• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Just chiming in ahead of the kickoff of this week's crucial Money Week matchups to wish everyone the best of luck in advancing to the semifinals. Even two-time champ Minx... who certainly doesn't need my luck and has already made some profit by posting the best season-long record and scoring the most points.

I mean, hey, anyone that's drafted and managed his team as well as he has over the past 3 seasons ought to make it to Week 15 without breaking a sweat. But I've seen wilder things happen in fantasy... even to him. His one loss this season was to our lowest-scoring club. So never say never. We still have 8 teams that can win the No Quitters title.

As for tonight, I'm leaving Montgomery on my bench with the news that Conner has been ruled out. I can now sit back and watch Dalvin Cook and the Vikings assure us that he's the healthiest man alive next to Donald Trump for the next 3 days with a comfortable safety net at my disposal in the form of one Benny Snell.

i actually hope Monty goes off tonight against the Cowboys and lights up my bench. I'll have no qualms about it if he does as it would afford me the confidence to start him next week should I happen to make it to Week 15.

Last edited:

grang

Nov 13, 2017
What are good running backs

I just pray at the Arians alter every week
Honestly, I'd prefer to pray for the obvious plays I have rather than agonizing an entire week over choosing between two RBs that are both highly ranked where the choice could be the deciding factor between the W or the L

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Man, it was looking grim for Minx through 3 quarters there but Dak salvaged his fantasy day in garbage time... albeit through Gallup which negated most of the saving throw benefit. grang narrowed his projection deficit with the 2-time champ slightly tonight but obviously not by as much as initially hoped.

Meanwhile, rinker was the direct beneficiary of those chip shot red zone TD lobs to Robinson in the first half pacing the newly reunited w/ Robbie "Good as Gould" to the early lead over TheSkullPrince's "also named after a 49ers player" Jimmy Guappolo squad.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
We're just one short hour away from finding out whether Knibb High Football can shock the 2-time defending No Quitters league champions (TD's N' Beer), whether Bail Kings Era can avenge their bronze medal game loss in 2016 and send the Long Island Broskis to their first-ever Week 14 defeat, whether Jimmy Guappolo can rebound from their slow start on Thursday to sink the championship aspirations of the longest-tenured team to never win in Good As Gould and whether Evil Corp can maintain their steady improvement from Season 9 (fantasy playoffs) to Season 10 (Money Week winner) to Season 11 (10-3; championship game?) by besting our rookie sensations, the Tecmo Allstars.

It's the most crucial week of the fantasy season that separates the contenders from the pretenders. Best of luck all around!

grang

Nov 13, 2017
I'm sick over this Aaron Jones / Melvin Gordon decision lol

edit: all in on Gordon v Jax, if it's wrong it's wrong but had to go with my gut

Good luck everyone!

edit 2: lol

Last edited:

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Man, that Monday night football game that shook up all of the matchups really screwed me over by giving me that win. Crazymoogle's team is crushing me. Ah well, I would rather get blown out big on Money Week than lose a close one that leaves me questioning my decision process. Better to finally have luck catch up to me on a Week 14 now than with a team I'm fully invested in.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
It's like poetry that I'm down by 12 points, the 12 points I would have if I'd started Jones over Gordon

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Fantasy football credo... "You're always supposed to start your studs... unless the guy you were going to bench them for is going to go off."

Man, all of these matchups are kind of close still and could go either way with the evening games still on deck.
I imagine nobody is feeling too comfortable.

Best of luck through this final sweat. I don't expect to be here next week but perhaps the fantasy gods will smile upon me once again.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Gordon had that one TD poached by the fullback, and then the Chargers inexplicably went up by a million points, along with the Titans allowing them to rest Henry during the 4th.

Still though, Jones was the play and I got cute.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I'm not sure I've ever seen this in a Money Week before.

Jm173qO.png

Literally ALL of our matchups are coming down to Monday Night Football between two shitty NFC East teams.

Couple that with the likely loser of the Long Island Broskis-Bail Kings Era matchup likely having the 2nd most points this week and failing to make the money. That's only happened ONCE before in No Quitters history - which, incidentally enough, was the last time TD's N' Beer tasted defeat in the playoffs back in 2015... when he lost to the Commish.

Last edited:

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Here are each of the win-loss scenarios for tomorrow night...

(5) Good As Gould needs at least 33.06 combined fantasy points out of Saquon Barkley and the Eagles D/ST unit to make the money.
(6) Bail Kings Era needs at least 12.66 fantasy points out of Zach Ertz to make the money.
(7) Tecmo Allstars needs Dallas Goedert to outscore Alshon Jeffery by at least 1.83 points to make the money.
(8) Knibb High Football needs at least 12.17 fantasy points out of Golden Tate to make the money.

Here's my expanded take on each of these scenarios...

Good As Gould has the most uphill battle to make the money. Barkley hasn't looked the same since his high ankle sprain, has only topped his projection for this week on 3 occasions this season... and only one time since his last 100-yard rushing game back in Week 2. And that was against the Lions... whom everyone is able to run against. Whereas the Eagles run D/ST is actually stout.

Compound that with the fact that it's hard to imagine the Eagles D/ST excelling on an evening where Barkley exceeds expectations (barring some Pick 6s from Eli) and it would seem highly unlikely that rinker can recover despite the not insurmountable 8.87 projection deficit.

WINNER PICK: Jimmy Guappolo

The real story coming out of this matchup may well be how decimated TheSkullPrince's receiver ranks are now that Mike Evans is pretty much toast for the remainder of the season, the absence of receiver depth on his bench (after dropping Diontae Johnson prior to his explosion yesterday) and the $0 in FAAB with which to salvage his lineup. He has Cooper Kupp (terrible matchups the rest of the way), Randall Cobb (pedestrian numbers the past two weeks)... and no one else.

Tecmo Allstars has a fighting chance at toppling Evil Corp thanks in large part to that flukey Monday night game last week that dealt AllThingsPurple this matchup. Had they won last week, they'd have drawn Jimmy Guappolo and would already be mathematically eliminated. Goedert outscoring Jeffery by less than 2 points is a far less herculean effort than had he needed 28 points tonight.

That said, the weak Giants secondary conditions opposing quarterbacks to relentlessly pick on their quarterbacks (as opposed to targeting the center of the field via the short game to slot receivers, tight ends and running back dump offs) and one would surmise that'll be the gameplan for Wentz and company tonight as well (even with Agholor's availability looking dicey). Any instance this season where Goedert has outscored Jeffery has been when Jeffery has been up against an unforgiving secondary with elite cornerbacks. That's not the case with New York.

My money is on Hazelhurst overcoming the odds of surviving despite the down week from Lamar Jackson and Alvin Kamara and BOTH of his Tight Ends getting laid out mid-game with injuries. Frankly, I only think he loses tonight if Alshon goes down to injury as well... and that would just be too cruel. He is my current pick to take down the No Quitters championship in his 3rd season.

WINNER PICK: Evil Corp

Knibb High Football is an interesting case because we honestly don't know much about what the Giants will look like tonight offensively. Eli Manning is back in the saddle after the longest bench sabbatical of his career. He's never thrown passes to Golden Tate before... so they lack the chemistry that Manning has established with Sterling Shepard and Saquon Barkley. He also has new toys to play with in Kaden Smith and Darius Slayton. The playbook will remain the same but how much will Eli's head be in the game after such a long sabbatical and with so many moving pieces. It's anybody's guess at this point. The Eagles secondary is easily beatable... certainly more beatable than the Cowboys and Bills games that sent Eli to the bench earlier this year.

If Daniel Jones was still throwing passes and Tate wasn't concussed last week, I'd say this upset was already in the bag. The only time Tate hasn't delivered the numbers to topple the two-time champ against a weak secondary with a full snap share was in Week 7 against the Cardinals... and that was a game where Jones struggled and Shepard was out of the lineup. It's reasonable to assume the Giants will be down in this game and will be playing from behind so he'll keep airing it out. But how many of those balls will be headed Tate's way and what accuracy will they have? It's hard to say.

With playoff reseeding in full effect, a swing in the outcome of this matchup will have more impact than any other. A loss by Minx (who has already banked $200 incidentally thanks to netting the #1 seed and the most points scored) would open things up for the rest of the field in addition to taking his $56 FAAB stash out of the equation. That said, does anyone want to face grang's Knibb High team with quite possibly the most dangerous player in fantasy right now in Derrick Henry? Because that's what Evil Corp has to look forward to should the upset happen.

WINNER PICK: Too Close to Call

The two teams with the lowest projection point total heading into Money Week are the ones that will finish with the highest point total on the week - which should tell you how much faith you should put into projections at this point.

Barring something unforeseen, the loser of this matchup will be only the 2nd team in league history to fail to make the money despite scoring the 2nd most points of any team on the week (thus meaning they would have made the money vs. any other opponent).

Should the losing team finish with more than 114.89 points, they'll also have the record of having the most points of any team in any Money Week in league history to LOSE... and go home with nothing. The fantasy gods are a cruel mistress... but such is the nature of head-to-head matchups in the fantasy playoffs.

This is Match #7 between Crazymoogle's Bail Kings Era and my Long Island Broskis. We have an even 3-3 split in the head-to-head series and the Bail Kings are hoping to avenge a playoff loss to the Broskis in the bronze medal game three years ago.

The Bail Kings are the 2010 league champions and two-time runner-ups (in 2015 & 2018). They have a lifetime No Quitters record of 76-43 (.639) and have qualified for the playoffs every single year they've been in the league. Conversely, my Long Island Broskis are a lifetime 6-0 in Money Week playoff matchups and boast a lifetime No Quitters record of 86-49 (.637). They are three-time runner-ups (in 2012, 2014 & 2017) in addition to finishing 3rd twice and 4th back in 2011. They have the highest win percentage of any team in league history to never win the championship. The narrowest of those Week 14 victories was by a mere 0.18 points back in 2012 over Frankman which remains, up until tonight at least, the closest fantasy playoff margin in league history. We've had narrower outcomes during the regular season but never in the playoffs with all the marbles on the line.

All eyes tonight will be on Zach Ertz... and with a projection difference of 0.26 points as of right now you can pretty much flip a coin to get the result of tonight's matchup. Ertz was on a recent tear with Alshon Jeffery out of the lineup when Wentz was forced to rely on him to move the chains. Of course, Jeffery is back now. He was also leaned on heavily in Week 9 against the Bears, whom you attack the same way you go after the Cardinals by throwing to your Tight End and avoiding their cornerbacks. The Giants don't have cornerbacks to fear so that won't be the case here.

Ertz will likely need a touchdown to clear the 12.66-point deficit that remains outstanding to give Bail Kings the win. The closest corollary to that outcome would be the blowout victory against the Jets back in Week 5. A blowout win tonight for the Eagles would go a long way towards giving Bail Kings the victory and with the Eagles favored by 9 1/2 points at present, I wouldn't bet against it. Beyond that, Ertz has a TD and at least 6 receptions in each of his past 4 games against the Giants. He does that tonight and well...

WINNER PICK:
Bail Kings Era

Last edited:

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Eli's looking like an already bad, over the hill QB that hasn't played a game of consequence since early September.
Not looking good for anyone needing points from Giants players tonight.

At least their D is stepping up.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Looking very good for TD's 'N Beer, Jimmy Guappolo, Bail Kings Era, and Tecmo Allstars right now.
I honestly can't believe the injury luck Evil Corp has dealt with this weekend now with Alshon Jeffery going down.
And I'm about to have the highest point total for a losing team in Money Week history.

TD's 'N Beer will face Tecmo Allstars.
Jimmy Guappolo will face Bail Kings Era.

If those likely outcomes hold.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I think we can officially call the Good As Gould vs. Jimmy Guappolo matchup now.
Congratulations on making the money, TheSkullPrince!

Hopefully this makes up for your Money Week loss two years ago to Dinner Out.
Best of luck in the semifinals... and salvaging some semblance of a wide receiver corps for the next two weeks.

On the bright side, your receivers are still better than those on the Philadelphia Eagles. They're down to 2 guys also!

Last edited:

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
One quarter remaining. Three matchups still very much in play. Best of luck to those trying to barely hang on or ice their matchups.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
AllThingsPurple has won his matchup barring a Goedert fumble or a scoring correction.

Congratulations! Unbelievably rough weekend for Hazelhurst's Evil Corp.
Like I said earlier tonight, Alshon going down to injury as well would just be too cruel. And it was.
Surviving 3 starting roster injuries in Money Week is just too much to overcome.

EDIT: And that last Goedert reception should lock it down.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
And that Ertz touchdown ends my own season.
Congratulations to Crazymoogle on delivering one hell of a Money Week showdown.
I wish you the best of luck in capturing your 2nd No Quitters title (and your first in 9 seasons) as you move on to the semifinals next week.

The Long Island Broskis are now 6-1 lifetime in Money Week.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
And lastly, Minx improves to 13-1 in his bid to defend his two-time league championship with that followup touchdown by the unstoppable Ertz! Congratulations!

Our semifinal matchups are set...

TD's 'N Beer vs. Tecmo Allstars
Jimmy Guappolo vs. Bail Kings Era

You've all made your money back. Now it's time to go all out for the glory of taking down the No Quitters title.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Jeez Uber, it really seemed like you had me for awhile there, was hanging just a few yards away forever. Absolutely brutal how many points we put up in the first round. How dare you talk about my past league record :lol

Anyway I will again go and pray at the altar of Arians for guidance

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
This season's Money Week hero plays...

QB

Drew Brees - 40.06 Points vs. San Francisco (349 Passing Yards, 6 Touchdowns)
Jameis Winston - 36.49 Points w/ a fractured thumb vs. Indianapolis (456 Passing Yards, 5 Touchdowns)

RB

Austin Ekeler - 29.30 Points @ Jacksonville (213 Total Yards, 4 Receptions, 1 Touchdown) on just 8 rushes / 5 targets
Aaron Jones - 28.20 Points vs. Washington (192 Total Yards, 6 Receptions, 1 Touchdown)
Joe Mixon - 26.10 Points @ Cleveland (186 Total Yards, 3 Receptions, 1 Touchdown)
Raheem Mostert - 23.90 Points @ New Orleans (109 Total Yards, 2 Receptions, 2 Touchdowns)
Derrick Henry - 23.40 Points on a bum hammy @ Oakland (109 Total Yards, 1 Reception, 2 Touchdowns)
Ezekiel Elliott - 22.30 Points @ Chicago (93 Total Yards, 2 Receptions, 2 Touchdowns)

WR

A.J. Brown - 31.10 Points @ Oakland (166 Total Yards, 5 Receptions, 2 Touchdowns)
Emmanuel Sanders - 30.60 Points @ New Orleans (157 Receiving Yards, 7 Receptions, 1 Receiving TD, 35 Passing Yards, 1 Passing TD)
Darius Slayton - 29.90 Points @ Philadelphia (154 Receiving Yards, 5 Receptions, 2 Touchdowns)
Michael Thomas - 24.90 Points vs. San Francisco (134 Receiving Yards, 11 Receptions, 1 Touchdown)
DeAndre Hopkins - 22.70 Points vs. Denver (132 Total Yards, 7 Receptions, 1 Touchdown)
Robert Woods - 22.20 Points vs. Seattle (127 Total Yards, 7 Receptions, 1 Touchdown)
Robby Anderson - 21.50 Points vs. Miami (120 Total Yards, 7 Receptions, 1 Touchdown)
Julian Edelman - 20.30 Points vs. Kansas City (103 Total Yards, 8 Receptions, 1 Touchdown)

TE

Zach Ertz - 25.60 Points vs. NY Giants (91 Receiving Yards, 9 Receptions, 2 Touchdowns)
Jared Cook - 19.40 Points vs. San Francisco (64 Receiving Yards, 2 Receptions, 2 Touchdowns) in ONE QUARTER before being concussed
Noah Fant - 19.30 Points @ Houston (113 Receiving Yards, 4 Receptions, 1 Touchdown) before being carted off the field w/ a foot injury

K

Jason Sanders - 16.00 Points @ NY Jets (7 Field Goals)
Younghoe Koo - 14.00 Points vs. Carolina (4 Field Goals, 4 Extra Points)

DEF

Pittsburgh Steelers - 18.00 Points @ Arizona (17 Points Allowed, 5 Sacks, 3 Interceptions, 1 Return TD)

Oct 28, 2017
California
I'm nervous af my WR situation is so bad I have to flex a TE lol.

I'm sure the League had a good laugh at all the roster moves I was making this week LMAO

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
It's looking quite good for both Jimmy Guappolo and TD's N' Beer in the early going.
For the 2nd consecutive week, TheSkullPrince looks likely to lock up his playoff victory before anyone else.

I was questioning the logic in folks allowing him to just scoop up replacement receivers without any blocking bids.
He hasn't missed a beat with Perriman stepping in to replace Evans without batting an eyelash.

Turns out starting Tannehill over Mahomes worked out well for him, as well.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Congratulations to TheSkullPrince for making it to your first No Quitters championship game. Your 3 seasons of hard work have finally paid off.

Your likely opponent will be two-time defending champion, Minx... provided he's able to avoid a 22-point combined effort between Wil Lutz and the Buffalo Bills D/ST from AllThingsPurple's Tecmo Allstars and improve to 14-1 on the season. This may seem to be a daunting challenge given Minx's track record and 8 consecutive playoff victories... BUT Jimmy Guappolo has outscored TD's N' Beer three consecutive weeks, so I would contend that you're not exactly the underdog here.

That said, should AllThingsPurple come from behind to pull off the upset we'll have a different story and outlook for the final No Quitters title game of the 2010s.

Oct 28, 2017
California
Congratulations to TheSkullPrince for making it to your first No Quitters championship game. Your 3 seasons of hard work have finally paid off.

Your likely opponent will be two-time defending champion, Minx... provided he's able to avoid a 22-point combined effort between Wil Lutz and the Buffalo Bills D/ST from AllThingsPurple's Tecmo Allstars and improve to 14-1 on the season. This may seem to be a daunting challenge given Minx's track record and 8 consecutive playoff victories... BUT Jimmy Guappolo has outscored TD's N' Beer three consecutive weeks, so I would contend that you're not exactly the underdog here.

That said, should AllThingsPurple come from behind to pull off the upset we'll have a different story and outlook for the final No Quitters title game of the 2010s.

Thanks Uber.

I still can't believe how everyone else was letting me make moves like that. I thought for sure someone would pick-up Ian Thomas (not that it mattered anyway).

And I'm not gonna lie, the main reason I made that blockbuster trade with you was for Kelce. I mean the Mahomes upgrade was very nice, understatement of the season, but Waller was just ok and I couldn't resist Kelce, even if meant up also giving up Brown and Montgomery.

Giving up Brown was easy since at the time I had Evans and Kupp, and I figured I'd just pick a WR off the wire to fill in for Brown.

Going for Monty over Singletary was the smart play by you, given Montgomery's seemingly easy schedule and Devin's brutal one, but lucky for me Singletary has been better this past stretch of games.

I'm also glad I hung on to Tannehill despite having Mahomes. I know he's Patrick freaking Mahomes, but he's looked mortal these past few matches.

And yes count me as the underdog if Minx wins! He's still the two-time defending champ and had the highest scoring team in the league!

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Holy cow... I think the Bills defense just won the semifinals for AllThingsPurple.
All he needs out of Lutz tomorrow night is 4 points.

Something he's only failed to achieve once this season (Week 3 against the Seahawks) and something the Colts have only failed to allow once this season themselves (vs. Jacksonville's Josh Lambo in Week 11).

We could be looking at a championship final between two teams who've never made it there before... one of whom is a No Quitters rookie.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Congratulations to AllThingsPurple for doing what no one else has been able to do over the last 3 seasons... in dethroning TD's N' Beer during the fantasy playoffs.

Next week's championship title game will be between Jimmy Guappolo and the Tecmo Allstars. Best of luck to you both!

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I knew when I drafted Kelce and Mahomes back-to-back to kick off this year's draft that they would wind up on a league championship team. Granted, I wish they were on my championship roster... but hey, one can't be too fussy about results. Perhaps I'll make that equation work out next year.

At any rate, I'd like to congratulate TheSkullPrince on winning his first No Quitters championship in his 3rd season. Here are the final playoff results...

1st - Jimmy Guappolo (11-5)
2nd - Tecmo Allstars (9-7)
3rd - Bail Kings Era (10-6)
4th - TD's N' Beer (13-3)

grang

Nov 13, 2017
With my team going OFF today, I was glad to look at my theoretical matchup for last week if I had won in the first round and see that I likely would have lost anyway...damn my agency, I'm going autodraft next year lol*

Congrats to all winners, especially Skull Prince!

*(obviously jk)

Oct 28, 2017
California
Thanks guys! Definitely had fun all season, my team got hot at the right time!

I still can't believe I won lol. When Evans went down I thought I was done for.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
(Looks at the math)

So basically I was one Breshad Perriman game away from the trophy. This time of year is terrible. :lol

OP
OP
cloudy

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
I knew when I drafted Kelce and Mahomes back-to-back to kick off this year's draft that they would wind up on a league championship team. Granted, I wish they were on my championship roster... but hey, one can't be too fussy about results. Perhaps I'll make that equation work out next year.

At any rate, I'd like to congratulate TheSkullPrince on winning his first No Quitters championship in his 3rd season. Here are the final playoff results...

1st - Jimmy Guappolo (11-5)
2nd - Tecmo Allstars (9-7)
3rd - Bail Kings Era (10-6)
4th - TD's N' Beer (13-3)

Congrats to the winners. Also Minx gets the regular season payout and I feel it worked as intended this year. Thanks for another great year, everyone. Sorry I wasn't as active as usual but we had our first kid this year and you know how that goes lol.Thanks to Uber for picking up the slack!