• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Team that got Mahomes and Kelce got much stronger and didn't lose anything really.
He lost some depth... but that's about it.

That said, I was willing to cut them loose so I'd have a shot at fielding a competitive lineup in Week 12 (something we should both be able to manage now) and to avoid the Patriots D in that crucial Money Week matchup in Week 14.

I was also not expecting to win today and frankly thought it was a needed move to forego either missing the playoffs or a one-and-done matchup against Minx as a #8 seed. Essentially, I sold out my potential long-term upside for a better shot at making the money - which I've managed to do 6 times out of the past 8 seasons in this league. And, in probably all of those instances, with much better teams than I'm fielding this season. Frankly, I got lucky with the schedule going undefeated while Mahomes was out.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Gordon and Dwelley just need to outscore Goff, Robinson, and Richard. Easy peasy.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Obviously Allen is no mahomes.. lol. But hes put up consistently good numbers same with Brown, that's why I thought broskis got the better of the trade overall.

OP
OP
cloudy

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
Really questioning the draft strategy I used this year . I'm loading up on elite RBs next year. Just impossible to compete without them even if your QB is great

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Best part about likely having 3rd place locked up barring a season-best 19.85-point outing from Gerald Everett against a Ravens team that hasn't yielded that many points to a single player - and Good As Gould slated to face TDs 'N Beer next week - is that I can duck having to face two-time defending champ Minx until the Week 16 title game.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Just posting to wish everyone still alive good luck as we head into the final week of the fantasy season.
With three games set to kick off on Turkey Day, make sure to set your lineups early so you don't get caught off guard.

While I'm happy to have made the playoffs with my slapdash roster of knockoffs and castaways, I believe my Week 14 projection is the lowest of anyone either in the playoffs or in contention which puts my lifetime 6-0 record of Week 14 victory cashes in this league in serious jeopardy.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Everyone who is 1st to 4th place has clinched a playoff spot. I'm in 5th lol.
Given your matchup this week, I wouldn't be sweating things too much. You're looking at a likely #4 seed when all is said and done... which only puts you in line to face Minx prior to Week 16 if both the #2 and #3 seeds win in Money Week... which, as I noted earlier, isn't terribly likely.

I think you're in solid shape to make a run at the title.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
We have a veritable early playoff matchup about to get underway between Business Time and Knibb High Football... in what is essentially a "win and you're in, lose and you're done" contest.

Best of luck to both teams!

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
AllThingsPurple You're welcome for the Dallas Goedert bailout this week with Evan Engram still on the shelf.
I was hoping to make it mutual and provide some thanks your way for Sam Darnold but grang had to throw hot water on that plan.

I would have happily started Allen this week, too. But I had to roll the dice.

That turn of events should lock up the win for you, I'd imagine.
Will likely sink any hopes of me winning in Money Week as well.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
AllThingsPurple You're welcome for the Dallas Goedert bailout this week with Evan Engram still on the shelf.
I was hoping to make it mutual and provide some thanks your way for Sam Darnold but grang had to throw hot water on that plan.

I would have happily started Allen this week, too. But I had to roll the dice.

That turn of events should lock up the win for you, I'd imagine.
Will likely sink any hopes of me winning in Money Week as well.

Haha sorry man, knew I had to go all out to get Goedert. Here's hoping you are right!

Oct 28, 2017
California
Biting my fingernails over here. Last season I was in 8th place on the bubble and ended up losing my last match.

I know Uber said I have a favorable matchup, but with my luck this season I haven't taken any matchup for granted.Tomorrow should be fun :)

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Haha, I figured that 57 in faab will do me no good if I don't win this week so fuck it, Darnold time. Our merch is looking like it's gonna be down to if surge of us have one or two players go off. With Tate out for me, I'm really looking between Dorsett and Higbee at flex for a must win match...yuck.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Still going back and forth between Dorsett and Higbee. I might as well flip a coin.

Need a lot to go right to slip into the 8 seed, I hope the fantasy gods send me a little help.

Best of luck to everyone!

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Incidentally, Barber's performance isn't all that surprising.
Opposing teams have been running at will against the Jags since Week 9.

Oct 28, 2017
California
It's a tight game between me and the Commish. Mahomes, keep running it in or feed Kelce and stay away from Hill (lol yeah right).

Edit: I knew picking up KC's D/ST for this match-up was the right call!!!!

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Barring anything drastically unforeseen happening tomorrow night, these will be your playoff matchups...

WEEK 14 (aka MONEY WEEK) PLAYOFF MATCHUPS

1) TD's N' Beer (12-1)
8) Knibb High Football (7-6) | 1284.43 Points For

2) Evil Corp (10-3)
7) Bail Kings Era (8-5) | 1261.98 Points For

3) Long Island Broskis (9-4)
6) Good As Gould (8-5) | ~1268.42 Points For

4) Jimmy Guappolo (8-5) | 1383.40 Points For
5) Tecmo Allstars (8-5) | ~1363.07 Points For

The one notable shuffle we could see tomorrow night would be Good As Gould slipping to 7th should Chris Carson fumble his way onto the bench before putting up much in the way of numbers.

OP
OP
cloudy

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
Moogle rises from the ashes again!

Congrats to everyone making the playoffs :D

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Ummm... what the fuck is happening in this game tonight? I just got out of the theatre from watching Marriage Story and I see that I'm now projected to win a game I was supposed to lose, Cook is hurt and I have his backup sitting on my bench with a plum fantasy playoff schedule.

And... holy cow at that Evil Corp-Dinner Out margin. A scoring correction could flip that outcome.

Oct 28, 2017
California
Ummm... what the fuck is happening in this game tonight? I just got out of the theatre from watching Marriage Story and I see that I'm now projected to win a game I was supposed to lose, Cook is hurt and I have his backup sitting on my bench with a plum fantasy playoff schedule.

And... holy cow at that Evil Corp-Dinner Out margin. A scoring correction could flip that outcome.

What a crazy finish

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
AllThingsPurple really should've had this win locked up. Cook going down with a shoulder injury and Lockett playing decoy while flu riddled couldn't have been predicted.

Barring a scoring change affecting the Evil Corp-Dinner Out matchup, our Week 14 playoff matchups are now the following...

WEEK 14 (aka MONEY WEEK) PLAYOFF MATCHUPS

1) TD's N' Beer (12-1)
8) Knibb High Football (7-6) | 1284.43 Points For

2) Evil Corp (10-3) | 1413.18 Points For
7) Tecmo Allstars (7-6) | 1337.54 Points For

3) Long Island Broskis (10-3) | 1309.68 Points For
6) Bail Kings Era (8-5) | 1261.98 Points For

4) Jimmy Guappolo (8-5) | 1383.40 Points For
5) Good As Gould (8-5) | 1273.44 Points For