• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gorgosh

Oct 26, 2017
The Golden Age of RTS, what a time that was.
C&C Cutscenes definetly were a highlight of those times :D

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
This game was so good. It was a shame it didn't go deeper into the
connection between the red alert universum and the tiberium one. I think Kane still has to be around somewhere in red alert 2 , right?

mozbar

Feb 20, 2018
Fantastic intro. Fantastic game.

Frank Klepacki has been playing some of the music from this and other CNC games love with his band:

I dunno how to post timestamps from the mobile YouTube app.

KaiLeng

Sep 8, 2018
This game was so good. It was a shame it didn't go deeper into the
connection between the red alert universum and the tiberium one. I think Kane still has to be around somewhere in red alert 2 , right?
They backed away from it and each universe became it's own thing, Tiberium on one side, Red Alert on the other. So no, Kane is not canon to RA universe. A shame that.

Ishmae1

Creative Director, Microsoft
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
They backed away from it and each universe became it's own thing, Tiberium on one side, Red Alert on the other. So no, Kane is not canon to RA universe. A shame that.
Kane is in the RA universe, but Einstein's little adventure split the timeline. Originally (RA 1 time) we set it up that it could have been prequel to C&C mainline if we wanted to go that way. Kane is eternal, so there's only a few possible realities he doesn't exist in.

OP
OP
EatChildren

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
gifvfk9r.gif

SpitefulSecondaryAdamsstaghornedbeetle-size_restricted.gif

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Kane is in the RA universe, but Einstein's little adventure split the timeline. Originally (RA 1 time) we set it up that it could have been prequel to C&C mainline if we wanted to go that way. Kane is eternal, so there's only a few possible realities he doesn't exist in.

I thought the split occurred depending on who won the war in RA1. If the Allies won, then it goes to Red Alert 2. But if the Soviets won, then it sets up the C&C universe. Or maybe it's the other way around. Can't remember but I thought that is how the timeline splits.

KaiLeng

Sep 8, 2018
Damn, I forgot about Einstein being a crucial part of changing the timeline. So, RA1 is actually canon to tiberium universe? Huh.

KyouG

Oct 26, 2017
Knew what this was about the moment I saw those words. Best RTS, best intro of all time.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
Westwood before the ea acquisition

Well, this one was actually done by Westwood Pacific, and at that point the whole of Westwood had already been bought by EA. Both studios were amazing, Nox was also fantastic.

EDIT: Shit, looking at that Wikipedia entry now, Toonstruck! I had no idea they were responsible for that, loved that game. Sadly, it ended on a cliffhanger, and the story was never finished. And a sequel to Cool Spot!

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Ch'ching!

The ham acting, the CGI, the music, the tank rushes, the gore, the scream, chaining sandbags for Obelisks of Light as the best NOD offense! Watching Stalin kiss a lady when I was too young to understand wtf was going on! My childhood!

I love the conceit of the RA2 story. Soviets invading utterly by surprise! GO!

Last edited:

Neil Howarth

Banned
Mar 20, 2019
God, I spent massive amounts of time with these games in the 90s. The presentatie was incredible and tongue in cheek. Of was glorious. Saddens me to see what happened to one of the most player series of my teens

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Knew immediately what the thread title referred to, watched the whole video anyways because it's that good. Now off to find the full version of Hell March II.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Knife straight into the heart x|

The C&C was my first RTS, and ignited my love for the genre.