• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
UberTag

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Looks like these matchups are locked in for next week.

MONEY WEEK MATCHUPS

(1) TD's N' Beer
(8) Spyders

(2) D. Adams Family
(7) Evil Corp

(3) Bail Kings Era
(6) Angel's Superb Team

(4) Mild Concussions
(5) Business Time

Best of luck to you all in making the money!

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
Spyders has only ever outscored me 2 out of 13 weeks (week 7 and this week). The road to back to back championships continues. Hoping MG3 can come back early to ease the AJ Green pain.

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
Another lucky win if kicker doesn't implode tonight. I still expect to be destroyed in round 1

Honestly I probably need to tank to avoid EvilCorp but I won't so as not to to change playoff outcomes for 2 teams lol

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
California
Came up short, but still had a lot of fun this season and learned a lot of valuable lessons. Definitely want to play next season.

Just need to get a couple of things off my chest though

FUCK RANDALL COBB AND FUCK AARON JONES YOU COCK BLOCKING MOTHER FUCKERS

AND JORDAN HOWARD YOU ARE FUCKING TRASH IN NAGY'S SYSTEM

OP
OP
UberTag

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I absolutely love that I face Minx in Money Week with my auto-drafted team in Frankman's league that I haven't cared a lick about all season. Rare opportunity to exact revenge for last year.

Deacon

Oct 25, 2017
Horrible output from my key players this past week. I've got no faith in my team getting getting out of the first round.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Just looked at the point differentials, wish I hadn't. If I had eked out one of those <1 point losses, I'd have slipped into that last playoff spot. Onto next year!

Hopping on the SaveWeyward bandwagon cause I think he has the most likable players on his roster

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
I absolutely love that I face Minx in Money Week with my auto-drafted team in Frankman's league that I haven't cared a lick about all season. Rare opportunity to exact revenge for last year.
It's going to be to be quite disappointing if your auto drafted team defeats mine that has been dominant most of the year. You have some juicy matchups though it could happen.

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
Crazy that Evil Corp loses Olsen but already has Samuel, who is TE eligible for some reason. The sheer luck. Yet here I am losing both my WR3s in AJ Green and Kirk after unloading my WR depth because MG3 got hurt.

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
Crazy that Evil Corp loses Olsen but already has Samuel, who is TE eligible for some reason. The sheer luck. Yet here I am losing both my WR3s in AJ Green and Kirk after unloading my WR depth because MG3 got hurt.

I really should have sat my kicker to duck him lol. On 2nd look, it wouldn't have affected any playoff berths

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
Wow. Now I lost Sanders too. 3 out of 4 WR lost before the money week. 2 of those WR being top 20. Terrible, terrible luck.

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
I sent my injury demons over to Minx now that I'm eliminated for the season.
I see that they're already paying dividends.
I hope you used up all your bad juju and I still defeat you in Frank's league. Wish I would have never traded for AJ, would have been more prepared to pick up WRs, what's left on the waiver wire is brutal. I smell a 8th seed upset.

SaveWeyard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's some terrible luck. Damn. Will make these playoffs super interesting now, though.

Looks like Josh Adams is battling two different minor injuries right now. My RBs are being decimated, and if I hadn't picked up Jeff Wilson (who I didn't even know before last week) I'd be completely screwed right now.

Deacon

Oct 25, 2017
Julio is questionable. Not that there is any doubt he plays but after last week's output that doesn't make me feel good. I benched Lewis at the last minute for Blount and right now that looks like potentially a good call but I can't shake the feeling that it's going to backfire on me.

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
The Jags D picked off Big Ben 3 times 2 weeks ago and shut down Andrew Luck last week. Now they are holding Marriotta to single digits. Too bad they forgot how to tackle Henry.

SaveWeyard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Henry was a bad play, no matter what the results were last night. Not that it matters for most, because overwhelmingly people who had him rostered did not make their league's playoffs.

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
I'm in 3 leagues and finished 1st and 2nd in two of them. One has a bye and the other doesn't. I feel the one with the bye is more rewarding to top teams lol.

In the past, there wasn't a way to do byes with 8-team playoffs but I wonder if Yahoo has it now. My best season in this league is going to end in a rd 1 blowout >_<

OP
OP
UberTag

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I'm not even sure how a bye process would ever work in an 8-team playoff format outside of going to Week 17.

And I'm sure you must have had No Quitters seasons better than this one. You finished 10th in total scoring here out of 16 teams. You finished 5th out of 14 teams in total scoring just two seasons ago.

As for this Sunday, well... I wouldn't say that match is a guaranteed blowout. You're in much better shape against Hazelhurst's Evil Corp than I was last week.

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
I mean record-wise. I think I've been much luckier with matchups this year lol. Maybe the answer would be to have one less regular season game? I don't think Yahoo has that kind of customization though...

I definitely prefer 8-team playoff to 6 but it sucks to be at the top of the league all year staring at a quick exit lol

OP
OP
UberTag

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
That's the thing with being gifted an easy schedule. The playoffs are the great normalizer for that because there are no cake matchups unless half your opponent's roster gets decimated by injuries out of happenstance the week prior.

In retrospect, I think the big regret would not have been to leverage that friendly sched into having more FAAB budget flexibility for the later weeks of the season and the fantasy playoffs.

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
All that said, I should just have sat my kicker on Monday night to dodge EvilCorp since it wouldn't have affected playoff berths lol

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
That's the thing with being gifted an easy schedule. The playoffs are the great normalizer for that because there are no cake matchups unless half your opponent's roster gets decimated by injuries out of happenstance the week prior.

In retrospect, I think the big regret would not have been to leverage that friendly sched into having more FAAB budget flexibility for the later weeks of the season and the fantasy playoffs.

Beckham out! Your luck has run out in SLAENT I think Uber. Injury bug again against me.

OP
OP
UberTag

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I've had no luck in either league this season. However, SLAENT isn't exactly one I care much about either way.

What is interesting is how that OBJ injury impacts the Evil Corp vs. Commish matchup. That's a huge break for Cloudy. Only thing that would have been better would have been OBJ being ruled out at the start of the game and/or drawing an 0-for like my two receivers did against Evil Corp last week. Hazelhurst now has time to adjust.

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
I'll still lose. My 3rd WR slot is undecided cos I might start Beckham's backup there (I don't trust the Raiders at all). Then again, I could have taken Sanders' backup in a cake matchup.

My biggest mistake might be dropping the NO defense early (don't like their matchups after this week) before confirming Trubisky was out again and letting you pick them up. Whoops! lol

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
Feels good knowing I'm not the only one starting a scrub WR no one has started all year in the most important week of the playoffs.

SaveWeyard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well I'm glad I picked up the Giants' D. Keeping me in this but still lots of players to go on both sides.

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
Looks like Giants starters are out? Would be huge if Barkley is done for the day.

Edit: Barkley out entire 4th quarter. Chubb TD!

Last edited:
OP
OP
UberTag

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
This is easily one of the tightest Money Weeks I can recall. EVERY matchup is within 10 projection points as we head into the late games. That's just crazy.