• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I really want to state how happy i am that Nintendo thinks this highly of Suda and his games. Given that in past TGAs we had Nintendo showing hitters like BotW or fan favorites like Bayo, it's a definitive sign of appreciation to have Suda and a game like NMH as one of your big announcements there.

Really hoping Suda can get everyone on board for a re-release of the first two games down the line.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how much of the game is going to be fighting Fu and his lackeys. We've also got Doppleganger, Kimmy, Hunter, and who knows how many other lingering threads from past games.

And that's not even getting into the possibility of Kamui making an appearance.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Who's voice-acting for Fu? Everything about that character -- looks, swag, line delivery -- is so goddamn on point.

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
This looking great made me finally order TSA. It helps that it was 50% off on Amazon.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
What's fascinating with FU is that he doesn't understand what he says. He hasn't learned the meaning of "I love you", he says it like someone says hello to another person. He never grasped the emotions that are linked to those words, so they become meaningless. FU doesn't love Damon, he's just here to fuck this planet up.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
Goddam that was an awesome trailer. Loved the aliens design. 2020 going to be wild.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Such a sick trailer. Suda is going all out on the weirdness and I love it. 2020 is going to be quite the ride.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was an incredible trailer. Really its just a mini anime film but what a great way to welcome the series back in style. I didn't play the second NMH game but is this story a brand new thing starring Travis or taking off from where the second game left off?

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
That was an incredible trailer. Really its just a mini anime film but what a great way to welcome the series back in style. I didn't play the second NMH game but is this story a brand new thing starring Travis or taking off from where the second game left off?

It's more a continuation of plot threads established in TSA I believe.

Deleted member 51982

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 14, 2019
I really want to state how happy i am that Nintendo thinks this highly of Suda and his games. Given that in past TGAs we had Nintendo showing hitters like BotW or fan favorites like Bayo, it's a definitive sign of appreciation to have Suda and a game like NMH as one of your big announcements there.

Really hoping Suda can get everyone on board for a re-release of the first two games down the line.
I feel that was fairly obvious when they asked him to be at the Switch reveal. Not to mention all the support they gave TSA. Legit felt like they were grooming NMH to be another Bayonetta.

AzVal

May 7, 2018
For all we know it could be Damon hiring or getting Travis involved, even supplying the super suit. Or just Travis being targeted by the goddamn heroes due being an assasin and getting involved by selfdefense or revenge.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
It's a direct sequel to 1, 2, and TSA. It's also set in the Kill the Past/Sudaverse. So it really helps to be familiar with not only Grasshoppers games but their history as a studio as well.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. Damon was a minor antagonist in one segment of TSA so that might set up the conflict between them and Travis but I think for the most part you'll be able to jump into this one.

Yeah, it's basically just backstory in the visual novels that you're missing out of in TSA that explains what everyone was doing.

I imagine they'll go through the important parts of that in NMH3.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
What's fascinating with FU is that he doesn't understand what he says. He hasn't learned the meaning of "I love you", he says it like someone says hello to another person. He never grasped the emotions that are linked to those words, so they become meaningless. FU doesn't love Damon, he's just here to fuck this planet up.
The non-verbal storytelling in this trailer is fantastic.

Celine

Oct 26, 2017
After watching the trailer I'm this hyped

94CfHZI.gif

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The five minute trailer is incredible. I can't wait for this to come out.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I've never played a single NMH game, but this trailer alone sold me on NMH3 lol

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For all we know it could be Damon hiring or getting Travis involved, even supplying the super suit. Or just Travis being targeted by the goddamn heroes due being an assasin and getting involved by selfdefense or revenge.
Damon wants revenge on Travis himself most likely so that'd be an odd turn.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. Damon was a minor antagonist in one segment of TSA so that might set up the conflict between them and Travis but I think for the most part you'll be able to jump into this one.
Damon wants revenge on Travis. This seems like it's all part of his plan.

Last edited:

Pajama Sam

Jul 17, 2018
SO in love with this trailer. How is it possible Suda has a full-fledged NMH game ready for 2020 when he just put out a game in 2019?? Hope it's not being rushed.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
But he seems very troubled by FU's actions, strange times...

Well, maybe he didn't expect Fu to come back with some alien henchmen that are able to wipe out something that looks like a mega-city in a single hit. Or to have Fu turn into some megalomaniacal world destroyer.

SO in love with this trailer. How is it possible Suda has a full-fledged NMH game ready for 2020 when he just put out a game in 2019?? Hope it's not being rushed.

Given TSA links directly into this, i can see Suda having nailed the storyline and everything already when he was doing TSA. So "all" that is left open is the actual development.

When Kojima is able to dish out a AAA level game in 3 years, Suda and team should be able to dish out a AA level game (with probably lacking polishing to stay true to the NMH games ^^) in about 2 years.