• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
3m-noscalesgkxq.jpg

NMH3 art

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
is this going to be like TSA and come to other platforms a while after release?
I suspect it's going to be a similar deal to TSA, Octopath Traveller and (presumably) Daemon x Machina in that Nintendo gets timed exclusivity in exchange for distribution, promotion and (presumably) localisation help.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Suda51 talks fan input, the return of Shinobu, and the assassin he wishes could return in No More Heroes 3

So when I ask him about part-time job minigames, he defers back to fans. They can return if fans want them to return, in either 8-bit form or something more along the lines of the original game. The open-world design from No More Heroes is also on the table, and given the concept art above I wouldn't mind seeing it return. But if fans would rather have an experience closer to No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle, that's what they'll get. Outside of the story Suda has in his mind, nothing is quite set in stone.

There are, however, a few confirmed details of how the game will play. Travis's beam katana and wrestling moves will play a major role in the combat of the title. The Death Glove and Death Drive from Travis Strikes Again will also be present to enhance Travis's arsenal. The mecha suit from the trailer is connected to the Death Glove and, in this game, Travis will be able to use it in the real world.

With so much of the story still unknown to even Suda himself, I ask about the return of Shinobu. Originally an enemy of Travis in No More Heroes, she returned in Desperate Struggle as a massive fangirl of the best killer in the world, becoming a playable character in the process. Shinobu appeared in Travis Strikes Again as a downloadable character, but Suda isn't committing to bringing her back in No More Heroes 3 just yet.

"If Shinobu does end up being in the game, we're going to try and get Kimberly Brooks back to do her voice work as she did in Travis Strikes Again."
I have no doubt No More Heroes 3 will see a host of new eccentric enemies to dismember, but there is one expired assassin Suda wishes he could bring back for the game.

"Captain Vladimir is a character I really like. He had a really great backstory and I loved his situation. If there was a way, I'd like to bring him back especially considering the content of the new game."

Cheppito

Oct 30, 2017
So, in an interview with GameReactor, Suda51 seemed really interested on bringing NMH 1+2 and Switch, he also talks about meeting with Marvelous at E3 to ask for it:

""if it's the sort of thing that everybody wants, who's to say that it wouldn't happen. It just happens that Marvelous is here at E3 as well and we've got a meeting with them, so I'm definitelly going to bring that up and see what I can do. Is it really something everybody wants? If it's the kind of thing everybody is looking forward to, then I'm pretty confident that we can make something happen somehow"

Also, it seems they're done with the prototype for NMH3 and now are just working on creating content for the game. About the game being exclusive: "for now, it will be Switch-only, for the moment". Are they doing the same they did with TSA: NMH?

There's more info in the full interview here:

https://www.gamereactor.es/suda51-si-quereis-no-more-heroes-1-y-2-en-switch-algo-podemos-hacer/

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
After that shot at the Darth Vader "I'm your father" stuff with Dark Star in NMH1 ... i'm somehow totally expecting a "It's true, all of it" or "We're home" scene like the ones from Force Awakens. ^^

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I've seen a couple of supposedly NMH3 concept art online but I can't find any source for them. They're not on the E3 presskit either. I wonder where did people got them ?
3l-noscale.jpg

3m-noscale.webp

Magicmilner

Alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
Are they also planning on bringing out HD remasters of the first 2 NMH games? I never played the series so would love to play the first 2 in an updated fashion on Switch

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So I've seen a couple of supposedly NMH3 concept art online but I can't find any source for them. They're not on the E3 presskit either. I wonder where did people got them ?
3l-noscale.jpg

3m-noscale.webp
I believe they're from the Destructoid article posted above. The Santa Destroy concept art looks great, pretty much how I imagined it would end up looking like after the Utopinia teases in TSA. Also I wonder whether that manor is supposed to be Sylvia's that we visited, or something else.

DashReindeer

Perfect World
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

Um. Not to be pessimistic or anything, but with so many aspects of this game undetermined, how can this possibly make a 2020 release date? I get that they probably have a combat engine in place already, but without any of the game's story or overall structure being determined, I fail to see how we will get this game earlier than 2021. These things don't just happen overnight usually.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Um. Not to be pessimistic or anything, but with so many aspects of this game undetermined, how can this possibly make a 2020 release date? I get that they probably have a combat engine in place already, but without any of the game's story or overall structure being determined, I fail to see how we will get this game earlier than 2021. These things don't just happen overnight usually.
I'm honestly expecting the game to get delayed all things considered but hey, maybe Grasshopper will surprise us.

DashReindeer

Perfect World
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'm honestly expecting the game to get delayed all things considered but hey, maybe Grasshopper will surprise us.
I just have worked on games that have been completely playable from start to finish like a year before release and they still needed every minute of dev time they got up to launch. Feels weird to me unless this game is planned to be smaller in scale than the first two.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's weird, given that Nintendo is distributing this, which probably means a simultaneous worldwide launch (as that's been extremely effective for them this generation). This, in turn, means the game has to be in a near-final state well before release to allow time for localisation.

What I'm saying is that I agree that the 2020 date seems very optimistic, I'm going to put my chips on a delay to Q2 2021.

I mean, it could wind up as the usual GHM project and have all of those things and still hit its release date: just not in the best quality that those elements may have been in the hands of another developer.

...which I fully expect is going to happen anyway, because that's how they roll.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I just have worked on games that have been completely playable from start to finish like a year before release and they still needed every minute of dev time they got up to launch. Feels weird to me unless this game is planned to be smaller in scale than the first two.
This would be almost a 2 years dev time at most if it's holiday 2020, Desperate Struggle had a similar development time.

This might be over-confidence from them but it could potentially happen. Then again, it's not going to be a beautiful game nor it is going to be the next Bayonetta too so maybe Suda knows what he is going to aim for