• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
pt 2.

I'm willing to bet it works like this.
If you load into a zone with active NPC ships your ships won't load. Your freighter is flagged as an active landing zones to NPCs so your ships won't have a potential pad to be slotted into.
If you load into a zone without active NPC ships your ships will load. Your freighter will first use pads for your ships and then reserve pads for NPCs to land on.

Something along those lines. Loading your freighter slightly away from traffic may improve the chances of your ship spawning.

Maybe.

Yeah, you have to land on a planet to use that method.

Yeah, 2 things which are very strange with the freighter and could be massively improved.

1. This whole ship thing. Why don't I just have a PC where I can see the exact list of the ships that I own, like with the frigates, than I press a button and spawn it in my "garage".

Or with a separate garage above, you have all ships there, goes into one, presses a button and then an elevator goes down to the place where you can fly off.

2. Teleport portals. I can use portals on every single space station, but I can't build my own portal in my mobile home? Like what???? That seems odd.

A Grizzly Bear

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone claim the Horizon Omega pre-order ship? For some reason my ship has two warp drives now and they both require fuel for me to jump. Really sucks.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I didn't run into any crashes during my play time on Tuesday (about 3 hours? I'll have to double check my stream to know for sure), but I did run into an issue where I entered my freighter (I'm continuing from my 176 hour save because I don't want to start from scratch yet), and then fell through the floor when the door opened to the main area. When I respawned (I fell into the abyss and died), I landed in my freighter, but the hanger was all broken. I haven't tried to trouble shoot it, so I'm worried my freighter may be borked.

I'm playing on a 4K tv with my PS4 Pro, and outside of a few hitches while flying around, performance has been solid. I'm itching to play some more, but my niece is visiting us this week, so I haven't had much time, and this coming weekend is going to be slammed as well. This is one of those times where I wished I could play it portably. I don't trust remote play at work enough to try it. But since I'm here, maybe I will...

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017
Steam started an update and i get this.

An error occurred while while updating No Man's Sky (unknown error)
Game won't launch anymore..

Borshay

Oct 27, 2017
Wisconsin
Started a new base. I found an Atlas Holographic Communication station and decided to assimilate it into my Home Base. The little dude on the ground there is me, to show you the scale. This is just the beginning. I have HUGE plans for this base. Oddly enough, the platforms on the Holo-Station are almost flush with the glass flooring I built around it.

683A292.jpg

HYnhnA7.jpg

Loving NEXT!
What kind of walls are you building with?

IMACOMPUTA

Oct 27, 2017
Third person view for your ship makes me enjoy this game SO much more.
Being able to see more while flying as well as seeing the trail my ship makes is awesome.
I feel like the first person cockpit camera is too rigid and just feels like I'm a guy flying through space, not in a ship.

This game is amazing now.

JoeBoy101

Oct 25, 2017
What do I do if I want to upgrade my mining gun/suit? I feel a little overwhelmed and really just want to play the game with character progression as the focus but I'm not sure how.

Didn't see anyone had replied. You can buy suit and multitool upgrades at two of the space station merchant stalls. Both cost nanities. Also, multitools have classes and a higher class tool can have better mining speed. Lastly, you'll want to find blueprints, or buy, for a hazmat gauntlet and an advanced mining laser. This opens up more collection choices and can be built fairly earlier on.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Earlier today I found these procedural generated "Clangers" analogues, and a little piece of childhood got more terrifying and dark.

VBClWuB.jpg

Waters

Mar 17, 2018
Is it worth getting crashed ships now? Got a distress signal for a ship, better than mine. Nice, i thought... and then i noticed it had SO many damaged slots that required a LOT of resources just to fix them. Unless i am not understanding it right, it seems pointless to get new ships this way. Anyway, i added the ship and dismantled something to get a tech module.

How do i access this ship later on?

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Did a a freighter defense mission and it gave me 2 fusion cores. What are those for? I sold them for 4.5 million units lol! Please tell me I won't need them.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Finally a survival game that has teachers the player instead of waiting for you to bumble around crazy as fuck

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
WHAT THE FUCK

built a base computer, put it down and its literally vanished before my eyes

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Is it worth getting crashed ships now? Got a distress signal for a ship, better than mine. Nice, i thought... and then i noticed it had SO many damaged slots that required a LOT of resources just to fix them. Unless i am not understanding it right, it seems pointless to get new ships this way. Anyway, i added the ship and dismantled something to get a tech module.

How do i access this ship later on?

as we discussed earlier the damaged ships have much higher value eg several million credits. If you wanted to buy it from a trader undamaged it would cost the full amount, the crashed ones are essentially "free" and then you would spend time repairing it as you go which would (depending on you and RNG) cost the equivalent amount but in resources.
At the end you would have a ship worth the full amount you could trade in for a different ship later.

Something else to bear in mind is that even with many damaged slots a crashed ship may still have more than your original ship plus higher stats therefore even damaged it would be a "better" ship. It's possible too that a broken one would have more value when trading for a new ship at a station even with broken slots.

Besides, if you're still early game a lot of those resources may seem impossibly out of reach now, but in time you may find them much more common.

If you "add" them rather than swap for your existing ship they should be on your freighter later when you get one.

If it's a good looking ship, a high level or a class you like I'd always take a broken one.

Plus the newer system to "repair" it is much better than the old system of just paying larger amounts of units to unlock each slot, makes it feel much more like a ship you grow into :)

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I jumped back in, new, and I totally forgot how annoying being attacked by pirates on your first flight into space can be.

I JUST WANT TO GO TO MY WAYPOINT MAN...I got nothing of value...and now I ran out of sodium. Though I did figure out how to easily win this fight by the end of it - BUT THEN REINFORCEMENTS ARRIVED

And calling them Reinforcements, made me think "OH GOOD, someone is coming to help me" LOOOOL

I did manage a small shack, next to a lake on a nice planet after I just fled from the pirates for 20 minutes (not being able to outrun them / or have them give up after not being able to catch you for that long is annoying)

So far, having fun, but I think once I figure out the controls more, I'm restarting in survival or PD

ninjabot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just downloaded this (PS4 Pro. Know about the hiccups but expect updates later). What starting difficulty do you all recommend? I'm an avid gamer so I trust I'm good enough to do Survival but I dunno.

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
Did a a freighter defense mission and it gave me 2 fusion cores. What are those for? I sold them for 4.5 million units lol! Please tell me I won't need them.
My general rule of thumb is if I don't know what to use them for currently, sell 'em. Esp. when you can make that kind of money.

Since you earned them in a mission, chances are good that you can earn them again the same way if you do figure out what to use them for later.

Waters

Mar 17, 2018
as we discussed earlier the damaged ships have much higher value eg several million credits. If you wanted to buy it from a trader undamaged it would cost the full amount, the crashed ones are essentially "free" and then you would spend time repairing it as you go which would (depending on you and RNG) cost the equivalent amount but in resources.
At the end you would have a ship worth the full amount you could trade in for a different ship later.

Something else to bear in mind is that even with many damaged slots a crashed ship may still have more than your original ship plus higher stats therefore even damaged it would be a "better" ship. It's possible too that a broken one would have more value when trading for a new ship at a station even with broken slots.

Besides, if you're still early game a lot of those resources may seem impossibly out of reach now, but in time you may find them much more common.

If you "add" them rather than swap for your existing ship they should be on your freighter later when you get one.

If it's a good looking ship, a high level or a class you like I'd always take a broken one.

Plus the newer system to "repair" it is much better than the old system of just paying larger amounts of units to unlock each slot, makes it feel much more like a ship you grow into :)

Oh nice, thanks for the answers. So the ship will appear later on a Freighter even if i just left it on a planet ages ago?

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Oh nice, thanks for the answers. So the ship will appear later on a Freighter even if i just left it on a planet ages ago?

Provided you chose the first(?) option which is "add to list" or something like that, seeing the ships on the freighters seems a little hit and miss at the moment but I found one I'd added in that way and left on the planets surface when I boarded my freighter last night

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So my first time playing was last night. I spawned on a planet with hostile weather and a drone shooting at me and killed me during the intro. I restarted and got a better, less hostile planet.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I built a base next to a downed ship and re-paired it! I went back to the base and another ship respawned there! Did I just discover an exploit?

ninjabot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Died twice already... it's my fault though cause I was focused on fighting those drones rather than reading the prompts on the screen.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Ist there a list or tutorial on how to order my ship and weapon technologies and how do I know which one gives which a bonus?

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
So, I found Lip-Elder Sprouts in a large ancient chest. It's extremely valuable, so I'm torn on whether I should save it or sell it.
tumblr_pchhmgI0Ol1rp5coao5_1280.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.