• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Goda

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
Question is why did they raise the price of a 4 old game? This game was $70 when it came out 4 years ago and now it's $80? (In Canada btw)

OldBritBloke

Oct 28, 2017
VERY nice. I've got over two hundred hours logged on my base PS4... I guess I'll be racking up another few hundred more soon.

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
Question is why did they raise the price of a 4 old game? This game was $70 when it came out 4 years ago and now it's $80? (In Canada btw)
The game so regularly goes on sale at this point, why worry about it?

Although I would also argue that the game has added more than enough to justify a small bump to the MSRP like this.

golguin

Oct 29, 2017
Initially bought for PS4 so once I get a PS5 I upgrade for free and get everything that's ever come out for it?

Oct 26, 2017
Finally my massive bases will be entirely visible haha. Does anyone know if saves transfer between physical and digital versions of this game? Thinking of getting it digitally but no interest in losing my 500 hour save for the convenience.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
They just really do keep outdoing themselves over and over again.

Never have I ever seen such a redemption tale work out so well. What a ride or die situation for their whole company and they made it happen. Huge props

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
  • PlayStation VR: No Man's Sky is fully playable in PS VR on PlayStation 5 by virtue of its backwards compatibility functionality.

To me it makes it sound like they're referring to the PS5 is just BC compat with the VR hardware itself, not via software?

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely fantastic. Definitely going to play this on day one.

Sounds great!

On a side note, why do companies keep bothering with Twitter videos. They always look like shit. Way to sell your audio-visual experience.
Yep. Twitter's video compression / adaptive quality streaming, or whatever it is, is absolutely garbage. It's so bad I'm amazed it ever got to the point of a public launch.

Any videos played within the tweet itself are basically a blurry mess for the entire video. Even full screen it takes an age to bump the quality up to watchable.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Damn regret not getting the game when it was between €5-€10 lol...

It's gone more expensive since then

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Having this on Game Pass is a great reason for new people to jump in. I bounced on and off with NMS since launch but the recent patches etc got me utterly hooked. Looking forward to jumping back in for Series X. Game is in a fantastic place right now.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Hell yeah! I've been waiting for this announcement. I figured they'd improve the game on next gen consoles, and I am so excited. Definitely one of the PS4 games I planned on installing to the PS5's SSD (most of my PS4 library is going to stay on the external HDD until I buy an SSD expansion for the PS5 sometime later on).

One of my favorite games of the previous generation. I hope this upgrade is available day 1 on PS5. Not that I don't have enough to keep me busy, but NMS is my go to relaxation game!

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
I bounced off this game early after launch, and have been watching patches go by and thinking, I should get back into this soon.

This next gen updated has my hyped to actually do it.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this brings good performance improvements to PC.

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
The PSVR version of the game has been neglected by the dev as far as visual upgrades go. It did not offer any PS4 Pro upgrades when it first received headset support despite a TON of begging out there, and unless I missed something, the PSVR mode will still receive no visual improvements on the PS5.

Yes, it is only BC, but people are simply asking for them to address crisper PSVR graphics that the PS4 Pro can handle, nothing more.

Xpider_MX

Aug 13, 2020
México
Full details for PS5 version:
  • Haptic controls: From the satisfying feeling of firing your boltcaster, to the gentle nudge of a building part slotting into place in a space habitat or the firm click of the trigger in your interstellar ship – haptic controls allow players to feel immersed in an alien world as never before.
  • Fuller worlds: Next generation hardware allows No Man's Sky's procedural generation to create lusher, richer and more densely populated universes than ever before. Planet surfaces are even more detailed, with thousands more rocks, alien grasses, and exotic flora on screen at any time.
  • 32 player multiplayer: For the first time on console, up to 32 players can join forces to build, survive, fight and explore the galaxy together.
  • Advanced audio: Immersion has always been a pillar of No Man's Sky. Thanks to PlayStation 5's Tempest 3D AudioTech, players will be able to soak in the ambience of an alien planet, or feel a ship fly overhead like never before (You can find out more about PS5's 3D Audio here.)
  • 4K* at 60FPS: On PlayStation 5 players can experience the universe in pin-sharp detail at higher framerates.
  • Ultra visuals: Explore alien vistas with improved shadows, greater draw distances, thousands more objects on screen and improved lighting and volumetric effects.
  • Vast base building: Players can now work together to build huge off-world colonies, with the ability to construct and render far more vast and complex bases on screen.
  • Warp-speed load times: Explore the universe instantly with 5-10x reduction in loading times. On PS5, you can warp from solar system to solar system in an instant.
  • Crossplay: PS5 explorers will be able to join together with other adventurers on all other platforms, including previous generations.
  • Upgrading from PS4 to PS5: Not only will previous owners of No Man's Sky on PlayStation 4 be able to upgrade their game to PlayStation 5 at no extra cost when PS5 launches in their territory, but their progress can be carried across to their new console.
  • PlayStation VR: No Man's Sky is fully playable in PS VR on PlayStation 5 by virtue of its backwards compatibility functionality.
  • An evolving game: Just another step on the evolution of the best-selling title, No Man's Sky Next Generation will come preloaded with the previous four years of huge upgrades from day one. Join in the journey at our most important moment yet.

No full details dor XSX version?

Serein

Mar 7, 2018
I held back on jumping back in after the last few updates hoping Hello Games' would deliver a next-gen update. Actually it's more like expecting because their post-launch support has been phenomenal and this seemed almost inevitable. Having it at launch is just the icing on the cake. I might just purchase a digital copy actually and give my disc to my cousin. They've earned the extra sale. :)

baconcow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt that, because they specifically mentioned two modes for Series S, but didn't do so on Series X/PS5. Now, that being said, it could still be dynamic 4K. I just don't think there will be two modes.
Good point. I skimmed through it and overlooked the portion about the Series S having two modes. Hopefully, it runs at a stable 60 fps, since the One X performance mode is all over the place.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Is the PSVR mode itself actually getting the optimizations and upgrades too? Their line just makes it sound like basic BC

baconcow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Looks like they increased the price from $49.99 to $76.99 about 1 week ago. I wish I had picked it up for $24.99, now. It was that price quite often and isn't going to remain on Game Pass for much longer. In all fairness, they've put a ton of updates out for the game.

The game so regularly goes on sale at this point, why worry about it?

Although I would also argue that the game has added more than enough to justify a small bump to the MSRP like this.

The sale has recently been from $49.99 CAD/USD to $24.99 CAD/USD. Do you think we'll see it go from the much higher $76.99 CAD ($59.99) to $24.99 CAD/USD? Edit: Looked up actual prices. Didn't realize it was previously at CAD/USD parity, before. Likely, based on when it came out.

Last edited:

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
I bounced off this game early after launch, and have been watching patches go by and thinking, I should get back into this soon.

This next gen updated has my hyped to actually do it.
The game is currently in an absolutely amazing state. I play it a lot on PS4 Pro. Combined with this next gen update it should be a really amazing package.

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
They've done such a great job, all through the year during pandemic they're still pumping out constant updates.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Is the PSVR mode itself actually getting the optimizations and upgrades too? Their line just makes it sound like basic BC

This is my question too. It seems like if it had significant upgrades they would be touting it more so I assume it will be just like the PS4 version. I'll be happy to be proven wrong though.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
There is no native PS5 VR yet as far as I can tell. I believe anything right now will be present in the form of PS4 BC when it comes to VR. The extra juice from boost mode is what will help here at least for VR performance.

The wait for PSVR2 begins.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Glad I didn't sell my PS4 hard copy!

out of curiousity, 3D audio available on xsx too?

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
You know what a new gen and a new shot at this game! They've been doing such a great job with the support so I gotta give it another run.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
There is no native PS5 VR yet as far as I can tell. I believe anything right now will be present in the form of PS4 BC when it comes to VR. The extra juice from boost mode is what will help here at least for VR performance.

The wait for PSVR2 begins.
This brings into question a whole other issue: if PSVR is only playable in BC mode, does that mean you have to have both the PS4 version AND PS5 version of No Man's Sky installed if you intend to jump between VR and TV?

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
i always wanted to try this game, but not sure if is my thing. Is it only First Person? if it is, i will wait if it has improved performance on PSVR thanks to PS5

riverfr0zen

Oct 27, 2017
Manhattan, New York
The PSVR version of the game has been neglected by the dev as far as visual upgrades go. It did not offer any PS4 Pro upgrades when it first received headset support despite a TON of begging out there, and unless I missed something, the PSVR mode will still receive no visual improvements on the PS5.

Yes, it is only BC, but people are simply asking for them to address crisper PSVR graphics that the PS4 Pro can handle, nothing more.

"simply"

I get wanting crisper graphics on PSVR, but for something delivered as a free upgrade, it is rather embarrassing to see the number of people on today's blog post totally ignore how amazing the update actually is and just use it to harp on about this.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Looks like PSVR will be stuck with PS4 versions of games :( That is quite sad, I was expecting the PS5 to be able to power better looking PSVR games at least until the PSVR2 comes out in a few years.

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
"simply"

I get wanting crisper graphics on PSVR, but for something delivered as a free upgrade, it is rather embarrassing to see the number of people on today's blog post totally ignore how amazing the update actually is and just use it to harp on about this.
It's being ignored by them for good reason. Before touting a whole slew of upgrades like this, Hello Games still has unfinished business when it comes to their half-hearted support of the PSVR version for PS4 Pro (and soon, PS5) owners. There are some out there who have zero interest in playing 2D NMS, so why not give them a better polished version on machines that are capable?

You can just look at how many PSVR games received Pro upgrades by other dev teams to see why there are complaints. Some of those teams likely have less employees, and they still figure out a way to offer SOMETHING in the way of Pro upgrades.

I mean, off the top of my head I remember reading a few posts from the developer of Ultrawings for the PSVR headset. They put out several free patches in the span of a few weeks where they improved the graphics on 60 fps version and then went back in forth public testing of a 90 fps version with the old visuals.

That dev can't be any more taxed for these type of upgrades than HG with NMS for a strongly requested improvement.

Last edited:

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
This is awesome. I'm going to 'upgrade' to a digital copy whenever the next sale is around, since it continues to be something I want to pop in and out of, and disc swapping is annoying. Hell Games deserves it anyway.