• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
$500 1st
$400 2nd
$300 3rd
$100 4th

$200 to regular season champ
$100 to scoring champ

Thoughts?
Don't like more cash being at stake in the bronze medal game ($200) than the actual championship game ($100).

Don't like the 4th place finisher only getting their buy-in back (after winning Week 14) while the #1 seed gets double that (while potentially losing). You could potentially have the regular season champ get eliminated by someone in the playoffs and still get paid more than the team that eliminated them.

Those are my two immediate caveats.

OP
OP
cloudy

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
My alternative to that is a 6p
Don't like more cash being at stake in the bronze medal game ($200) than the actual championship game ($100).

Don't like the 4th place finisher only getting their buy-in back (after winning Week 14) while the #1 seed gets double that (while potentially losing). You could potentially have the regular season champ get eliminated by someone in the playoffs and still get paid more than the team that eliminated them.

Those are my two immediate caveats.

Valid points and my alternative to spreading the cash around is making it a 6-team playoff with 2 byes and restricting the share to 4 teams. How do folks feel about that?

NYR

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in, please post any league news and requests on the yahoo site as well, thanks!

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Since I'm not in your league I can ask for advice right ? Lol
Keeper league half ppr. Keep kerryon Johnson or Damien Williams or both and drop mahomes . I hate keeping qbs but how you drop mahomes now?

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Link to settings:

I think the FG scoring needs to change. My proposal:

Makes:

50+ +3
40-49 +2.5
30-39 +2
20-29 +1.5
0-19 +1
XP +0.5

Misses:

XP -3
0-19 -2.5
20-29 -2
30-29 -1.5
40-49 -1
50+ -0.5

Thoughts? If this is too controversial, we can look at it next season lol

Sorry Cloudy but I have no idea why you love to obsess over kicker scoring :laugh Just cut the position if it makes you uncomfortable. I'm not really comfortable with making the position more boom and bust when it's already a dice roll slot anyways.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I'm disappointed more folks didn't get behind the early draft slot reveal. It's so much easier to prep for a draft knowing one's draft position in advance.

More time to prep makes the draft go by quicker instead of folks taking so much time between picks, too. Figured people would be up for that given the "it's taking too long to draft, I want to get drafting for a 16-team league over with in less than an hour" complaints from past years.

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
I'm disappointed more folks didn't get behind the early draft slot reveal. It's so much easier to prep for a draft knowing one's draft position in advance.

More time to prep makes the draft go by quicker instead of folks taking so much time between picks, too. Figured people would be up for that given the "it's taking too long to draft, I want to get drafting for a 16-team league over with in less than an hour" complaints from past years.

Yeah I really don't get not wanting to know your draft position. Do people not mock draft?

The only thing that seems to have consensus is the $100 buy-in

Seems like it's 4 to 2 right now in favor of knowing draft order with one not caring either way. You would think more people would vote.

Corran Horn

Oct 25, 2017

I'm pro knowing my order early.

OP
OP
cloudy

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
Ok if there's no objections it'll new buy-in and early draft order. Also I'm gonna go ahead and drop the last unregistered team. Waitlisters are up

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
We'll split the wait-listers into two groups. First off, the folks that expressed interest after last season's thread went up...

compbros
Cyclone
Fox318
RedMercury

First one of you that's interested in joining the longest running fantasy league for this community (now in its 11th year) for $100 US buy-in and responds to this thread along with sending a PM to cloudy with your Email address will receive a league invite.

If we get no favorable responders from this first group by 9:00pm Eastern / 6:00pm Pacific tomorrow, we'll extend the same deal to the 2nd group that expressed interest this summer.

Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State
We'll split the wait-listers into two groups. First off, the folks that expressed interest after last season's thread went up...

compbros
Cyclone
Fox318
RedMercury

First one of you that's interested in joining the longest running fantasy league for this community (now in its 11th year) for $100 US buy-in and responds to this thread along with sending a PM to cloudy with your Email address will receive a league invite.

If we get no favorable responders from this first group by 9:00pm Eastern / 6:00pm Pacific tomorrow, we'll extend the same deal to the 2nd group that expressed interest this summer.

In!

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017

compbros
Cyclone
Fox318
RedMercury

Sorry Uber but I joined another league and I can't swing it this year, hopefully next year, thanks for helping coordinating all this, also cloudy as well!

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017

compbros
Cyclone
Fox318
RedMercury

Ahhhhh, missed it. DAMN YOU SLEEP.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
Damn alerts not working for me - sorry.

Paid - Spyders

And sure, I'm for knowing draft position ahead of time.

Re: flex/superflex discussion - it's just been my personal experience that the more variability you can add for drafting and management strategies the more interesting the league is, especially when it's deeper like this one. Our quarterback scoring is borderline punitive to non-running QBs anyways with 1/25, 4 per passing TD, and the silly sack penalty that I don't think QBs would totally overpower the market.

With the way the league works and the roster limitations, a bad draft slot or bad timing on runs can totally screw you with little room to adapt. That's part of drafting in a big league, but it seems like part of the concern is teams staying engaged through the season. I think roster construction and adaptability, along with tweaks to playoffs and payouts, can help with that - I have seen it work in some of my other bigger leagues. Most of this would be moot in an auction, IMO.

Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State
Damn alerts not working for me - sorry.

Paid - Spyders

And sure, I'm for knowing draft position ahead of time.

Re: flex/superflex discussion - it's just been my personal experience that the more variability you can add for drafting and management strategies the more interesting the league is, especially when it's deeper like this one. Our quarterback scoring is borderline punitive to non-running QBs anyways with 1/25, 4 per passing TD, and the silly sack penalty that I don't think QBs would totally overpower the market.

With the way the league works and the roster limitations, a bad draft slot or bad timing on runs can totally screw you with little room to adapt. That's part of drafting in a big league, but it seems like part of the concern is teams staying engaged through the season. I think roster construction and adaptability, along with tweaks to playoffs and payouts, can help with that - I have seen it work in some of my other bigger leagues. Most of this would be moot in an auction, IMO.

As a newcomer to this league, where can I find all the scoring details? Just on the Yahoo page? I've done various leagues, but some of the QB scoring, etc. is different than I've done before here.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
As a newcomer to this league, where can I find all the scoring details? Just on the Yahoo page? I've done various leagues, but some of the QB scoring, etc. is different than I've done before here.

Just click 'Settings' - it's towards the right of the league bar at the top - the one with Overview, Message Board, etc.

Or this link may work: Settings

OP
OP
cloudy

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
I hope everyone has been depositing to Fanball first to avoid the $4 fee. Sorry I didn't mention it earlier

OP
OP
cloudy

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
Still not matching up all payments to teams. If I don't have you marked as paid on the Dues page, lemme know

OP
OP
cloudy

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
Only 5 left to pay. Everyone needs to pay by Monday or pm me with a payment date. After that we have to start letting waitlisters in.

OP
OP
cloudy

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
fixed. sorry

PS: Longtime players will not be booted provided they pm me. I know you're good for it

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
TEAMS w/ LEAGUE DUES STILL OUTSTANDING

Ember Island Players (GCQ)
Knibb High Football (grang)
Mild Concussions (SaveWeyard)
NYR (NYR)

Cyclone jumped the gun on both compbros and Fox318 when we opened things up to the wait-listers on Monday. But they'll have another crack at things before anyone else if another spot opens up.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
California

NYR (NYR)
Smokin' Jays (Corran Horn)

Cyclone jumped the gun on both compbros and Fox318 when we opened things up to the wait-listers on Monday. But they'll have another crack at things before anyone else if another spot opens up.

Looks like Corran already paid

grang

Nov 13, 2017

NYR (NYR)

Sorry about that! Just got my check yesterday, will pay up today.

edit: again sorry for the delay, but I'm paid up as of 8/19 9 AM

Last edited:

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
Checked LS earlier, looks like 3 folks have yet to pay.

As far as the date I thought the initial date given was just a placeholder date until the league got settled and we could all vote on it?
Pretty much any date and time works for me as I'm on paternity leave so whatever works best for everyone. I think the waitlisters need to be notified to get his ball rolling.

OP
OP
cloudy

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
Is there really a better time than the Sunday before a public holiday for most of us? I'm not inclined to change it again unless it absolutely doesn't work for someone.

PS: You can draft from the mobile app

OP
OP
cloudy

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
Also 1 of the remaining 3 had notified me. The other 2 will be dropped on Friday if I don't get a pm