• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
www.inquirer.com

No, not that Four Seasons. How Team Trump’s news conference ended up at a Northeast Philly landscaping firm.

The Trump campaign’s hastily called Saturday news conference outside a Holmesburg landscaping firm captured the public’s imagination and offered a fitting end to an at-times slapdash campaign.

What began five years ago with the made-for-TV announcement of Donald Trump's presidential ambitions from the escalator of his ritzy Manhattan high-rise, ended Saturday with his aging lawyer shouting conspiracy theories and vowing lawsuits in a Northeast Philadelphia parking lot, near a sex shop and a crematorium.

In hindsight, the hastily arranged news conference featuring Rudy Giuliani, the president's personal lawyer, just minutes after Joe Biden had been declared the victor of the 2020 race, delivered a fitting end to a campaign that had been at times characterized by its slapdash techniques.
The New York Times reported Saturday that Giuliani and Trump adviser Corey Lewandowski had always intended the news conference to take place in a section of Philadelphia where they might receive a more welcome reception than at the raucous celebrations of Biden's victory going on in Center City. It was the president, the paper reported, who had misunderstood.
As for why Four Seasons Total Landscaping? Giuliani offered no explanation Saturday and made no mention of the company or its owner, Marie Siravo, during his remarks. Tom Matkowski, GOP ward leader for the neighborhood, said the news conference hadn't been coordinated with the local Republican Party and that he didn't believe the Siravo family was active in local party politics.
The phone at Four Seasons went unanswered throughout the day, and Siravo did not return calls for comment.
Her social media posts indicate she and some of her family members were vocal, but not necessarily unshakable, Trump supporters.
"We don't need to invite him for dinner," Siravo posted in August, in response to a "Conservative Hangout" Facebook page that listed Trump's accomplishments in office. "We just need him to fix our country & all the democratic mess." She added that she had been "raised a Democrat."
In a Facebook post, the Four Seasons team described itself as a "family-owned small business run by lifelong Philadelphians" that would have "proudly hosted any presidential candidate's campaign."

"We strongly believe in America and in democracy," the message read. It promised it would have merch ready to sell by next week.
Back on State Road, by Sunday afternoon, even tourists had flocked to the company's barbed-wire gates, taking selfies with the signage and livestreaming the construction equipment and gravel parking lot.
"World's greatest landmark!" said Katheryn Wlodarcyzk, who'd driven from Wayne with her dog, Emmett, just to see the building for herself. "No place more beautiful."
R4CDSRFXNJC5HGN5UM53I7HSUE.jpg

The Four Seasons staff remained perplexed by their moment in the national spotlight. Kevin Moran, a foreman at the firm, simply shrugged when approached while opening the gate to the parking lot on Sunday. He said his boss got the call from Trump campaign staffers Saturday morning and thought they must have found the business on Google and been interested because it was a "secure location" set off from the street by a security fence.
As for the confusion with the hotel, Moran said, "everybody gets mixed up. There's multiple Four Seasons. Four Seasons Hotel, there's two Four Seasons Landscaping. We're 'Total,' the other one, I think it's just landscaping." (There's a Four Seasons Diner, off Cottman Avenue, too. They weren't involved either, the hostess there said.)

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
" But not all in the neighborhood were so bemused. The 78-year-old employee manning the counter at the Fantasy Island sex shop, who declined to give his name, said the phone had been ringing off the hook since Saturday with callers asking: "Is Rudy Giuliani there?"

This part killed me.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Has there ever been a more succinct example of their staggering incompetence?

From another article,

On Saturday morning, as Trump played golf and continued to baselessly accuse the Democrats of stealing the election for Joe Biden, the president announced, in a tweet that was subsequently deleted, a "big press conference" at the Four Seasons in Philadelphia.

Trump quickly altered his statement, revealing that the press conference venue was not a Four Seasons hotel, but Four Seasons Total Landscaping, a suburban business between a crematorium and an adult book store on the outer edges of the city.

"Big press conference today in Philadelphia at Four Seasons Total Landscaping – 11.30am!" the president tweeted at 9.45am.

The Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia distanced itself from both campaign and landscaping company.

"To clarify, President Trump's press conference will NOT be held at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia. It will be held at Four Seasons Total Landscaping – no relation with the hotel," it said in a tweet an hour later.

ronpontelle

Oct 27, 2017
Sure I read somewhere it's because Four Seasons Landscaping is laundering money for Biden and his mates.

Yeah, that won't raise eyebrows with the IRS: a gardening company turning over millions of dollars.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
THe jokes about they can go fuck themselves and die with the crematorium and sex shop had me cackling.

Oct 27, 2017
A fitting, pathetic end to a four year, hate filled con.

So fucking embarrassing for the entire country. The type of fuck up you expect from a tinpot dictator in a tiny island nation.

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
This was truly the most incredible and fitting end to this administration. I can't get over it.

Oct 30, 2017
What an insane and hilarious ending to Trump's re-election campaign.

This is the kind of stuff scriptwriters would get laughed off for being too much on a comedy ending when it supposed to be a heavy drama with real-world issues and stakes!

But well....here we are, LMAO!

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I've ever seen anyone more determined to destroy their legacy than Rudy.

He could have sat on and rode the 9/11 mayor stuff to his grave. Instead he became a roach eating creepy ghoul and low rent lackey/liability/embarrassment for even the Trump administration.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I've ever seen anyone more determined to destroy their legacy than Rudy.

He could have sat on and rode the 9/11 mayor stuff to his grave. Instead he became a roach eating creepy ghoul and low rent lackey/liability/embarrassment for even the Trump administration.
Truly. Dude went from being a national hero to a complete joke. It's wild now to reflect on how people were talking about him post 9/11.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
What an insane and hilarious ending to Trump's re-election campaign.

This is the kind of stuff scriptwriters would get laughed off for being too much on a comedy ending when it supposed to be a heavy drama with real-world issues and stakes!

But well....here we are, LMAO!

I think the Trump administration is definitely a black comedy through and through.

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Am I missing something or does this article not actually explain how this happened at all

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
And these are the people who have somehow masterminded an elaborate plan to win the election through the courts.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
www.nydailynews.com

Four Seasons Total Landscaping pleads for understanding after Giuliani press conference for Trump

A Philadelphia landscaping company is trying to dig itself out of a hole after Team Trump bizarrely held a press conference at the business last week. Four Seasons Total Landscaping, where Trump la…

A Philadelphia landscaping company is trying to dig itself out of a hole after Team Trump bizarrely held a press conference at the business last week.
Four Seasons Total Landscaping, Inc., where Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani addressed reporters on Saturday, pleaded for understanding from critics in a Sunday Facebook post.
"It saddens us that we have received such harsh judgement. Our team at Four Seasons would have proudly hosted any presidential candidate's campaign at our business," stated the landscapers, who described themselves as "a family-owned small business run by lifelong Philadelphians."
They also took the opportunity to hawk some merch.
"For those interested in purchasing shirts, our website will have a Merchandise tab uploaded by Monday Morning, just bear with us!" the business wrote.