• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017

Just going off translate. It's Game Pass, Messages from Japanese Creators, Minecraft and 1st and 3rd Party Games already announced.

EDIT: Xbox Twitter

Last edited:

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
The extent of my Japanese is now Microsoft Flight Simulator and Minecraft.

Does series x actually exist

Ravenash

Apr 16, 2020
I Just want Yakuza 3-6, judgment and if they want something impossible, persona 5.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
IF true, it would be a good idea for MS (in all regions) to clearly state it so people set their expectations accordingly.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I mean all I care about is possibly seeing Tales of Arise and Elden Ring. Otherwise, it was obviously going to be mostly a Game Pass commercial.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
They're at least going to show Minecraft running on Series X and announce the Flight Simulator port date, right?

... right? 😑😶

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
...I know they are in production, but it really feels like Sony and Microsoft would love nothing more than to delay into 2021.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Sounds good to me. I expected it would mostly be to the like of the Xbox Brand and what new titles might be coming to gamepass or getting ports.
Always expected this would be more a "Here are the things we're doing to be more relevant in Japan for consumers there", with some of it benefitting elsewhere. The recent port of Katamari Damacy coming to xbox is a good example of the stuff to expect.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Were people expecting new announcements from Xbox... at TGS?
Uh, yes?

It's a massive yearly gaming focused event and the console is coming out within mere months. It would be normal for them to talk about it at every opportunity. Not whatever they're doing now...

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds good to me. I expected it would mostly be to the like of the Xbox Brand and what new titles might be coming to gamepass or getting ports.
Always expected this would be more a "Here are the things we're doing to be more relevant in Japan for consumers there", with some of it benefitting elsewhere. The recent port of Katamari Damacy coming to xbox is a good example of the stuff to expect.

Jaw

Been meaning to ask

You think Sony got a timed/exclusivity deal on the Dino Crisis game/remake?

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
That's uhh, that's pretty weird considering they're headlining TGS? Maybe that's just me, but I expected them to come out strong with exciting new next-gen stuff with Japanese developers. Guess that's not happening. Shame.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Are PS5 and XSX coming out this year in Japan? IIRC PS4 and XB1 came out in Japan long after in the west.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Is the Series X coming out or...?

Like, Sony has been crazy quiet overall, but this is on another level. Still reeling from the Halo delay presumably.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Not surprised. Just marketing for Xbox in Japan.

No way Microsoft was gonna save big reveals for TGS lol... Actually, I'm pretty convinced they don't have any big surprises left. All the eggs were in the Halo bucket and that went south.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
Japanese game announcements for Xbox would be more impactful in the west than Japanese game announcements for Xbox in Japan.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised. Just marketing for Xbox in Japan.

No way Microsoft was gonna save big reveals for TGS lol... Actually, I'm pretty convinced they don't have any big surprises left. All the eggs were in the Halo bucket and that went south.

Well, they at the very least have The Initiative's game to still announce. Hopefully that will be sometime this year.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
I am glad they plainly said this isn't new next-gen stuff so people on forums don't hype the shit out of yet another Xbox event that then becomes an inevitable 'let down' based on said overhyping.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Why would they announce those things at an event tailored for the Japanese audience??

Is the series X releasing in Japan in 2020? If you're going to at least pretend that you're giving the old college try, a proper next gen demo reel would be nice for Japan's hardcore audience (who are the only people who buy Xboxes).

"We're not ready to show our next gen console" is a terrible look for the end of September.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Fair.

And probably also because Dino Crisis is dead. Let it go!

🏃‍♂️
HKeuSqP.gif

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
The way they literally write "X No new next-gen news ". damn.

But at least they crushed everyone's dreams now instead of making everyone watch it.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
The way they literally write "X No new next-gen news ". damn.

But at least they crushed everyone's dreams now instead of making everyone watch it.
But if there was really no new next gen news shouldn't it have a green check mark confirming it like everything else? The red x puts it in some weird double negative territory.