• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Good news, parents: If you let your kids wait in the car for less than 10 minutes on a cool day—doors locked and fan on—a caseworker and sheriff are actually not allowed to come to your home, threaten to take your children away, and strip search the kids.

These very basic rights were just vindicated the hard way: by a Kentucky mom in federal court. Holly Curry sued the cop and the caseworker, insisting that the day she was investigated for child abuse, the two authorities so overstepped their bounds that they should not be afforded qualified immunity. In other words, their behavior was so egregious, they had to take responsibility for it. The judge agreed.

Curry had had enough. She turned around and filed suit against the caseworker and cop, claiming violation of her constitutional rights.

They, in turn, pressed hard for immunity. But in in a powerful ruling on August 19 in Curry v. Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Human Services, Judge Justin Walker said that it was clear the government used an improper threat to enter the home, lacked any evidence that might have justified a strip search, and violated the children's rights to bodily integrity.

the authorities in Kentucky, who have been defending the warrantless entry and strip ever since the Curry's filed their lawsuit in 2018.

Act One: An "attentive and loving" mother gets muffins for her children. Act Two: There's a knock on her door and a threat by the government to take away her children. Act Three: Her children are strip searched without cause. America's founding generation may never have imagined a Cabinet for Health and Family Services. But they knew their fair share of unwelcome constables. And they added a Fourth Amendment to our Constitution to protect against this three-act tragedy.

The investigator insisted on taking the youngest child from Curry's lap and, without permission, began to undress her. In the presence of the male deputy, the investigator proceeded to undress each child, male and female, down to the genitals (removing the diapers of the two youngest). Curry tried to object, but she knew she was powerless to stop the investigator from doing full-body inspections.
The last to be undressed was her 4-year-old son, taught by his pediatrician that he should never let a stranger take his clothes off without his mom's okay. But when the boy tried to make eye contact with Curry, the investigator stood directly in his line of sight, leaving him helpless. Then the investigator pointed to the deputy and said, "Show that cop your muscles!" The little boy removed his shirt and flexed his biceps as ordered. The investigator and deputy began laughing while the investigator started to pull down his pants. When the little boy finally was able to look back at his mother, she was holding back tears. The little boy's face registered shame and fear.

reason.com

No Qualified Immunity for Kentucky Cops Who Strip-Searched a 4-Year-Old and Threatened Mom

Judge: "America's founding generation... knew their fair share of unwelcome constables."

The decision by the Judge

Last edited:

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
the investigator pointed to the deputy and said, "Show that cop your muscles!" The little boy removed his shirt and flexed his biceps as ordered. The investigator and deputy began laughing while the investigator started to pull down his pants.
What the actual fuck?!?!

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, so if you leave your kids in a car they immediately suspect sexual abuse and strip down the kids? This doesn't sound normal.

oldboss

Shinra Employee
Nov 9, 2017
I hope their lives go down the drain and they'll never feel the tiniest bit of happiness ever again.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Nope.. I would make it a point to inflict the most damage possible on any and everyone that had a part in this. Yea...

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
What in the fuck?

That sounds like straight up molestation. Put those sick fucks behind bars and then lose the key.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I can't read this type of stuff anymore. Police forces seem to attract some psychopathic individuals.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
So that's sexual molestation or something right??? That is so fuckin fucked. And they wanted to get away with it??? I'm just gonna assume they just wanted to look at some naked kids fucking sick freaks.

Sambo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Holy Fuck, strip searching a four year old. What a fked up place America is turning into, beyond words.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Wow. I would have lost my shit man.

Yeah we need to tear the entire system of policing down and start over. These people don't deserve power.

Also, if that's the picture of the people in the story, this should serve as one more in a long line of warnings to white folk, don't think because police hate black people that they like you, they don't. They only like lording their power over people.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Thank fuck the ruling went that way. I mean talk about enabling paedophile cops Jesus Christ. They already have a license to murder, they don't need that. Holy fuck America you need to get a handle on this. None of this was right or appropriate.

BobLablow

Apr 18, 2018
The overlapping SaveTheChildren cult and the police bootlickers will have no idea how to process this.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
I thought only medical workers were trained for sexual and physical abuse in children. As in, how to detect it and how to actually put the childs at ease of beeing « searched »

This is fucked up

Palantiri

Oct 25, 2017
My heart weeps at that last quoted paragraph. That the child believed that they should be the one to feel shame... As a parent of a 4 year old and a 2 year old, I don't know if I would have been able to endure such treatment.

And while I am relieved that the ruling went this way - are we to believe that this was the first time this duo acted this way? That this was just some bizzare turn of events? How many other children and families have been subjected to this or similar behaviour but felt threatened into silence?

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Just went to a dark place imagining what I'd do if someone tried this with my kid.

These mother fuckers really believe they are the good guys...

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Just went to a dark place imagining what I'd do if someone tried this with my kid.

These mother fuckers really believe they are the good guys...

Frankly there isn't much you can do in the moment when dealing with trigger happy cops but you better believe that I would move heaven and earth to ruin their lives.

Culex

Oct 29, 2017
So this means they can be personally sued into oblivion, or they still get a free ride from the union/city?

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
Is it too much to hope that this case starts a trend of stripping more of these sociopathic monsters of immunity for their despicable acts? (Don't answer that, smdh.)

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Yoooo....what am I reading...WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK AM I READING HERE!!!???

Why did this even go to court?? They should have been tried and convicted already. Man wtf...

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Holy hell!!!! No way this was right in any sense at all. The offenders should be charged, convicted, and in prison.

when we suspected physical abuse, we presented our evidence to a judge, got a court order for a physical exam, and a licensed medical professional would do the exam with a relative or guardian present.

Nothing like this should have happened. Breaks my heart for those kids and the family.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I bet these QAnon people are lying in wait to really ensure that these borderline molestation crimes are treated with due seriousness! Bet they'll be marching in defense of these victims any moment now...

Trike

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
If you read the Judge's decision it gets worse. When she refused to let them in initially and tried to reschedule when her husband was home they threatened to come back with an emergency custody order and take away all her children. When she tried to call her husband one of them sat on her phone. When they interviewed the children they found no implication physical harm and even found out from the children they don't even spank the kids. They still strip searched the kids.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, they need to be put in jail for that shit. And in general population. That's fucking gross.