• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I have only one planet in my system that doesn't hurt me and it's 10 times bigger than the other planets, but, it's a dead planet.

Where should I make my first base? Here? Or maybe at my ice planet? How do you guys decide?

Deleted member 5549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Which I couldnt as it required 2 components, metal and some hydrogen. I had metal but could not find any of the hydrogen after searching for soo long. So basically there is no other way to recharge the thrusters? There was also 0 uranium on this planet lol

you can build a mining thingamajig (if you press up on the dpad, you'll find it) that can transform/refine/whatever your materials. that might help you progress.

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Which I couldnt as it required 2 components, metal and some hydrogen. I had metal but could not find any of the hydrogen after searching for soo long. So basically there is no other way to recharge the thrusters? There was also 0 uranium on this planet lol
There's no little blue crystals anywhere near you?

Bumping this cause I also want to know
Almost certain you can jump straight there as there's an invite players option in the menu :)

Deleted member 19996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
OMG this random guy is cursing at me because I trapped him underground by building a boulder to seal him in. He doesn't have the upgraded parts for the tool.

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Yeah, the ice planet is beautiful and it was my starter planet, but it's cold there. Would like to know if you people build on extreme planets or if you try to not do that?
I'm going to be building a cabin on most extreme worlds I want to explore just to have easy shelter to regain my hazard protection.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hCgyLiX.jpg

Finally in and its beautiful

UltraJay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Survival seems to be a lot easier now? I almost died because the opening cutscene made my radiation level drop to 25 percent and I ran around frantically looking for a cave or something (you can carve into the large mineral places for shelter unless that now requires a better laser). My shield went all the way down until the ground below me suddenly dropped into a cave. People who are saying they then died in a cave? There are now hazardous plants you need to avoid/destroy. Guaranteed to be in caves. They drop both oxygen or sodium which is what you need for hazard protection and life support. The scanner however points to sodium-rich and oxygen-rich plants so those are best to replenish your systems. They replace the Thallium and whatever plants you collect with the interact button. Waaaaaay easier to deal with and they don't take much to recharge at all. Also your launch thrusters now go down to 50 percent instead of all the way down to 0 when you take off now.

All in all survival mode is easier now. I don't see how people are having trouble outside of the initial search for a cave.

You know what? I'm gonna miss plutonium. I didn't see it anywhere on my planet before taking off. Didn't check what the thrusters need before going to bed. I would definitely recommend restarting. Luckily my older save wasn't too far in. I've never even bought a freighter yet. For the person who said they were cheaper... like down to 15K? I checked one out and it was 5 MILLION - I only had 500,000 units. I don't think that's changed much?

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Anyone have input on Xbox One X version runs? All i want is locked 30 not at 1080p and PS4 Pro absolutely cannot handle this game very well now so I'm willing to buy Xbox versionnif I can confirm performance is solid. Really bummed about the Pro version. Stutter, hitching, night sky looks super low res and blocky/artifacting. In space, rings around planets were in front of the asteroids between me and the planet with a weird graphic glitch at their edges. Seems wonky and not solid FPS :/

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I have only one planet in my system that doesn't hurt me and it's 10 times bigger than the other planets, but, it's a dead planet.

Where should I make my first base? Here? Or maybe at my ice planet? How do you guys decide?

I'm in a similar boat, Heat, toxicity or inky black vacuum.

Dead planets offer very little in way of resources or things to do so I'd scratch that off the list, of what remains which do you loathe less? In my case the hot world offers many structures (and a crashed spaceship I will claim) so I chose that one.
It won't matter in the long run, you can make a new base somewhere nice...
(though personally i like the ice planets the best)

You'll know your new home when you see it :D

Also this, the view sold me on the plot as well :)

p71emss.jpg

Personally i like to make bases on pretty and pleasant worlds but there's good arguments for making them elsewhere (and at least in atlas rises good financial reasons too).

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have input on Xbox One X version runs? All i want is locked 30 not at 1080p and PS4 Pro absolutely cannot handle this game very well now so I'm willing to buy Xbox versionnif I can confirm performance is solid. Really bummed about the Pro version. Stutter, hitching, night sky looks super low res and blocky/artifacting. In space, rings around planets were in front of the asteroids between me and the planet with a weird graphic glitch at their edges. Seems wonky and not solid FPS :/
It's like an early access game. I gave the game a chance but this is not acceptable. Waiting for a patch...

Oct 25, 2017
Here's my starting planet after the update. It was actually a little too inhospitable for my tastes so I started a new save after this.

2C70339ECA7F34D8BCAAFCF6C01F6BEDD13C2014

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
It's like an early access game. I gave the game a chance but this is not acceptable. Waiting for a patch...

Did you try high performance mode? 4k is a shitshow on PS4 too. You need to run it in performance mode then quit the game and open it again. After I did this I was getting mostly 60 FPS except when entering/exiting the cloud layer.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Playing on Pro and not noticing any performance issues. Visually, this update makes the game look a lot better than I expected. The new clouds/atmospherics are great, too. Think I'll just stick with this new save. Only put like 5 hours into the game before, tough I did manage to amass a bunch of credits and nanites in that short time.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's 2 options for this game on the X: Framerate (locked/unlocked) and X Enhancements (High Quality/ High Performance)

At High Quality/locked, the game runs at 2160p 30 fps. There's a bit of hitching when there's plenty of smoke effects and transparencies, but is not serious. If you unlock the framerate, you get between 35-40 fps of performance.

At High Performance/locked, the game runs at 1080p at a solid 30 fps. If you unlock the framerate, you get 60 fps but is not locked all the time. Plenty of instances are gonna tank the performance of the game, when there's plenty of smoke and transparencies, for example. I'd say is close to 80% locked at 60fps, but with how unpredictable the game is, it's hard to know if you will land on a smoke effects-heavy planet or not. Also, the game received plenty of visual upgrades that are probably not helping at keeping an steady framerate.

I'm going to add that my FOV is 90 and that's probably tanking the framerate a bit. I'll test it with the default FOV and I'll let you know.

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017

1080p/60 mode on my Pro runs better than Atlas Rises and has been pretty consistent for me. Haven't come across the night sky issue yet but I've only played for a few hours.

Rudiano

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
There's no little blue crystals anywhere near you?

Almost certain you can jump straight there as there's an invite players option in the menu :)
Damn, I cant remember now lol I guess I will have to download the game again and give it another guy, though I envision myself not playing it for too long

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Did you try high performance mode? 4k is a shitshow on PS4 too. You need to run it in performance mode then quit the game and open it again. After I did this I was getting mostly 60 FPS except when entering/exiting the cloud layer.
I just put the PS4 resolution to 1080p. now it's playable. Why isn't there an option in the game?

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Playing on Pro and not noticing any performance issues. Visually, this update makes the game look a lot better than I expected. The new clouds/atmospherics are great, too. Think I'll just stick with this new save. Only put like 5 hours into the game before, tough I did manage to amass a bunch of credits and nanites in that short time.
What visual mode you are playing?

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
There's 2 options for this game on the X: Framerate (locked/unlocked) and X Enhancements (High Quality/ High Performance)

At High Quality/locked, the game runs at 2160p 30 fps. There's a bit of hitching when there's plenty of smoke effects and transparencies, but is not serious. If you unlock the framerate, you get between 35-40 fps of performance.

At High Performance/locked, the game runs at 1080p at a solid 30 fps. If you unlock the framerate, you get 60 fps but is not locked all the time. Plenty of instances are gonna tank the performance of the game, when there's plenty of smoke and transparencies, for example. I'd say is close to 80% locked at 60fps, but with how unpredictable the game is, it's hard to know if you will land on a smoke effects-heavy planet or not. Also, the game received plenty of visual upgrades that are probably not helping at keeping an steady framerate.

I'm going to add that my FOV is 90 and that's probably tanking the framerate a bit. I'll test it with the default FOV and I'll let you know.

Thanks for this - sounds like X is better but still has issues even things get too hectic. i'm really torn on what to do ugh

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
AHHHHHHH WTF IS THIS REAL?

I was disappointed when the leak showed they were flat. This is amazing!!!

100% real. :) I don't know if you could actually hide from someone in there, but if you park your ship inside the ring system (at least the one I was in), you basically can barely see anything. Super thick clouds of dust.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for this - sounds like X is better but still has issues even things get too hectic. i'm really torn on what to do ugh
You are welcome! I can add that my first hour of gameplay was really solid in terms of framerate. Once I arrived into a smokey planet, things got a bit unstable.

SlothmanAllen

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I enjoy what I have played of the game so far. Just the early going, but I think they have refined the game a great deal since launch.

I think some people will still have a problem with the collection centric approach to the game, but there seems to be a great deal more to do outside of that though.

MarineMountie

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
Ok, noob question here. I am stuck with no launch fuel. I have the Di-Hydrogen and it says that is the material for the fuel but I can't figure out how to make it...I have been stuck for at least a half hour trying to figure it out before asking here.

EDIT: Figured it out.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
2 questions:
1) am I right in now assuming that the ONLY time you will ever encounter others is if you join or be joined? So the intimation (or assumption on our part, I guess?) that you would come across someone and help them or space-jack them is not accurate?

2) I played before NEXT. How do I get back to my base home planet. I have a base, I have a teleporter there. I went to a space station but it only teleported me to another space station. I can't even figure out how to find my home planet on the galaxy map. Help?

Ichtyander

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, it's a No Man's Sky update alright. Loaded my old save, and I expected obsolete tech, nevermind that, but I'm getting all sorts of visual glitches with the clouds and water, and the worst thing is I docked in my freighter, got out, walked up the stairs to the bridge and the entire hallway leading to the bridge has missing polygons, just empty space. So naturally, I decided to walk through it, thinking it's a rendering problem. Nope, fell through and teleported all over the freighter until I died. Thankfully, I docked again (this time, my freighter's interior is completely dark and missing polygons) and just stayed inside my ship, and the game thankfully automatically collected all of the items from my grave, otherwise that would've been extremely tragic.

Anyway, still taking it slow, kinda lost on which resources are important and work on what, but it looks nice and the increased rendering distance and the clouds make it feel significantly different. Landed on a planet that's mostly water with a few scattered little islands that are completely flat, haven't seen that kind of terrain structure and it's pretty cool.

These are taken on PC with some details lowered so it's not maxed out in any case:

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Ok, noob question here. I am stuck with no launch fuel. I have the Di-Hydrogen and it says that is the material for the fuel but I can't figure out how to make it...I have been stuck for at least a half hour trying to figure it out before asking here.
Get some Ferrite Dust from normal rocks in the area. Go into the inventory and select an empty slot to bring up the crafting menu. Craft iron sheets from the dust. Then create the Starship Launch Fuel from the sheet + dihydrogen.

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Was digging around in the settings files and came across this line, so HDR is on PC now then?

<Property name="UseHDR" value="true" />

Also looks like you can increase build limits and some other things, going to play around with the settings a bit, maybe there's something to increase cloud resolution in there?

Edit: Also

<Property name="EnableTessellation" value="false" />

Sooooo....lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.