• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
cloudy

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
Dropped NYR and Mild Concussions cos I didn't hear from them. AllThingsPurple has claimed one of the spots.

This late in the game, let's just do first come, first serve with the waitlisters

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Heh... can't blame AllThingsPurple for jumping at the opportunity.
I just wasn't sure if waitlisters would pay attention to the thread without a heads up notice about an opening.

In that case, I'll send an additional heads up to The Doomed One and Zeusy now.

One more spot remains!

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Hi everyone, glad to be a part of the league! Can't wait for it to start.

I should be all paid up, team name is Tecmo Allstars.

With regards to draft day is there any chance it could be 2 hours earlier? If that's no good for people no worries but it would help me out.

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois

With regards to draft day is there any chance it could be 2 hours earlier? If that's no good for people no worries but it would help me out.
Earlier would be better for me as well but original draft time still will work.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
I would vote no myself, but that's a league wide thing to sort out

I have to get my son awake and on a school bus + finish the resetera league draft...

Resilient

Oct 25, 2017
hello friends.

I am posting from Australia. I know nothing about NFL but I've joined an ESPN fantasy league in the hopes to learn the game through fantasy sport.
my draft is in 12 hours. can anybody help me pick a team/highlight a few players that i should target?
it's a 10man league.
it's not keepers.
QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
TE
FLEX
D/ST
K
then 7 bench spots

seriously, if anybody can help i would love you
it's a cash league so a little bit on the line.

thanks in advance.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
hello friends.

I am posting from Australia. I know nothing about NFL but I've joined an ESPN fantasy league in the hopes to learn the game through fantasy sport.
my draft is in 12 hours. can anybody help me pick a team/highlight a few players that i should target?
it's a 10man league.
it's not keepers.
QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
TE
FLEX
D/ST
K
then 7 bench spots

seriously, if anybody can help i would love you
it's a cash league so a little bit on the line.

thanks in advance.
Use FantasyPros.com rankings as a drafting resource.
Avoid old players.
Don't draft a QB until at least half your league has one.
Handcuff your stud RB late if an obvious backup is clear.
Don't draft a D/ST or K until the final two rounds.
Have fun!

OP
OP
cloudy

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017

It's been set this way for a while and folks have already planned around it. Really don't want to change it a week out.

OP
OP
cloudy

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
Hang in there and maybe set your auto draft preferences so you can tap out after the crucial early rounds?

Corran Horn

Oct 25, 2017
They gotta trade for someone, Duke can't handle that much work. An eagles RB or Melvin Gordon? Could be interesting.

OP
OP
cloudy

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
Ok League is full. Steven pls get payment in ASAP.

Here is my revised plan for the payouts while trying to reflect the pool increase and also rewarding the regular season stars (this will make tanking for a better playoff matchup a lot less attractive)

$500 - 1st
$400 - 2nd
$300 - 3rd
$200 - 4th

$100 - Regular Season Standings Champ
$100 - Regular Season Points Champ

Yes, someone has the potential to win $100 or $200 extra even if they don't win in the playoffs but I think the regular season has to count for something.

Thoughts on this?

Last edited:

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois

Here is my revised plan for the payouts while trying to reflect the pool increase and also rewarding the regular season stars (this will make tanking for a better playoff matchup a lot less attractive)

$500 - 1st
$400 - 2nd
$300 - 3rd
$200 - 4th

Yes, someone has the potential to win $100 or $200 extra even if they don't win in the playoffs but I think the regular season has to count for something.

Thoughts on this?
I don't mind it. Dominating all season only to be knocked out week 1 of the playoffs due to a fluke week is super annoying and that person deserves some money.

sersteven

Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia

$500 - 1st
$400 - 2nd
$300 - 3rd
$200 - 4th

Thoughts on this?

Paid up. Excited to get this going with you all.

Oct 28, 2017
California

$500 - 1st
$400 - 2nd
$300 - 3rd
$200 - 4th

Thoughts on this?

I like it it!

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia

$500 - 1st
$400 - 2nd
$300 - 3rd
$200 - 4th

Thoughts on this?

Basically reads as "first should have to steamroll the league" since 90% of the time points and standings are the same team. And the close divide between 1st and 2nd makes it way more likely to just negotiate a split ahead of time.

I would do

$600 - 1st
$350 - 2nd
$200 - 3rd
$100 - 4th, 5th, 6th
$50 - best regular season record
$50 - most points
$50 - if you got enough points to make the playoffs but didn't 🤣

Generally speaking though I think in an 8 team league with no other qualifiers, it's an achievement to make the playoffs and an achievement to win.

Anyway, I'll go with whatever but in leagues I'm in it's usually an outrage if the winner is not making around half the prize pool

OP
OP
cloudy

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
Basically reads as "first should have to steamroll the league" since 90% of the time points and standings are the same team. And the close divide between 1st and 2nd makes it way more likely to just negotiate a split ahead of time.

I would do

$600 - 1st
$350 - 2nd
$200 - 3rd
$100 - 4th, 5th, 6th
$50 - best regular season record
$50 - most points
$50 - if you got enough points to make the playoffs but didn't 🤣

Generally speaking though I think in an 8 team league with no other qualifiers, it's an achievement to make the playoffs and an achievement to win.

Anyway, I'll go with whatever but in leagues I'm in it's usually an outrage if the winner is not making around half the prize pool

Definitely good points but we've always tried to spread out the pool in this league due to the NQ mantra. I guess I could tweak it to where 1st gets $600 and adjust from there?

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Thought majority already ruled. So weird to not know a draft order beforehand.
At least this time we'll know more than 30 minutes ahead of time... which will be a nice change of pace given the importance of the draft and the financial investment we're putting in. Save the last-minute draft draws for the work leagues with no money at stake.

One other idea that could incentivize folks that fail to make the money would be to give the Top 3 teams that don't make the money each year their choice of draft slot next season (before randomizing the others). Provided they elect to return the next year.

Given that it's a 16-team format, there's going to be a lot of differential between who wants to draft where anyhow.

OP
OP
cloudy

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
Thought majority already ruled. So weird to not know a draft order beforehand.

We do know it beforehand though lol. I just hate to make a big change like that if anyone is strongly against it. Doesn't seem that way so I'll do it tomorrow morning. It's a desktop only thing which I can't do from my phone (even in the browser as opposed to the app)

OP
OP
cloudy

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
At least this time we'll know more than 30 minutes ahead of time... which will be a nice change of pace given the importance of the draft and the financial investment we're putting in. Save the last-minute draft draws for the work leagues with no money at stake.

One other idea that could incentivize folks that fail to make the money would be to give the Top 3 teams that don't make the money each year their choice of draft slot next season (before randomizing the others). Provided they elect to return the next year.

Given that it's a 16-team format, there's going to be a lot of differential between who wants to draft where anyhow.

I'd rather keep each season contained. I feel just $200 out of a $1600 pool to the best regular season player(s) is fair. We might just have to get rid of a 4th place prize and bump up the top 3. On the other hand, I don't want to have a situation where someone totally dominates the league and takes $800 or $900. If there's not much objection, I'm going to stick with my latest plan. IMO It'll keep everyone engaged the longest which is the entire point of this league.

Last edited:

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
We do know it beforehand though lol. I just hate to make a big change like that if anyone is strongly against it. Doesn't seem that way so I'll do it tomorrow morning. It's a desktop only thing which I can't do from my phone (even in the browser as opposed to the app)
30 min before doesn't really count. Can't mock in 30 min time so what's the benefit.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Definitely good points but we've always tried to spread out the pool in this league due to the NQ mantra. I guess I could tweak it to where 1st gets $600 and adjust from there?

Or do it your way, that's alright. I feel like $200 for the two regular season awards is a bit flakey since it's very likely #1 gets both, but maybe shove $50 of that back into first place

The one I think is more interesting is if you should have made the playoffs. Somebody like that every year...