• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
2 QB league. I got Winston, Rivers, Murray, Rothlisburger and Darnold to pick from?

Right now I got Winston and Rivers starting.

Z Y

Oct 27, 2017
2 QB league. I got Winston, Rivers, Murray, Rothlisburger and Darnold to pick from?

Right now I got Winston and Rivers starting.

That's probably who I would pick. Seems like the safest picks at least.

I'm struggling between Murray, Jackson and Wilson.

Wilson seems the safest to me. But I feel like either Jackson and/or Murray are going to put up a lot of points in week 1.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I had one simple request at the beginning of this year's draft... don't let Minx repeat for the 3rd consecutive time.
And what do you go and let him do? Simply deliver the biggest blowout victory and the most points scored in a Week 1 in 11 seasons... that's what!

I swear...

And that's WITH Marquise Brown going off on his bench.

We're all just a bunch of fantasy scrubs compared to him! SCRUBS!

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
tenor.gif

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Just when you think you've caught a break with the healthy ADP benching, the fantasy gods pull the rug out from under you. Truthfully, we just need to figure out what sort of pact Minx made with them two years ago to run so well after being relegated to the trenches with the rest of us for so many years.

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
Have to say bold move benching Mahomes Uber.

Can we get all the teams names with their Era names listed on here?

Last edited:

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Have to say bold move benching Mahomes Uber.

Can we get all the teams names with their Era names listed on here?
Ultimately the move didn't result in more than a difference of a single point. It actually gives me piece of mind that the Chiefs were able to drop 40 points on the "elite" Jags defense despite no Hunt and Tyreek going down with an injury early. Frankly, Watkins has underachieved for so much of his career that I expected them to struggle with so many offensive weapons taken out of the equation.

Thankfully Kansas City has Andy Reid and Pat Mahomes... so they aren't going to fall prey to the same woes that Mike Tomlin and Big Ben are going through in Pittsburgh.

Bold start/sit decisions will typically pay higher dividends in the early weeks of the season than later on once projections have calibrated around new defenses and team dynamics. I'm more willing to buck the projection trend this time of year than later on... even if benching Mahomes after reaching for him so early in a draft is downright wacky.

Last edited:

Hazelhurst

Oct 25, 2017
I spent a good chunk of faab money week 1. As did Uber. Wasn't sure how hungry everyone was for Terry McLaurin.

OP
OP
cloudy

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
No IR position is killing me. Next season we should have it on. I can't remember if it just didn't exist for football back in 2009 (and we've been renewing since then) or it was an anti-stashing thing.

Last edited:

zerocalories

Oct 28, 2017
California
I'm actually trying to win fantasy this year

I play in a yahoo pppr league. I have a few questions

The stars rating means that this player has a good match-up but the projected points is still below another player. Who should I play? An example

Qb: Rodgers 2/5 stars 23.6 proj points against the Vikings at home vs dalton 4/5 stars 22.3 points against the 9ers at home

Does stars matter more than projected points?

Also hunter Henry got hurt, should I just drop him? When should I drop an injured player?

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
The stars rating means that this player has a good match-up but the projected points is still below another player. Who should I play?

Treat stars as potential. Experts set what they think projected points would be, but if the defending team has a particular weakness against receivers, there will be a 4-5 star rating, meaning that it's more likely the player does better than projection.

I don't really pay much attention to projections, just to rankings, but matchup rank has some value too.

Also hunter Henry got hurt, should I just drop him? When should I drop an injured player?

Drop a player if you're confident you won't use him again (and he has no trade value). Henry was just placed on IR, meaning he is out until at least Week 8, so that's somebody you can confidently drop.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
Missed out on the big players in waivers this week, but I'm OK with that. Wasn't huge on any of them. Did make a speculative scoop post waivers on Deon Cain with Funchess out.

I'm OK with where my roster is, but not in love. Regret not pulling the trigger on some of those upside TEs than panned out in week 1.

If anyone is open to dealing one, let me know.

Last edited:

zerocalories

Oct 28, 2017
California
Treat stars as potential. Experts set what they think projected points would be, but if the defending team has a particular weakness against receivers, there will be a 4-5 star rating, meaning that it's more likely the player does better than projection.

I don't really pay much attention to projections, just to rankings, but matchup rank has some value too.

Drop a player if you're confident you won't use him again (and he has no trade value). Henry was just placed on IR, meaning he is out until at least Week 8, so that's somebody you can confidently drop.
Thanks

What does the color of the opposing team mean?

Are you saying that proj points doesn't win over a good 4/5 star match up?

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Thanks

What does the color of the opposing team mean?

Are you saying that proj points doesn't win over a good 4/5 star match up?

Projected Points: Somebody took a guess based on various stats about how much they should score.
5 star matchup: The other team sucks vs. this position

You can suck against the QB but still hold Andy Dalton to 18 points because he's not Pat Mahomes.

The color is the matchup quality: green = good, red = bad. So in general if all of your matchups are green, it's positive (you can hover over the matchup for exact ranking)

In general I would just disregard it and use your preferred ranking website though, projected points is nonsense

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
No IR position is killing me. Next season we should have it on. I can't remember if it just didn't exist for football back in 2009 (and we've been renewing since then) or it was an anti-stashing thing.
I've never been anti-IR tag in terms of our league structure. Although it's been discussed in threads past and there have been folks who've objected to the idea. I think it's just fine given our shallow bench structure so long as it's not something that can be abused in the case of players simply being tagged on the injury report (something Belichick has notoriously played games with in the past). If it can only be used for players that are "out" or on the "IR" I think it's just fine. I'd certainly be open to revisiting the idea next off-season.

I see my $1 kicker investment is already paying dividends tonight.

Oct 28, 2017
California
Seeing how I was all-in on Cam Newton this pre-season and hoped Evans would make his way back to me in the 2nd round, that single pick of yours and tempting me with a Mahomes I had expected to be long gone likely saved me from drafting not one but two costly duds.

Well hey maybe we should keep drafting next to each other then, at least one of us will benefit lmao

grang

Nov 13, 2017
I am not at all confident anymore, need Bell and Chicago D to combine for less than 37 to hold on to the lead. Woof.

OP
OP
cloudy

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
I dropped Robinson at the last second for a kicker this morning. It was really a terrible decision. Why not see what he does and drop a TE I wasn't even starting. Ugh

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I dropped Robinson at the last second for a kicker this morning. It was really a terrible decision. Why not see what he does and drop a TE I wasn't even starting. Ugh
$100 in FAAB will take him down.

Good news, fellas... you don't need to worry about me getting him.

I would have given cloudy respectable trade value for him, too. Dropping guys with that kind of potential for kickers? Really now.

OP
OP
cloudy

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
Well I was hearing all the Hardman talk all week. Still stupid tho Any WR playing with Mahomes is worth a roster spot

OP
OP
cloudy

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
I'm so mad at myself cos the perfect play was to start him and hope for a breakout since there was no other hope of beating Dinner Out.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
All eyes will be on Baker Mayfield tomorrow night to see whether the Ember Island Players can end the 9-game unbeaten streak for TDs 'N Beer dating back to Week 8 of last season.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
With Mayfield underwhelming for the 2nd consecutive game and the Browns now salting away a lead, it would appear that Minx is now winning his 10th straight game.

Cyclone will be next up to attempt the impossible in Week 3.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
What's the longest win streak in this league?
You just had a 12-game win streak ended in Week 4 of last season... although I believe we've had even longer ones than that.
Including tonight you will have won 24 out of your last 27 matchups. Of those 3 losses, you avenged one of them in last year's playoffs. You'll be able to avenge the other two in Weeks 6 & 9 of this year.

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
You just had a 12-game win streak ended in Week 4 of last season... although I believe we've had even longer ones than that.
Including tonight you will have won 24 out of your last 27 matchups. Of those 3 losses, you avenged one of them in last year's playoffs. You'll be able to avenge the other two in Weeks 6 & 9 of this year.
24 of my last 27. Wow.

P. S. You should do your weekly recaps again like the old days. Those were good.

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
Reminder for next week... if you really want a player on your team, be sure to bid $62 on them.
$62 on a player who might be fantasy relevant for another 6 weeks.

Also can my Patriots D top their performance of last week? Facing Jets third string QB. They have currently scored more than all but 2 WRs and 2 RBs. Note I had the Bears D last year.

Last edited:

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
$62 on a player who might be fantasy relevant for another 6 weeks.

Also can my Patriots D top their performance of last week? Facing Jets third string QB. They have currently scored more than all but 2 WRs and 2 RBs. Note I had the Bears D last year.
Luke Faulk actually isnt that bad. I would trust him more than Darnald to be honest. He went 20 for 25 in his limited time Monday Night.