a waitlist

Entry Fee
$100

Payout
1st - $500
2nd - $400
3rd - $300
4th - $200
Regular Season Standings Leader - $100
Regular Season Points Leader - $100

Waitlist
Raul Vargas - IN
castlegar - IN
Mallymal - IN
Silly Buck
Guybrush Threewood

Last edited:

Deacon

Oct 25, 2017
Are there going to be any considerations for covid issues? I don't have a lot of confidence in the NFL pulling off what the NBA has done so far.

edit: also wasn't there a way to load money to your balance to avoid the processing fee? Thought that was a thing last year but can't find it.

Last edited:

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Are there going to be any considerations for covid issues? I don't have a lot of confidence in the NFL pulling off what the NBA has done so far.

edit: also wasn't there a way to load money to your balance to avoid the processing fee? Thought that was a thing last year but can't find it.

Yeah, I mean I'm in but there are some things we have to change for this to work at all.
  • ROSTER: 3 IR slots (some IR slots will have a verbal rule that only one can be for injury, 2 for COVID)
  • ROSTER: Convert W-T to flex (we already put insane pressure on WR, and COVID will make this worse)
  • ROSTER: 4 player bench (1 less means 16 more players on waivers which is necessary again for the COVID drain)
  • ROSTER: Max 2QB, Max 2TE, Max 2 DST, Max 2PK (sounds simple but again, ensures a pool exists)
  • RULE: Refund if the regular season is cancelled (we need rules for the "what if's")
  • RULE: Refund playoff money if the fantasy playoffs are cancelled (again, "what if's")
Things I pushed last year and will continue to push for:
  • Auction Draft (ESPN/The Ringer, Berry has been advocating this since the Dinosaurs. My other league is converting this year)
  • Points Per First Down instead of PPR (The Ringer made a compelling case for this in 2018)
  • Superflex (The Ringer, Basically superflex introduces the other QBs and it takes the place of our 5th bench slot)
  • Eliminating Kickers (TFFB piece)
  • Converting DEF into score-up (Draftysports piece, I did this in my main league last year, it was very successful!)
If it was up to me, I would go for a minimum of:
  • Auction (I'm sorry, it just is better especially in this format)
  • W/T > Superflex (unlocks 16 QB and 16 RB, that's a massive improvement in our waivers)
  • 3 IR (necessary. some leagues right now are even doing 4)
  • Convert DEF (it was super easy to convert and didn't create a learning curve)
  • And of course set rules on the "what-if"

Oct 28, 2017
California
What makes auction drafts better? I need more of an argument than "it's chess vs checkers"

-I'm open to doing it for this year, never hurts to try new things, but want to have a vote at the end of the season/beginning of next season to decide if we want to keep it or revert back to a snake draft.

-Yeah we definitely need some IR spots when we currently don't even allow for one.

-Would love to move from W-T to full on Flex. Not all rookie RBs pan out.

-D/ST should definitely be converted to score-up.

I'm not so sure about Superflex though.

AppleBlade

Nov 15, 2017
Connecticut
I would like to be put on the wait list. I can pay whenever I get admitted. You'll have to take my word for it but I am very committed to these things. Even if I have no chance at winning, I'll hit up the waiver wires and try and win every game right up until my last.

I'm also comfortable with Yahoo fantasy sports but I've never done an auction draft (but I'm excited to do so).

rinker

Oct 28, 2017
Not entirely taking this season seriously, but I'm in and good with whatever rule changes make sense to help us adapt

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I've got to bow out. Finances are just to tight due to covid and I just can't justify the expenditure with my current circumstances.

I loved being in the league last season and would love to be on the wait list again for next season.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
Reporting in and have paid (Spyders).

I'm on board with basically all the suggestions, particularly at least expanding W/T to flex. My vote would be to refund fully if the season is not completed.

Score-up is fine with me and it seems like the roster tweaks are balanced with less bench and more IR.

Thanks for setting up.

OP
OP
cloudy

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
Guys, let's try to get all payments in by 8/31 so I have a few days to get waitlisters in.

Also, any more comments on rule changes?

Hazelhurst

Oct 25, 2017
I'm all for changes to help balance out Covid issues.

2 or 3 IR Covid slots and only for Covid. Not sure if Yahoo has added this as an option or this will be a manual policing process by commissioner. Again, IR for Covid only.
Max 2QB, Max 2TE, Max 2 DST, Max 2PK (sounds simple but again, ensures a pool exists) - I agree with this

I say we keep bench at 5. My take is there is more talent than ever in the league. I don't want valuable FAs just sitting out there all the time. 4 spots just seems really low. 5 is already lower than the default of 6. I know some will argue this because of Covid.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
cloudy PM me the info as I'm still not in a leaguesafe country
Not sure they're ever going to add Canada to LeagueSafe eligibility. Feels like something they'd have done already if it was going to happen.

Incidentally, I'm afraid I'm going to have to take this opportunity to commit the unthinkable act of "quitting" on No Quitters. After playing the past 9 seasons and logging 6 cashes, I'd convinced myself that I would stick it out until I won at least once but COVID-19 has me largely checked out on what I anticipate will be a fantasy season full of disruption and volatility and I've found that working from home has only led me to having less free time than ever before.

I still plan to follow along with this thread and this season and will definitely throw my hat back into the ring to finally land my first No Quitters championship in future years... but, unfortunately, for now I'm going to have to bow out.

GCQ

Oct 27, 2017
Raleigh, NC
After thinking on it, I've decided not to return this season. Way too much uncertainty in the air and I have doubts it'll even be completed if it does. Good luck to everybody and I hope I can come back next year!

Oct 28, 2017
California
Not sure they're ever going to add Canada to LeagueSafe eligibility. Feels like something they'd have done already if it was going to happen.

Incidentally, I'm afraid I'm going to have to take this opportunity to commit the unthinkable act of "quitting" on No Quitters. After playing the past 9 seasons and logging 6 cashes, I'd convinced myself that I would stick it out until I won at least once but COVID-19 has me largely checked out on what I anticipate will be a fantasy season full of disruption and volatility and I've found that working from home has only led me to having less free time than ever before.

I still plan to follow along with this thread and this season and will definitely throw my hat back into the ring to finally land my first No Quitters championship in future years... but, unfortunately, for now I'm going to have to bow out.

Gonna miss having you in the League, Uber. Hopefully you can comeback next season.

OP
OP
cloudy

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
Guys, with Uber out this year, Moogle will step in as Co-Commish

I think we just need 1 more at the moment. Also, 11 of 15 have paid

OP
OP
cloudy

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
Looks like we need 1 more. Anyone who hasn't paid, please PM me by 8/31 just so I know you're still in

OP
OP
cloudy

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
Ok as far as rules, here are my thoughts:

- I've resisted auction drafts since 2009 but if there are no objections, I guess I'll cave lol
- PPR will be replaced by PPFD
- I like DST starting at 0 points and moving up. We may need to discuss some more
- Kicker stays but maybe we can do something with the scoring?
- Let's start with 2 IR slots for now. Don't want to have any unwritten rules with one for COVID
- Not sure if Yahoo can do it but max of 2 QB, DEF and K sounds good to me
- If season is cancelled, everyone gets their money back. If playoffs are cancelled, the playoff teams split funds evenly

OP
OP
cloudy

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
Scoring and Setting changes made so far:

- Removed PPR (0.5) and added PPFD (0.25) for passing, rushing and receiving.
- Added 2 IR spots

I don't see a way to set max positions on the roster without affecting the playable positions.

I did see a new kicker scoring option that looks good:

FG yards per point
When using this setting, the Fractional Points setting for your league is factored in to determine the total points awarded for field goals.

When Fractional Points are enabled, yards per point are used to calculate the score. For example, when using 10 yards per 1 point, a 19-yard field goal would result in 1.9 points.

When Fractional Points are disabled, field goal total yards are rounded down, as with other scoring stats. For example, two 24-yard field goals would result in 4 points (48 yards, rounds down to 4 points), but three 24 yard-field goals would be 7 points (72 yards, rounds down to 7 points).

I say we remove the current FG scoring turn that on with -0.5 for missed FGs and PATs and 0.5 for made PATs. Thoughts

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
California
Ok as far as rules, here are my thoughts:

- I've resisted auction drafts since 2009 but if there are no objections, I guess I'll cave lol
- PPR will be replaced by PPFD
- I like DST starting at 0 points and moving up. We may need to discuss some more
- Kicker stays but maybe we can do something with the scoring?
- Let's start with 2 IR slots for now. Don't want to have any unwritten rules with one for COVID
- Not sure if Yahoo can do it but max of 2 QB, DEF and K sounds good to me
- If season is cancelled, everyone gets their money back. If playoffs are cancelled, the playoff teams split funds evenly

After thinking about it and since we started so late this year, I think we should still keep the snake draft. There wasn't enough time to prepare (at least for me) to learn how to do an auction draft. Those of use who have never done one would be at a serious disadvantage.

-I'm ok with with all the other scoring changes.

OP
OP
cloudy

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
OK I guess we can stay with snake draft this year cos of timing but everyone should look into it for next year. Do the auction folks agree with that?

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Auction drafts are fun but you can very easily get caught with your pants down if you don't know what you're in for. And there's a learning curve if you haven't done one before... not only for how heavily one should bid but how to strategically nominate other players at optimal times to drain the auction dollars of your opposition.

I like to nominate big name players with bad schedules in positions of high year-over-year variability whenever possible. I also like to nominate the trendy players of the hour early on that will inevitably be overpriced and trigger huge bidding wars.

Hazelhurst

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with either snake or auction. Sounds like snake might be best for most as we're getting a late start this season.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Auction is super easy to get into, but I get it if we change a bunch of rules and people freak out. My main league (14 years) is switching to auction this draft and there is a lot of consternation, but it's really mellowed out because we are doing a cheaper COVID season rather than one where everybody has time to stress out over the details.

I see cloudy ready for auction but trying to gloss over changes to bench or flex?? lol That's a really important change to flex or super flex. The current format is is ridiculously infiexible.

Score-Up
Here's how the Defensive score-up works in my league:

1. Your defense starts at zero like every other player
2. There are penalties for giving up too many points:
(-1) Giving up 7-13
(-2) Giving up 14-20
(-3) Giving up 21-27
(-4) Giving up 28-34
(-5) Giving up 35+

3. Everything else is positive.
(1) Sack
(3) Interception
(2) Fumble Recovery
(4) Safety
(3) Blocked Kick
(6) Kickoff or Punt Return Touchdown
(1) 4th Down Stop
(0.5) Three-and-out Forced

The net result is pretty close to a classic scoring system (within 10%) but since it's based a lot on performance you are hoping for the defense to produce just like any offensive position player. The Patriots last year were a top player for half the season in both formats. Anyway we switched to this and I got zero complaints.

OP
OP
cloudy

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
15 of 16 have paid. I have reached out to the last manager cos I haven't heard from him.

OP
OP
cloudy

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
Defense changed to score up using the provided settings and kicking changed to 10 yards per point, 1 pt for PATs and miss penalties for both

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Sorry for being out of touch, I've been very on the fence about this year because I haven't been doing nearly as much research and following camps/news, and wasn't sure if the $100 was worth basically just giving up...but fuck it, I'm in again. Just paid up.

Just double checking, is the Saturday the 5th at 9 EST confirmed the draft time? Works for me but just wanna make sure i have it right.

Last edited: