• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I remember hearing a while back that they had completely restarted development with Retro Studios. I was still hoping for a little......anything though. Just hoping this thing comes out this gen.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
This January. They rebooted the game this past January.

Nobody should have expected to hear about it this E3.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
they just restarted development, why would they have anything to show or talk about?

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Take their time. Not a bad thing necessarily.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
They just rebooted its development, you shouldn't expect to hear about it for a long time.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We're not going to be hearing or seeing this game before 2021, considering they just scrapped everything

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I don't expect to hear about it next E3 either. And honestly, I'm not 100% on hearing about it the E3 after that. I definitely expect it at E3 2022 though.

And I'm not joking, they just started! I would have been shocked to hear about it this year. In fact, hearing about it this early might be a mistake.

Massao

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not concerned. They just restarted development, with a different studio. Is only natural it will take a long time to see it.

And I don't mind. As long the game is good, they can take as much time as they want.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
What did you want, they announced that they were restarting development with a new studio <6 months ago. There's probably even less than what we got from the new Zelda game.

It would be a shame if that direct was the last time we heard about anything Metroid or Retro related until they start talking about MP4 again though.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
No one expected that. There would be no reason to expect or hope for that.

Any other Retro mystery project people may be concerned about

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It began development again a few months ago, they even said they will start from scratch. What were you expecting lol.
What I'm concerned about though is Retro seriously not having a single game finished in the last 5 years and seemingly had everything scrapped before Metroid came to them. I hope morale at the studio isn't low. I know my morale would be if I worked on stuff for 5 years that never saw publication.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Is this thread for real?

They literally re-booted this entire thing 5 months ago. Anyone who was realistically expecting any news on it during this E3 is a fool.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
I'd be far more troubled if they did show anything. E3 presentations cost time, money, and often misrepresent what the game will be down the line anyway. Showing something this early wouldn't do anyone any favors.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
The game's still at least 2 years off and that's assuming they are reusing assets from the cancelled project and follow an aggressive development schedule.

Oct 25, 2017
Of course not. They just explained to us what was going on to set expectations. No one should have expected info this E3.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I'm worried about Retro in general, as it is increasingly likely that they have failed at everything they tried in the past 5 years.
But not having any Metroid info during E3 is "normal" if the game was recently rebooted. What we are way overdue is info on a Retro game.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
I thought there'd be more Nintendo games overall with them only developing for one system now. That was kind of their selling point with Switch initially. It doesn't seem like that's the case? I wish that'd still make smaller games from teams that would have been making 3DS games.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
Doubt we'll see anything for another couple of years. It's very early

Status
Not open for further replies.