• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
With all the save problems I'm really surprised that they haven't just said that everyone needed to start over. Would've pissed way less people off.

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks guys. I'll skip for now and maybe try when it's on an epic sale. I didn't like that there felt there was any point of doing anything. Nothing yielded any good rewards I felt like it was all just pointless with no "carrot on a stick" . Willing to give it a second shot though! But I'll wait based on replies to my post thanks all.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly I'm a little bummed to say lightly at how much shit like tech and stuff is useless now. This and all those new elements... it seems like an unnecesary change that just over-complicate stuff for people that wants to continue their save.

Juj

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
well it's a fun game. dunno what i expected, theres definetly been some improvements since i last played and a lot of additions. but it's the same grind game. i dont think its for me tbh.

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Thanks guys. I'll skip for now and maybe try when it's on an epic sale. I didn't like that there felt there was any point of doing anything. Nothing yielded any good rewards I felt like it was all just pointless with no "carrot on a stick" . Willing to give it a second shot though! But I'll wait based on replies to my post thanks all.
All good homie, definitely wait until it's something you feel could be worth a punt and if you have any Q's between now and then just give me a shout.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I'm struggling to decide if I'm going to start on Normal or Survival when I'm able to start playing this again. Only put time in on the initial release before I had to sell the PS4...

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
JoqkX9n

JoqkX9n

https://imgur.com/JoqkX9n

That's the second planet I landed on. That mesa is gigantic. I also could see it on the approach to the planet which was awesome.

Edit: Image won't embed for some reason.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017

I guess I'm not sure what your metric for good rewards is, but they got rid of many of the tech crafting blueprints and replaced it with a Diablo-style procedurally generated loot system. That seems like it'll be addictive for some people, in terms of searching for the perfect gear.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Playing on PC with DS4 controller.

I'm having an issue with my controls right now. Using RT while flying shoots my weapons as well as accelerates. I checked controller settings in Steam as well as in game, can't find anything where RT is mapped to fire. Never had this problem before this patch, played last night with no issues. Anyone else?

Oct 26, 2017
Yup this is the equivalent of clearing shadercaches on PC, which is a 100% necessary step when upgrading versions if they do not clear the cache. I don't know why they don't do it automatically.

I haven't tried it, but it from the stream I watched it looked like the new buildable area is up the stairs to the right and left of the freighter bridge in a new area that did not used to exist.

I've sorted it now on freighter. I had to build a base computer on a planet first. Now I've built my fleet room and tried doing an excursion but uhh it wants tonnes of fuel and idk.

Still sad about my base. Could have really packed that away.

Also there's some random in my system discovering things :c

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
I'm struggling to decide if I'm going to start on Normal or Survival when I'm able to start playing this again. Only put time in on the initial release before I had to sell the PS4...

Survival is pretty harsh, things also cost more so it's a bit more "grindy" on top of being more hostile. If that's what you're looking for, go for it. If you're looking for a relaxing exploration game with a side of danger and a lot of progression possibilities, go Normal.

shiftplusone

Oct 25, 2017
ok so if my wife and I both start a new save, how do we get to playing together? One of us gets off our home planet and goes to the other one? How can I find her? is there parties or anything?

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
That's awesome. I found a planet like that on my first playthrough, it's a quick way to become a millionaire.
Speaking of becoming a millionaire...

Is Salvaged Technology rare? Because one of the planets in my starter system has them buried all over the place. Literally every 500 yards (or whatever measurement the game uses). I just looked in my inventory to see what they were worth and my stack of 10 has a value of 500k. Stacks can go up to 15. Can I sell these? Because that just seems... too good to be true.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Survival is pretty harsh, things also cost more so it's a bit more "grindy" on top of being more hostile. If that's what you're looking for, go for it. If you're looking for a relaxing exploration game with a side of danger and a lot of progression possibilities, go Normal.
Thanks for the advice, is it significantly more grindy in Survival? I like the idea of a challenge, as Normal when I played at launch was almost too easy.

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017
My first NEXT planet is a paradise world with those Vortex Cubes in caves. There's also "metal fingers" of gold and uranium which are 100-200 units each.

Oh, and for some weird reason there's also superheated rain. Not very paradisical to me but what do I know.

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Sorry, didn't mention that I already redeemed the content and it said I need to visit something to change the exosuit. Will try to redeem it again, maybe it resets after I quit the game and reload..
I redeemed it and when I went to the appearance editor at the space station it was there under helmets!

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Flying over a planet at night looks terrible on base PS4. It's like there's a YouTube video buffering the cloudy sky in at 240p.

TheWordyGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Trolling + Derailing an Official Topic
Whew, quick look at your history and this seems to be your thing:

..and so on and so forth. Get out of here with this "I'm a victim" crap. Like I said, move on, you're not adding anything new and are simply hopping into every NMS thread to add the same stale take.

Hi, Kyuuji,

So you're quoting me from literally just two posts. Weird that you're attempting to paint me as some kind of frantically obsessed person out to bring down the creator's of No Man's Sky.
I mean... lol... I made one small comment in this thread... and, yes, it was done in a nice way, without vitriol.

But since you brought up my posting history, which is diverse, and covers many different games, I have to bring up your posting history.

You have ten pages of posts to your name, 99% of which are all about 'No Man's Sky'.

I have a suggestion: I think you need to step away from this and get some perspective. Like I said earlier, it's great that the developer is fixing their game. That's wonderful. But they shouldn't have hyped their game the way they did. That was wrong.

I'm sorry if that bothers you, but that's a very valid criticism. In the future I think you should just allow people to voice their opinions instead of telling them to 'move on'. Rarely does being dictatorial like that ever produce a good result.

And, yeah, I think you're stirring up your own pot by trying to shape and control the discussion about a game that you're clearly very attached to.

I'm sorry, but not everyone is going to agree with you that No Man's Sky is a great game, or that its developers are without fault.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Hi, Kyuuji,

So you're quoting me from literally just two posts. Weird that you're attempting to paint me as some kind of frantically obsessed person out to bring down the creator's of No Man's Sky.
I mean... lol... I made one small comment in this thread... and, yes, it was done in a nice way, without vitriol.

But since you brought up my posting history, which is diverse, and covers many different games, I have to bring up your posting history.

You have ten pages of posts to your name, 99% of which are all about 'No Man's Sky'.

I have a suggestion: I think you need to step away from this and get some perspective. Like I said earlier, it's great that the developer is fixing their game. That's wonderful. But they shouldn't have hyped their game the way they did. That was wrong.

I'm sorry if that bothers you, but that's a very valid criticism. In the future I think you should just allow people to voice their opinions instead of telling them to 'move on'. Rarely does being dictatorial like that ever produce a good result.

And, yeah, I think you're stirring up your own pot by trying to shape and control the discussion about a game that you're clearly very attached to.

I'm sorry, but not everyone is going to agree with you that No Man's Sky is a great game, or that its developers are without fault.
Seriously, stop this crap. If you're just in here to bash on the game first, and the players who enjoy it afterwards, you're going to run into problems real fast. The game isn't for you. That's fine. You don't need to be in here then.

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
should have clarified for steam. Is this how it works there too?
Also i'm at work so I was asking for future reference, haven't been able to try it yet or look at the menu or anything. Thanks for the (possible) answer though!
I'm not 100% sure as there might be some Steam interface method of doing it too, but this is in the options for the game so it might be there on the PC version too?

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Hi, Kyuuji,

giphy.gif

bshock

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Not sure survival mode is for me. I'm literally at a point where I can't exit my ship or cave for more than 30 seconds without dying.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have a guide on how to get a free freighter? Many say saving one from pirates but does that happen in any system or specific ones? Cause I'm in a red star system.

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Not sure survival mode is for me. I'm literally at a point where I can't exit my ship or cave for more than 30 seconds without dying.
Come chill out on normal! For me survival is largely redundant as the reasons I want to play it I just play perma-death with has a more tangible feel of tension and risk/reward. For everything else it's Normal.

NoWayOut

Oct 27, 2017
I was going to give this a try, but it looks like it may need a couple of more patches to fix stability and performance issues. Gameplay wise looks promising.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Some guy I played with earlier showed back up to see me hours later and he looked like the old Multiplayer orb thing. Whats up with that?

Also where do I find Sodium Nitrate?

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
At this point we should probably include the method of switching between 1st and 3rd person in the OP.
Yeh there's a number of repeat questions. I'll likely fast-track the basic FAQ and have one up by Friday and aim to expand on it with how to survive your first planet on the Saturday.

JarrodL

Oct 27, 2017
So the distant fauna no longer shows up as blinking dots through the scanner. How are we supposed to locate unscanned species now? Used to be able to look underground or in the sky and head in that direction knowing you haven't scanned any birds or subterranean species for instance.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the advice, is it significantly more grindy in Survival? I like the idea of a challenge, as Normal when I played at launch was almost too easy.
Someone who has dove deep into NEXT will have to answer this, as I'm not sure how the difficulty ramp and various systems have changed since the update. In Atlas Rises you could still survive if you knew what to do, but everything just took longer because you would have to make frequent stops to maintain life support systems, avoid sentinels, and scrounge for resources. The biggest issue I had with it before were the incessant Pirate Attacks. I was jumped like 3 times in 5 warps by pirates in my second system, which depleted all my ship resources and eventually killed me. It was hard, but more annoying hard than overcoming adversity hard.

YMMV, but hopefully Survival is a bit more balanced in this Patch.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
The gameplay loop seems mostly untouched which is really disappointing to me - it's still gathering the game :(

Craft some stuff to gather more stuff to travel to more planets to gather more stuff to craft more stuff to gather more stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.