• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
starting planet at sunset.
Aulw4.jpg

Gorgeous. This is why i No Man's Sky. Shit like this just captures my imagination.

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
Used the jetpack melee boost in a blizzard and damn near went halfway around the planet!

Please don't be a glitch!

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
..and so on and so forth. Get out of here with this "I'm a victim" crap. Like I said, move on, you're not adding anything new and are simply hopping into every NMS thread to add the same stale take.
Fun fact, this particular poster was also super-dismissive about Daniel Vávra's racist stuff, because Kingdom Come looked neat. Be an enormous dirtbag whose awful views show up in a game? Whatever. Misrepresent what a game is at launch and then spend two years fixing things? BURN THEM TO THE GROUND.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All Ultra? Only way I get better performance is setting shadows to medium and turning light shafts off, AA on FXAA.
Oh i dont get 60 either everywhere, but ive been running the game with an fps counter on both versions and im just reporting the average increase. On the two planets i just tried by fps is basically 45-60. On old version it would have been 40-50

OuterLimits

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It's pretty hard to scan flying creatures again. Kind of like at launch. It took me over a minute to finally scan them.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
so ya'll. I decided to just return to where I left off at launch and no problems but, how the hell do I change to third person camera. I can't seem to find the option anywhere and no button seems to trigger it.

Thanks.

Enforcer

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Is this gonna be the final overhaul?

Hearing about people's stuff getting blasted with the patch kinda discourages me to start the game knowing it could happen to me next major patch =-/

Deleted member 5549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played it since launch month or so, rebought on Xbox and I'm having a hard time, it feels like they've changed so much.

that's no man's sky for you. I went back when they added the base building. went through hours of tedious fetch quest to build the most basic of things. then they had another update, had to do all those quests again. but thankfully, with this update, they just deleted my base entirely, HOORAY! :D

Rudiano

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Damn this game is harsh on returning players, I forgot to store plutonium on my ship and so I had nothing to power my thrusters, leaving me stuck on an icey planet, spent around 45 minutes trying to find components or plutonium to power my thrusters before I gave up and uninstalled the game again. Fix your shit Hello Games, its ridiculous that I cant continue with my game because of this dumb mechanic

Last edited:

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
Is this gonna be the final overhaul?

Hearing about people's stuff getting blasted with the patch kinda discourages me to start the game knowing it could happen to me next major patch =-/
This is really the worst it's ever been. Previous releases created much less extensive problems for existing saves. I've been running the same save since 1.0 and this is the first time that I'm seriously considering starting from scratch.

The devs have suggested future updates will probably be smaller and more frequent than this, so not as likely to create this kind of rift for existing saves.

Hero Prinny

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
first planet was posionus, 2nd was too cold, third was too hot... can i just start in a regular planet? i don't even know how to play :(

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit, colour me excited I found an airless planet, no atmosphere. No clouds, low gravity (I can leap into the sky with my jetpack), the ground is a dead, desolate waste of cracked earth and rock. Looks awesome. This update is so good so far.

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
so ya'll. I decided to just return to where I left off at launch and no problems but, how the hell do I change to third person camera. I can't seem to find the option anywhere and no button seems to trigger it.

Thanks.
Quick menu (dpad down). Then all the way to left for settings. Then all the way to the right for View (or something similar).

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Guys, stop trying to reroll a good starting planet! It's become clear that you will always start on a hostile planet as a means of teaching you the survival systems.

Just fix your shit and get off that rock asap!

Mr X

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia / US
There's a message at the start of the game that says you can retrieve it from the base cache like you would when moving a base from one planet to another in the previous version of the game. So I'm assuming once you pick a place for a new base, set down the base computer and you can access your old base in the cache. But I haven't tried it yet, just going based on what the in-game bulletin describes.

I'll have to check it out as soon as I find a decent planet, thanks.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
I'm on a planet and I can't launch off. What am I looking for to find Uranium??!

Prophaniti

Oct 28, 2017
LOD is better, but framerate struggles a bit more, I'm getting audio glitches (when moving fast there's an abrupt, abrasive noise that lasts about a second) and framerate stuttering (when in hyperdrive) and there's this weird thing where occasionally the night sky looks like a video file at a very low resolution, if that makes sense. Aside from that, it looks tip top.
Thanks!

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
They intentionally seemed to have made it suck to teach you about fixing your stuff.
Yeah, now that every starter is a toxic hellhole it almost makes me want to just stick with my original save but I'd like to try learn the new mechanics that I've missed since launch. Guess I'll power through it, but I fear for new players. If I'd never played before I would be like "wtf where's the lush grass I was promised?"

I'm loving how easy it is to jump into other people's games. I saw Mindlog on and dropped right into his game, landed on his Freighter and gave a thumbs up, then took off and damaged his cargo pods before warping away lol. He went to start a mission but I'm not really sure how that works yet.

With the ease of multiplayer now if anyone wants to jump into my game tonight, mic or no mic, add me on PSN: Traxus12

Anyone got a Discord channel?

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
Started on a permadeath save on a toxic shit hole. The new graphics overall is nice, but the clouds do look like ass.

RedlineRonin

Oct 30, 2017
Minneapolis
Hadn't heard about this but it would be cool to know - there was no option for it in The graphics setting.
Prior to NEXT, it sounds like some folks found it digging around in the .ini or something, so it's almost like the planned it but it wasn't ready? Which would make sense because it's in for PS4 and OneX. Was really hoping it was on PC if the work had already been done on consoles, but I'm not optimistic... =/

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I just found my first crashed ship, as an FYI the bug where you could target the crashed ships with right on the d-pad appears to be fixed, I tried targeting it as I landed but no luck, bye bye easy ships.

It's gorgeous but pretty banged up :)

VZyb84x.jpg

HlRQs0v.jpg

I guess I'm staying in this hellhole a little longer :D

PeterVenkman

Oct 25, 2017
Prior to NEXT, it sounds like some folks found it digging around in the .ini or something, so it's almost like the planned it but it wasn't ready? Which would make sense because it's in for PS4 and OneX. Was really hoping it was on PC if the work had already been done on consoles, but I'm not optimistic... =/

Yeah seems to be not implemented now - changing it on the windows level and my tv defaults to game mode, not game hdr. Oh well.

Last edited:

Kaiken

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to get home and look at the lovely new planets... more importantly to see what my exotic ship looks like now.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Playing for the first time since launch, still trying to wrap my head around things. Got a nice shot of me heading to my 2nd planet:

HMFHLiS.jpg

One question though - there were 13 Vortex Cubes right next to where I started, should I sell these? Inventory space is at quite a premium right now. I just made it to the space station.

Status
Not open for further replies.