• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
I'm in favor of .5 PPFD (article) but as usual, not against 0.5 PPR either

I think the one year we are going to have a showdown over superflex or auction though 🤣 16 team without superflex, man...we are crazy

sersteven

Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia
Woof, 13. Still, should be exciting. This season is definitely going to be a shakeup year. Think we're gonna see some declines and some big breakouts.

OP
OP
cloudy

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
Ok I'll change it back if no one feels strongly about me doing that. If they do, it's majority rules as always

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I don't have an objection for 1/2 point per first down but I'd like to see some major sites adopt it into their ranking projections before we adopt it as a format. At least 1/2-point PPR is a pretty common format that you can tailor FantasyPros and the like around without much issue.

Corran Horn

Oct 25, 2017
Ouch 15th pick.

Not a fan of .5 ppfd as like stated already, it's kinda hard to find info about it on websites and analysts. .5 ppr is fine.

I'm fine Sunday for the draft but if anyway to push it up an hour or two works better for me as I have another draft an hour later from our start time, if we can't no worries I can draft in two leagues as it's different websites.

NYR

Oct 27, 2017
TEAMS w/ LEAGUE DUES STILL OUTSTANDING

Ember Island Players (GCQ)
Knibb High Football (grang)
Mild Concussions (SaveWeyard)
NYR (NYR)

Cyclone jumped the gun on both compbros and Fox318 when we opened things up to the wait-listers on Monday. But they'll have another crack at things before anyone else if another spot opens up.
Dropped NYR and Mild Concussions cos I didn't hear from them. AllThingsPurple has claimed one of the spots.

This late in the game, let's just do first come, first serve with the waitlisters
Strange, NYR said he was in, in this thread on Aug 10th.
I wasn't pmed about payment plans as requested and the draft is in a week
Ugh. My bad. I did want back in but don't visit this forum that much anymore. Last time I was here was to post on the season 10 thread and then to post in this thread. Woud love to be on the waiting list for next year.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Well, that was a mess. Good thing we have 3 months to salvage our rust bucket teams into something playoff respectable.
Remember to work the wire regularly, don't blow all of your FAAB budget in Week 1... and never accept Minx's first trade offer.

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
Well, that was a mess. Good thing we have 3 months to salvage our rust bucket teams into something playoff respectable.
Remember to work the wire regularly, don't blow all of your FAAB budget in Week 1... and never accept Minx's first trade offer.
But always accept my 2nd offer. If I don't make a trade it's not fantasy football.

I would like to thank whoever took Zeke. Still a headache.

Last edited:

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
And the first FAAB acquisition winner of the season is Tecmo Allstars.
Nabbing Royce Freeman with a bid of $12.

And here I was second-guessing my $6 bid as being too high.

Freeman will be competing with Breida for weekly bench points because I can't envision ever taking Cook or Gurley out of the starting lineup so long as either player is healthy. That said, given the durability question marks surrounding both those guys I can kind of understand the extra caution.

Oct 26, 2017
UK

Freeman will be competing with Breida for weekly bench points because I can't envision ever taking Cook or Gurley out of the starting lineup so long as either player is healthy. That said, given the durability question marks surrounding both those guys I can kind of understand the extra caution.

Yeah maybe I over paid but I wasnt feeling great about my rb depth and was kind of shocked he got dropped tbh.

He wont start unless injuries as you say but he might gain trade potential of he steps up this year.

Hazelhurst

Oct 25, 2017

Looks like Complex Audibles tried to get him back for $0.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Kinda surprised you guys pulled off waivers at all. Yahoo is totally screwed right now server wise...

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I didn't question it too much. We have shallow benches and there are a lot of injury question marks still floating around out there.

Lots of "how did this person get dropped" scenarios will play out over the season and bidding on each and every one of them even when an owner doesn't have a need to fill just to keep them away from someone else will drain a season-long FAAB budget mighty quick.

That said, I also don't believe that AllThingsPurple overpaid for him. $12 is probably the right price given Freeman's potential in his sophomore campaign. And I say that as someone who owned him last year and was largely underwhelmed by his fantasy contribution.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Aaron Jones looks terrible
I wouldn't read too much into this. He's playing the Bears and the Pack have only given him 4 touches/targets. I'd be more concerned by the fact that Jamaal Williams has had an equal number of touches/targets than Aaron's lack of productivity with the ones he's gotten. That's not a trend that grang wants to see develop in the long-term.

That... and I don't want the fantasy gods to gift Minx a Week 1 win to start the season.
The 2-time defending champ should have to work for these, damn it!

OP
OP
cloudy

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
Bears have a shaky QB but play as if he's really good. GB was very beatable if Bears were a bit more conservative

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Best fantasy play based on performance compared to projection after Game 1 of the NFL season... the Green Bay Packers defense.

Tonight was a wash for everyone else outside of Robinson (who I'm, of course, facing) and Graham.

Hazelhurst

Oct 25, 2017
I like the amount of love, Marquez Valdes-Scantling got from #12. MVS going to have a big year if he can remain healthy.

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
I'm never playing Matt Nagy at running back again.

Bears diehard here. Montgomery will get more touches than this game as Nagy had some terrible play calling but this was always going to be RBBC. Mike Davis is a good RB and will see his touches every week and there is Cohen as well. Right now I think they trust Davis more to run the correct routes and he has good hands and vision. Montgomery has better tackle breaking ability but I don't invision too many games where he gets 15 touches.

I wouldn't read too much into this. He's playing the Bears and the Pack have only given him 4 touches/targets. I'd be more concerned by the fact that Jamaal Williams has had an equal number of touches/targets than Aaron's lack of productivity with the ones he's gotten. That's not a trend that grang wants to see develop in the long-term.

That... and I don't want the fantasy gods to gift Minx a Week 1 win to start the season.
The 2-time defending champ should have to work for these, damn it!

Stranger things have happened but his top 2 picks underperformed so much I think this one should be a pretty easy W.