• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
Also, when a game like this launches, and given the amount of players that play NMS, the community will clock in a total amount of hours during the first hour alone that will probably dwarf the time they had for QA testing.
Right, even larger studios could never afford the kind of pre-release QA feedback you can get in the days immediately following an at least modestly successful game release. There's just no substitute.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
So problem fixes, more accidentally but well, at least fixed.

The problem was that my ship with that I tried to fly off, spawned into my other ship that was still broken and disappeared. So I tried to start multiplayer, search the stuff together for the repair and go back and try if that flies correctly then but now where I loaded my sp save I spawned back at my home planet and after flying into my frighter again, the second ship is still missing again. Urgh.... At least I can continue now I guess.

Edit:

After another restart it appeared on my frighter and now I have both, yes!!!

So if you have a broken ship that you own and left somewhere, don't save with your ship on the frighter standing on the left line all the way in the back cause that's where the broken ship gets teleported to.
Great to hear that you fixed it, and thanks for explaining the solution! I don't think you'll be the only one going into that trap

BouncyFrag

Oct 27, 2017
My feels when I shot some eggs not knowing what would happen for the first time:
tenor.gif

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
As someone with an old save, how do I get access to the blueprint terminal to build on my base?

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
I had a few weird sound bugs and hilariuosly my ships windscreen hatch kept popping up and down while in 1st person. There a few QoL fixes I want. 1 crash.

The thing is, I could see what they did. It's amazing. Somehow everything looks way better. There's so much more to do and the experience is just richer at every turn. This is NMS2. For me the bugs are annoying but can't detract from the impressive accomplishment. Just as with launch I expect the bugs will get quashed shortly. OG PS4 here. Also I remember this is a very small team, and their game is now easily had for under $30.

yeah it is so very impressive...my game crashes every 2 minutes and i can´t even leave the second planet i am on...

sorry but i can just shake my head to comments like that, the game is fucking broken at points: people can´t load their saves from yesterday, people have their OG saves altered with obsolete tech and ships getting changed. people can´t even play for 5 minutes without crashing and there are people talking about an "impressive accomplishment"?

it might not affect you to the point that the game is unplayable, others ARE affected to the point that it is unplayable. I don´t care if it is a small team, a big team or a tag team of 2 people, just make sure that your game at least runs without constant crashes! i can´t even comment in which ways the experience is altered because i am stuck at the base building point where my game crashes all the time...

i have never ever, even in my WoW times over ten years ago(!) experienced a game where a part of the community straight up denies problems others are having, relativizing every thing others are experiencing and babbling about "great experiences" when others can´t even play the game! it is tiring and helps nobody to go up in straight denial about problems the game is having. and boy, this game does have some massive problems at the moment. it is wildly inconsistent in it´s performance and straight up broken for a part of the community.

a community is about sticking together and not blaming others for having problems/being straight up annoyed because the game just doesn´t run. read through the "Bug Megathread" on Reddit, 2,5k people are posting about bugs, glitches, crashes and there are people in straight denial over those problems? it´s completely offputting at this point...

"but this... but that..." just stop it and trust the people with what they are saying, there are massive issues with the game and this update should have never rolled out in this state.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
Where do you buy the top tier scanners from? I'm in a wealthy system. You get them from vendors on the space station?

TyrantII

Oct 25, 2017
Boston
When you get to the center

And go to another universe, do you keep all your stuff / credits? Whats the best universe for intresting stuff?

Also, you no longer can see who discovered what in the galaxy map?

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Apologies if this has been posted but I think this just sold me on the game.

Jambi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Started a new base. I found an Atlas Holographic Communication station and decided to assimilate it into my Home Base. The little dude on the ground there is me, to show you the scale. This is just the beginning. I have HUGE plans for this base. Oddly enough, the platforms on the Holo-Station are almost flush with the glass flooring I built around it.

Loving NEXT!
How'd you get the blueprints for this stuff? Is it just through the bp researcher or are you playing creative?

Mindlog

Oct 25, 2017
I have a freighter, where do I get frigate?
Don't know if you ever got an answer, but just in case. Recruitable frigates will have a green icon. Just fly close to them and they will hail you. Bring up your communicator to reply.

My Freighter:
I had to save up millions to get my first one.
It's old.
The cargo capacity is way too small.
Has no tech.
Its width is unwieldy and limits zones of fire.

I wish I could spend 300m to upgrade it with more slots and such.My freighter is pretty crappy, but I've grown so attached to the thing. At least three people have randomly died attacking while I was inside handling fleet business.

Oh yeah, my freighter has a good half dozen quality combat frigates.

Found a good half-decent system to set some roots in while I hunt for tech and continue to maintain/build up my fleet. This update is great.

GamingRobioto

May 18, 2018
Exeter, UK
I'm finding the performance on my PS4 Pro @1080p almost unplayable, it's terrible, framerate constantly tanking :(

I thought it was supposed to be 60FPS @1080p?

How's the PC performance? Tempted to buy it for that now it's half price. (4790k, 16BG DDR3, GTX980ti, SSD - 1440p G-Sync 144hz monitor)

Deleted member 1185

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm finding the performance on my PS4 Pro @1080p almost unplayable, it's terrible, framerate constantly tanking :(

I thought it was supposed to be 60FPS @1080p?

How's the PC performance? Tempted to buy it for that now it's half price. (4790k, 16BG DDR3, GTX980ti, SSD - 1440p G-Sync 144hz monitor)

Im getting a mostly stable 60 at 1080p/medium with an i5-4460 and GTX 980.

You should be fine

Ganryu

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, How the multiplayer works on sharing buildings...
Like, I enter in my friend game. We build a base together.
After, Am I able to go back to his game/planet alone and continue to build ?

Thanks

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
So, if you have the patience bear with them a little longer, it should get noticeably better in a few days.

If you don't, that's perfectly understandable.
My patience ran out the moment they fuck with my ships. In my 370 hours of lonely space travels there was someone there always with me, my ship. And now they fucked it up changing its design. Its only diferent wings, but its some ugly diferent wings. I also had 4 exotic ship one of them was gorgeous. They all look the same model now, i have 4 same looking ugly exotics. Why the need to remake everething? I understand the need to wipe out the bases as the biomes get new regenerations, but the ships and previous upgrades dont make any sence to make everething obsolete. All my hard work of upgrading everething whent down the drain and now they expect me to repeat the tedious hours of grinding and fing the blueprints all over again? HELL NO!!

They could have added new materials, and better upgrades without changing everething up. If u want to make a NMS 2 just make it and sell it. But dont fuck up hundreds of hours to guys like me that is playing the game since launch. They already wiped a good chunk of progress in the last update and now they did the same but even worst making everething obsolete, and expecting me to go to square 1 just with a ritch bank account.

As good as this update looks in theory, i would rather roll back to the old patch and stay there even if meant to play offline. But i cant even do that. I always defended Hello Games, and i aplaud they dedication to the game with all the free updates. But u dont fuck up the progress of ppl that is playing ur game for 2 years. This patch killed the game for me.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I thought this was confirmed to not be in. So you can run into random players not in your game? Could you see changes they made to the surroundings or anything?

Yes to both.

I was playing by myself Tuesday, and was in a space station running around exploring and customizing my character when I saw another player running in the background of my customization menu. XD

I didn't know the player at all, and so we started chatting, then we hopped down to another planet and started exploring and he built a shelter, then eventually peaced out. It was really cool.

Later he sent me a friend request. Lol

Mindlog

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea how the ship loading works now. I have six ships. Sometimes they're all in my hangar when I load, but usually not. Real pain in the ass. I hope the solution becomes to reserve 1 landing pad for your ships so that you can call up whichever one you need at any time.

My workaround right now is to land on a planet and recall the ship I need. Doesn't matter if you leave a ship behind you can recall it at any time and it will also randomly show up in your freighter when the game loads them.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got a 1.3gb update on Steam for the game. Anyone know what it does?

Probably going to start this later today when I have some free time.

Drexion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A couple of the big streamers on twitch are streaming this right now for anyone who wants to see what the update is like.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
at least something. but i have to say: why this way? they could have ironed out many of this stuff BEFORE rolling the update out. many things are completely broken. it just seems like they haven´t playtested this update at all, rolled it out anyways and waited for user feedback to provide bugfixes...that´s really not how you do an update at all.

for many people on PS4/Pro the game is literally unplayable and crashes every 2 minutes. and there are enough annoying bugs that can occur in every situation. it just gives a bad look, regardless if you are an returning player or stuck with the game through the last 2 years. sad to say it but this update wasn´t ready for primetime and it shows!

At least something? Those patch notes list a ton of fixes, especially for crashes people are having. And the game has only been out two days. What else do you want them to do? I doubt they're getting much sleep; they're a tiny team of 25 people who made this insanely big game and doing the best they can.

I'm certainly not defending the state of the game; I think people who have stuck with the game are just used to bugginess when a new update drops. HG always get it sorted within a few minor updates. This one is especially buggy because it's especially big. I'd also say, from the obvious problems like the audio distortion, they probably ran out of time. They had a hard launch date for the Xbox launch they couldn't easily change, so they were probably working on the day 1 patch right up until day 1.

I'm not asking you to hand wave away problems, but cut them a little slack man. The bugs are frustrating for sure, but it'll get worked out soon.

I swear I didn't push them off the cliff, I was just flying over to see them and I watched the fall from my ship.

I'd be a bit more suspicious if it were a volcano.

Oct 26, 2017
Ah, right. I forgot that I can have multiple ships.

Yeah, it looks like a pretty good ship for doing business, but it's heavily damaged and it seems like busy work to me. I'm planning to trade it with this one, looks cool with decent cargo.

I have one of those haulers and I've never found one with more slots. That does look like a lot of repairs though!

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017

It's a bug I think.

I'm missing my "squid" ship from the last update and my current ship, which used to be an Exotic S-class, is now just a boring Hauler.

There are numerous bugs they're working on - just have to be patient. I still can't build a Fleet Command room in my Freighter on Creative mode :(

So, I'm just base-building and doing the other quests in the meantime. We've been through this before with NMS and HG. It's just one of those things. Sucks, but it's worth it IMO.

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
Any good Xbox One X vs PS4 Pro comparisons out there? I googled but I didn't see much in the way of XBox release coverage.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
These should be the patch notes for the latest steam update
https://steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/0/1762481957312174590/
Latest changes on Experimental (26/07):

• Fixed an issue where players who saved after partially repairing some items of technology would be unable to load that savegame. Please note that if the game has not been resaved, then progress has not been lost and will be recovered.

• Fixed a crash caused by memory corruption
  • Fixed a crash in the animation system
  • Fixed a crash when saving on a freighter
  • Fixed a crash when fleet expeditions end without their capital ship present
  • Fixed a number of memory leaks
  • Fixed an issue where warping in multiplayer could cause players to spawn on a planet rather than in space
  • Fixed an issue where freighter bases would be in the wrong position
  • Fixed an issue where the build menu could crash if there was nothing available to build

• Fixed an issue where players would be unable to warp during the antimatter stage of the tutorial
  • Fixed an issue where the mission destination would be incorrectly reported as in another system at the Hermetic Seal phase of the tutorial
  • Fixed an issue where upgrade modules installed in the main Exosuit inventory would not be saved correctly.

• Fixed an issue where portable refiners placed near each other would share inventories
  • Fixed an issue where the cockpit of some ships would continually open and close
  • Fixed an issue where new controls were missing from the controls page

This is an addition to the fixes already deployed to the Experimental branch 25/07:
  • Fixed a crash in creature routines
  • Fixed a crash when multiple players put ammunition into a refiner
  • Fix for occasional crash when receiving mission rewards
  • Fix for crash when adjusting anisotropic filtering settings in the graphics options menu
  • Fix for potential crash in geometry streaming
  • Improvements to texture caching for AMD GPUs
  • Fixed an issue where some players still had physical nanites in their inventory that could not be spent at vendors
  • Granted players nanites when they dismantle their Obsolete Technology - spend nanites on new upgrades in Space Stations
  • Added a tutorial mission to guide players through the restoration of their old base
  • Fixed an issue where players were unable to build Frigate Terminals in Creative Mode
  • Fixed an issue where S-Class ships changed appearance
  • Fixed an issue where players were unable to build the Base Cache on their freighter to retrieve compensation for the loss of their freighter base

• Fixed an issue where some Exosuit technology was not converted to Obsolete Technology. Please note this does not apply retroactively to save games that have already been upgraded.
  • Improved the mapping of old substances to new substances during the save upgrade. Please note this does not apply retroactively to save games that have already been upgraded.

Mindlog

Oct 25, 2017
pt 2.

I'm willing to bet it works like this.
If you load into a zone with active NPC ships your ships won't load. Your freighter is flagged as an active landing zones to NPCs so your ships won't have a potential pad to be slotted into.
If you load into a zone without active NPC ships your ships will load. Your freighter will first use pads for your ships and then reserve pads for NPCs to land on.

Something along those lines. Loading your freighter slightly away from traffic may improve the chances of your ship spawning.

Maybe.
Nope, summoning doesn't work on the frighter.
Yeah, you have to land on a planet to use that method.

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So I think they've added the one thing this game has been painfully missing since launch. They added the Emergent Gameplay. I'm playing on a 150hr Survival save file with most things completed, and now there's so much interest in nebulous things to aimlessly do, the gameplay loop has become wildly diverse for me. This is what was so addictive about Minecraft for me. The mechanics are there with such an aimless objective, and you can create your own aims.

Also, I will NEVER allow somebody to tell me that the co-op experience in this game isn't near perfect already. I've had my viewers joining my survival game during my live streams and everything from helping the new players to the mode, sharing resources, joint builds, etc, is just too good

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Its one more bug. Yes ur ships should be inside the freighter ready to fly. But they will only appear there if u quit the game inside the freigter and reload the game. If u respawn inside the freighter ur ships will be there. Only other way is to summer the ship u want, but u need to be on a planet to do that. Welcome to the NEXT wave of bugs.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know if you ever got an answer, but just in case. Recruitable frigates will have a green icon. Just fly close to them and they will hail you. Bring up your communicator to reply.

My Freighter:
I had to save up millions to get my first one.
It's old.
The cargo capacity is way too small.
Has no tech.
Its width is unwieldy and limits zones of fire.

I wish I could spend 300m to upgrade it with more slots and such.My freighter is pretty crappy, but I've grown so attached to the thing. At least three people have randomly died attacking while I was inside handling fleet business.

Oh yeah, my freighter has a good half dozen quality combat frigates.

Found a good half-decent system to set some roots in while I hunt for tech and continue to maintain/build up my fleet. This update is great.

Thanks! No one answered me before.

A new addition to my home planets:
42937048484_98e4b8eca3_o.png

Found a downed ship and almost died by walking off the MASSIVE cliff:

43653196241_3726acc4c8_b.jpg

That's actually amazing.

Plumpman

Jan 24, 2018
Hey, How the multiplayer works on sharing buildings...
Like, I enter in my friend game. We build a base together.
After, Am I able to go back to his game/planet alone and continue to build ?

Thanks

I tested this last night.

No, you will not be able to edit the base when solo.
Whoever initially made the base is the owner. If you are in the owners party, you can edit their bases.
Once the owner logs off, the base becomes inactive and you are treated as a guest.

EDIT: I hope they add features to permanently invite friends to co-own bases.

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
My patience ran out the moment they fuck with my ships. In my 370 hours of lonely space travels there was someone there always with me, my ship. And now they fucked it up changing its design. Its only diferent wings, but its some ugly diferent wings. I also had 4 exotic ship one of them was gorgeous. They all look the same model now, i have 4 same looking ugly exotics. Why the need to remake everething? I understand the need to wipe out the bases as the biomes get new regenerations, but the ships and previous upgrades dont make any sence to make everething obsolete. All my hard work of upgrading everething whent down the drain and now they expect me to repeat the tedious hours of grinding and fing the blueprints all over again? HELL NO!!

They could have added new materials, and better upgrades without changing everething up. If u want to make a NMS 2 just make it and sell it. But dont fuck up hundreds of hours to guys like me that is playing the game since launch. They already wiped a good chunk of progress in the last update and now they did the same but even worst making everething obsolete, and expecting me to go to square 1 just with a ritch bank account.

As good as this update looks in theory, i would rather roll back to the old patch and stay there even if meant to play offline. But i cant even do that. I always defended Hello Games, and i aplaud they dedication to the game with all the free updates. But u dont fuck up the progress of ppl that is playing ur game for 2 years. This patch killed the game for me.
Your gripe has less to do with bugs and more to do with their deployment strategy. I'm not going to second guess them on why they had to make so many changes to the content in existing saves. Some of it I can understand based on what we've seen of the new game so far, and some of it I can't yet account for. I do think they probably should have just made a clearer break from the earlier 1.x releases and just called this NMS 2. Then leave existing players to decide if they want to upgrade or not.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
yeah it is so very impressive...my game crashes every 2 minutes and i can´t even leave the second planet i am on...

sorry but i can just shake my head to comments like that, the game is fucking broken at points: people can´t load their saves from yesterday, people have their OG saves altered with obsolete tech and ships getting changed. people can´t even play for 5 minutes without crashing and there are people talking about an "impressive accomplishment"?

it might not affect you to the point that the game is unplayable, others ARE affected to the point that it is unplayable. I don´t care if it is a small team, a big team or a tag team of 2 people, just make sure that your game at least runs without constant crashes! i can´t even comment in which ways the experience is altered because i am stuck at the base building point where my game crashes all the time...

i have never ever, even in my WoW times over ten years ago(!) experienced a game where a part of the community straight up denies problems others are having, relativizing every thing others are experiencing and babbling about "great experiences" when others can´t even play the game! it is tiring and helps nobody to go up in straight denial about problems the game is having. and boy, this game does have some massive problems at the moment. it is wildly inconsistent in it´s performance and straight up broken for a part of the community.

a community is about sticking together and not blaming others for having problems/being straight up annoyed because the game just doesn´t run. read through the "Bug Megathread" on Reddit, 2,5k people are posting about bugs, glitches, crashes and there are people in straight denial over those problems? it´s completely offputting at this point...

"but this... but that..." just stop it and trust the people with what they are saying, there are massive issues with the game and this update should have never rolled out in this state.
Nobody is denying it's a buggy experience right now. But for a lot of people they are forgiving those bugs for the moment because they basically delivered the major features that were expected at launch. There are some great moments to be had here. Steam reviews are mostly positive right now. The glass is 10% empty. We all know it. But most are focusing on the glass being 90% full. Sorry for you if it's totally broken though seriously.

Ganryu

Oct 25, 2017
I tested this last night.

No, you will not be able to edit the base when solo.
Whoever initially made the base is the owner. If you are in the owners party, you can edit their bases.
Once the owner logs off, the base becomes inactive and you are treated as a guest.

EDIT: I hope they add features to permanently invite friends to co-own bases.

wow, thats sux! :(

Deleted member 6645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nobody is denying it's a buggy experience right now. But for a lot of people they are forgiving those bugs for the moment because they basically delivered the major features that were expected at launch. There are some great moments to be had here. Steam reviews are mostly positive right now. The glass is 10% empty. We all know it. But most are focusing on the glass being 90% full. Sorry for you if it's totally broken though seriously.
That and given HG's track record, they do a good job getting rid of the major bugs relatively quickly. Also, the scale of a game like this is bound to be janky at least to some extent, so I kind of have that expectation going in. I get that it could be a deal breaker for some, though.

You can boost up pretty high on some planets.

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Version 1.51 is available on PC now, and in cert for consoles

https://www.nomanssky.com/2018/07/next-patch-1-51/

Hello everyone,

First of all thanks so much to everyone who has already spent time playing NEXT and letting us know about any issues you've experienced (and a special thanks to those on PC who have opted in to the Experimental branches to help us verify fixes early). It's overwhelming to watch thousands of players begin or continue their journey across the universe.

We have now released update 1.51 to PC, which includes the fixes detailed below. We'll be rolling out these fixes to other platforms as soon as possible.

Bug fixes

• Fixed an issue where players who saved after partially repairing some items of technology would be unable to load that savegame. Please note that if the game has not been resaved, then progress has not been lost and will be recovered.
  • Fixed a crash caused by memory corruption
  • Fixed a crash in the animation system
  • Fixed a crash when saving on a freighter
  • Fixed a crash when fleet expeditions end without their capital ship present
  • Fixed a number of memory leaks
  • Fixed an issue where warping in multiplayer could cause players to spawn on a planet rather than in space
  • Fixed an issue where freighter bases would be in the wrong position
  • Fixed an issue where the build menu could crash if there was nothing available to build
  • Fixed an issue where players would be unable to warp during the antimatter stage of the tutorial
  • Fixed an issue where the mission destination would be incorrectly reported as in another system at the Hermetic Seal phase of the tutorial
  • Fixed an issue where upgrade modules installed in the main Exosuit inventory would not be saved correctly.
  • Fixed an issue where portable refiners placed near each other would share inventories
  • Fixed an issue where the cockpit of some ships would continually open and close
  • Fixed an issue where new controls were missing from the controls page
  • Fixed a crash in creature routines
  • Fixed a crash when multiple players put ammunition into a refiner
  • Fix for occasional crash when receiving mission rewards
  • Fix for crash when adjusting anisotropic filtering settings in the graphics options menu
  • Fix for potential crash in geometry streaming
  • Improvements to texture caching for AMD GPUs
  • Fixed an issue where some players still had physical nanites in their inventory that could not be spent at vendors
  • Granted players nanites when they dismantle their Obsolete Technology – spend nanites on new upgrades in Space Stations
  • Added a tutorial mission to guide players through the restoration of their old base
  • Fixed an issue where players were unable to build Frigate Terminals in Creative Mode
  • Fixed an issue where S-Class ships changed appearance
  • Fixed an issue where players were unable to build the Base Cache on their freighter to retrieve compensation for the loss of their freighter base
  • Fixed an issue where some Exosuit technology was not converted to Obsolete Technology. Please note this does not apply retroactively to save games that have already been upgraded.
  • Improved the mapping of old substances to new substances during the save upgrade. Please note this does not apply retroactively to save games that have already been upgraded.
If you experience any issues, let us know by submitting a bug report.

Thank you,

Hello Games

Oct 25, 2017
They need to add another lobby for private only. Yesterday, someone else has joined in my party and that dude was so persistent he tried to interrupt our production (ie. creating materials from the refiner) from using it. At least it has an optional to kick him out, so we did.

Status
Not open for further replies.