• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
I somehow won with my 3 WR scoring less than 15 points combined. Not sure if that will fly next week but good to make the money week.

SaveWeyard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
44.70 points from Amari. Holy shit. Looks like it'll be Hazelhurst vs Minx in one semi-final next week.

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
44.70 points from Amari. Holy shit. Looks like it'll be Hazelhurst vs Minx in one semi-final next week.
Pretty sure I play to winner of Mild Concussions and Business time.

Broski I think you are going to upset me in SALENT, Cohen is going to rack up points against rhe Rams. My team choked. Worse week of the year from AB. 2nd worst weeks for DJ and Ertz. Big Ben most of the 2nd half.

OP
OP
UberTag

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
As we do have playoff bracket reseeding in this league, Defending Champ Minx and Hazelhurst will square off in the semi-finals next week for a chance to play for the No Quitters title.

Still too early to call who our other semi-finalists will be.

SaveWeyard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bad time for Goff and the Rams to have their worst performance of the season. Sort of saw it coming with them facing the Bears, but didn't really have any better options.

OP
OP
UberTag

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Looks like Crazymoogle (a past league champion in his own right) and the No Quitters' rookie of the year, Deacon, will be squaring off in the other semi-final matchup next week.

OP
OP
UberTag

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Broski I think you are going to upset me in SALENT, Cohen is going to rack up points against rhe Rams. My team choked. Worse week of the year from AB. 2nd worst weeks for DJ and Ertz. Big Ben most of the 2nd half.
Game flow of that Bears-Rams game worked in your favor thankfully. I needed the Rams to control that game so they'd be kicking field goals and forcing the Bears to lean on Cohen to keep them close instead of L.A. being smothered by Chicago's defense.

You should be fine tonight unless Seattle holds the Vikings to under 14 points OR gets a defensive/special teams score.

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
The moral of the story is to do what benefits me instead of taking the high road as a league admin. If I just tanked, I'd have easily advanced.

We'll also if Cooper didn't go crazy lol

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
Game flow of that Bears-Rams game worked in your favor thankfully. I needed the Rams to control that game so they'd be kicking field goals and forcing the Bears to lean on Cohen to keep them close instead of L.A. being smothered by Chicago's defense.

You should be fine tonight unless Seattle holds the Vikings to under 14 points OR gets a defensive/special teams score.
Welp you pulled it off. Seahawks D scored the highest all year. Your not very good team beat my highest scoring team. Took almost every player on my team besides Hilton having one of their worse games of the season. Guessing I can't be too upset after defeating you in the championship in both leagues last year. Lost by .3 points to boot.

Last edited:
OP
OP
UberTag

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Welp you pulled it off. Seahawks D scored the highest all year. Your not very good team beat my highest scoring team. Took almost every player on my team besides Hilton having one of their worse games of the season. Guessing I can't be too upset after defeating you in the championship in both leagues last year.
Hey, we're not out of the woods yet. The scoring adjustment gods might still have their say on this outcome. I don't take anything for granted.

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
Evil Corp with 3 WRs in the top 20 and a starting RB that can play TE. Meanwhile I'm hoping 2 of my WRs can top 4 points. I think think I'm going to have to hope for 3rd place.

Last edited:

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
DJ, Beckham, and Hill on the Injury Report kills me.

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
MG3 out again. All the trades I made to set me up for the playoffs never came to fruition. In fact the trades ended up hrtuing me carrying dead weight. But hey Unertaga team in SLAENT beat me so anything can happen.

SaveWeyard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh I didn't realize there was a consolation bracket. Not that it matters but I would've put in Williams for Adams had I been paying attention. Oops!

Hazelhurst

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I didn't realize there was a consolation bracket. Not that it matters but I would've put in Williams for Adams had I been paying attention. Oops!
Going against a guy in another league that started Mike Williams and Damien Williams. I beat him in the finals last year. I guess he's getting his revenge. He also has Mahomes, Kelce, and Gurley.

OP
OP
UberTag

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Don't sweat it. Consolation bracket's just there for posterity more than anything.
It would actually be problematic if it was anything more than that (due to roster integrity purposes).

(Judging from the SLAENT league, I doubt the Week 14 losing teams have their rosters locked by default but that's probably something that should be looked at being done manually seeing how the consolation bracket offers no payout in our format.)

Hazelhurst

Oct 25, 2017
I think OBJ may be done for the year. He had a solid year considering the Giants offensive struggles this year. I still think him and Hopkins are the best WRs in the league.

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
Lamar Miller hurt.... For now. I was thinking the only way I stand a chance to win is if one of Evil Corps players went down early.

Edit: Miller back in. Wishful thinking.

Looks like he went back out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
UberTag

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Seems to me you're doing just fine and dandy, Minx. I entertained snapping up Robby Anderson over in SLAENT for this matchup but an already eliminated owner grabbed him. So no dice there.

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
Yeah I can't complain with that game. Went much better than expected. Hoping Sutton can do something with Ward out and Chubb can break one lose against a very tough Denver run D.

OP
OP
UberTag

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Both Deacon and Hazelhurst are behind the proverbial 8-ball in their matchups after the early games. They'll each have to overcome a significant projection deficit the rest of the way or we'll be looking at a showdown between Minx and Crazymoogle to become only the 2nd multi-time winner of this league (Minx would be the first to repeat as champion).

OP
OP
UberTag

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Looks like we've got the old standbys in the championship games this year. Minx vs. Crazymoogle in No Quitters and yours truly vs. Frankman in SLAENT (barring a monster Monday night performance from McCaffrey).

Oddly enough the only GAF/ERA fantasy league I've ever won was the 'ole no-money Shirtless League that Dutch Patriot used to run.

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
Looks like we've got the old standbys in the championship games this year. Minx vs. Crazymoogle in No Quitters and yours truly vs. Frankman in SLAENT (barring a monster Monday night performance from McCaffrey).

Oddly enough the only GAF/ERA fantasy league I've ever won was the 'ole no-money Shirtless League that Dutch Patriot used to run.
Your team making the championship in SLAENT is pretty shocking. I actually like my chances next week as moogle has some tougher matchups and I should finally have Gordon back.... Unfortunately against the Ravens D.

OP
OP
UberTag

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Your team making the championship in SLAENT is pretty shocking.
I'm just as shocked as you are by it. Especially without OBJ.

That said, the Rams performing like ass against the Wentz-less Eagles and their supposed weak-ass secondary has opened the door for an 11th hour comeback for 501Elites. This was not the game script I was expecting tonight.
I actually like my chances next week as moogle has some tougher matchups and I should finally have Gordon back.... Unfortunately against the Ravens D.
They'll probably need to lean on Gordon too now that Allen is beat up. Should be a good matchup.

Last edited:

Deacon

Oct 25, 2017
Well I was lucky to make it out of the first round and didn't think I had any chance this week. I had a small glimmer of hope when Mahomes put up sub 20 but that was quickly dashed when Hopkins put up 34. My key players just haven't done well the last couple of weeks outside of Julio. Was fun though.First year I've done anything larger than 10 team and FAAB so a lot of lessons learned.

OP
OP
UberTag

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Shaping up to be a nice, competitive championship showdown between Minx and Crazymoogle this weekend. Looking forward to seeing who manages to persevere and take home the title.

That 3rd place matchup is looking to be more of a mismatch with Deacon's squad hurting with some non-timely injuries and Hazelhurst able to benefit from being able to trot out 3 starting RBs due to Yahoo!'s silly Samuels TE-eligibility shenanigans.

Well I was lucky to make it out of the first round and didn't think I had any chance this week. I had a small glimmer of hope when Mahomes put up sub 20 but that was quickly dashed when Hopkins put up 34. My key players just haven't done well the last couple of weeks outside of Julio. Was fun though.First year I've done anything larger than 10 team and FAAB so a lot of lessons learned.
Yeah, I really enjoy the added strategy needed to persevere in a 16-team format. 10-team leagues almost seem too shallow at this point given the wealth of talent available.

You did a fine job with your first crack at a deeper league and getting some experience under your belt will definitely help you to make smarter decisions in future years.

SaveWeyard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll echo everyone else and say it was great to be in such a competitive league. Looking forward to see what happens in this final.

Edit: Oh wow, Minx decided not to start Gordon. Definitely a tough call, but the other matchups are certainly better.

Last edited:

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
I'll echo everyone else and say it was great to be in such a competitive league. Looking forward to see what happens in this final.

Edit: Oh wow, Minx decided not to start Gordon. Definitely a tough call, but the other matchups are certainly better.
It was definitely tough to sit him but it was a brutal matchup. I think I made the right call. Sitting the Ravens D, probably going to be the wrong call for Crazymoogle.

OP
OP
UberTag

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Crazymoogle's bench is presently outscoring Minx's bench by a score of 20 to 12.9.
Wait... that's not how fantasy football works? That's unfortunate.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
I'm very confident in calling it now. Back to back championships!

Yeah pretty much have to hope for a Pat Mahomes Xmas miracle, only on NBC. The Ravens sit didn't really matter as Big Ben + Brown is doing all the damage. I would be upset, but as a Steelers fan there was some satisfaction there.

OP
OP
UberTag

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Yeah, that Lindsay injury had to hurt. Hazelhurst just needed a little bit more love from the Broncos this Christmas Eve but Keenum was bound and determined to sink his chances with those turnovers.

Congrats to all of the big winners this season! And happy holidays!

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
Given my late season injuries it's hard to believe I had my highest scoring week all year in the Championship. I also went through the entire playoffs without starting anyone I had traded for which obviously had some controversy here. Another fun season, look forward to it again next year.

gimmmick

Nov 26, 2017
Man I sucked this year in reset league. Thank you Fournette , Cooks and Royce Freeman combo :(

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
Congrats to Minx, CrazyMoogle, Deacon and Hazelhurst. Also, Merry Christmas to everyone! I'm not allowed to assign winnings on LeagueSafe till tomorrow though. Everyone needs to go there and vote then. I'll update with link details after I assign winners.

PS: CrazyMoogle, I'll pay you via Paypal

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Thanks cloudy! Had a good time this year. Thankfully nothing as bad as losing the title by 3 yards in my other league...