• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
It's like those twitter accounts. Parasocial relationships with people in media and companies are big right now. Of course they will capitalize on it. And as you can see with how the internet reacted to this and other interviews it works. In Cavill's case he is just being himself tho.
An actor of Cavil's standing is not going to try to score internet points with such a niche crowd that could also have negative backlash.

This was never going to be that, is the point.

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
everybody KNOWS beautiful and successful people with non-STEM/burgerflipper jobs can't be GAMERS!
he is only trying to take advantage of us, fellow gamers!! so he is a PC gamer, huh? list your top 50 favorite epic Witcher 3 mods then, "superman".

svacina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
everybody KNOWS beautiful and successful people with non-STEM/burgerflipper jobs can't be GAMERS!
he is only trying to take advantage of us, fellow gamers!! so he is a PC gamer, huh? list your top 50 favorite epic Witcher 3 mods then, "superman".
I don't wanna know anybody's favourite mods, man. The chance that anime would be involved is too high.

Deleted member 38706

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 19, 2018
User Banned (3 Days): Platform Warring; Prior Ban for Platform Warring
If anything this thread proves console gamers are actually the weirdest fucking weirdos

I mean jesus christ people, these posts

Usually the same type of people that goes around arguing how superior their plastic box is, then they get butthurt when you bring up PC. Like, why argue about superiority when reality has already decided that you've lost? Definitely weird as hell. Reminds me of the times when PS4 gamers would talk about how inferior the og Xbox One and Switch are, but they'll start talking trash if you ask them why they don't play on PC if they care about graphics so much. I love the hate for Henry Cavill here. It's hilarious how much people try to paint him as a PC elitist or dismiss him as a fake gamer.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Usually the same type of people that goes around arguing how superior their plastic box is, then they get butthurt when you bring up PC. Like, why argue about superiority when reality has already decided that you've lost? Definitely weird as hell. Reminds me of the times when PS4 gamers would talk about how inferior the og Xbox One and Switch are, but they'll start talking trash if you ask them why they don't play on PC if they care about graphics so much. I love the hate for Henry Cavill here. It's hilarious how much people try to paint him as a PC elitist or dismiss him as a fake gamer.
Is the irony here intended?

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
An actor of Cavil's standing is not going to try to score internet points with such a niche crowd that could also have negative backlash.

This was never going to be that, is the point.
Again, anyone could benefit from positive publicity, especially on social media. Even someone as amazing as Henry Cavill. I am kinda repeating myself here.

Deleted member 38706

Banned
Jan 19, 2018
Is the irony here intended?
Hah, are you pointing at this part of my post: "Like, why argue about superiority when reality has already decided that you've lost?"

It's not a PC Master Race thing. I just deliberately worded it harshly because it makes no sense for people to tell others that it's a bad idea to play on their console of preference because it's inferior when PC exists. That if we follow their logic, then everyone should play on PC. I'm trying to say that everyone should be allowed to play on whatever they want. Don't over-interpret the post.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Hah, are you pointing at this part of my post: "Like, why argue about superiority when reality has already decided that you've lost?"

It's not a PC Master Race thing. I just deliberately worded it harshly because it makes no sense for people to tell others that it's a bad idea to play on their console of preference because it's inferior when PC exists. That if we follow their logic, then everyone should play on PC. I'm trying to say that everyone should be allowed to play on whatever they want. Don't over-interpret the post.
The entire thing, honestly.

PC might be technically superior in terms of power, but there are many ways it's not in terms of plug and play ease of use which, for some, is a huge benefit.

Even though I prefer PC for the many benefits it brings, I also enjoy building PCs and tinkering with settings and mods etc... which is a huge turn off for many. There is no "superior platform", and trying to assert the dominance of one and actually meaning it is the very thing you were tallying against in your post.

Again, anyone could benefit from positive publicity, especially on social media. Even someone as amazing as Henry Cavill. I am kinda repeating myself here.
You are, which is bizarre. Stepping into the platform wars was never going to be the kind of publicity an actor of Cavil's success tried to court.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
When people say they actively prefer 30fps over higher framerates

G4W84yZ.png

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019

PC might be technically superior in terms of power, but there are many ways it's not in terms of plug and play ease of use which, for some, is a huge benefit.

Even though I prefer PC for the many benefits it brings, I also enjoy building PCs and tinkering with settings and mods etc... which is a huge turn off for many. There is no "superior platform", and trying to assert the dominance of one and actually meaning it is the very thing you were tallying against in your post.

You are, which is bizarre. Stepping into the platform wars was never going to be the kind of publicity an actor of Cavil's success tried to court.
Not explicitly platform wars but just showing that you are into that kind of stuff. My original comment was talking about him playing all cards right by which I meant the whole promotional tour.

Deleted member 38706

Banned
Jan 19, 2018

Well, of course. But I'm specifically pointing towards people that use graphics as a talking point. That's why I talked about og Xbox One (because people were harping about how it was graphically inferior). You're misunderstanding my post. I'm referring to a specific group of people making specific talking points and how they're irrational -- not that I'm saying PC is the superior gaming platform in every way. You're just preaching to the choir because I already know about the points you made.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Well, of course. But I'm specifically pointing towards people that use graphics as a talking point. That's why I talked about og Xbox One (because people were harping about how it was graphically inferior). You're misunderstanding my post. I'm referring to a specific group of people making specific talking points and how they're irrational -- not that I'm saying PC is the superior gaming platform in every way. You're just preaching to the choir because I already know about the points you made.
I didn't misunderstand the same tone your post was written in that it was calling out.

You have to see the irony there.

Not explicitly platform wars but just showing that you are into that kind of stuff. My original comment was talking about him playing all cards right by which I meant the whole promotional tour.
Cavil stating PC the way he did was always going fo be genuine. Wading into platform wars by dismissing consoles was never a winning PR move. Yes there are some threads in enthusiast circle online, but all of those threads contain negativity too. We also know that being a "gamer: is still viewed negatively by many people.

The idea that he'd make it up for internet points was always ridiculous.

Deleted member 38706

Banned
Jan 19, 2018
I didn't misunderstand the same tone your post was written in that it was calling out.

You have to see the irony there.
I'm sorry, but if you keep doubling down, there is nothing I can do to change you mind. Context matters, and I've already explained it to you. The tone comes from my contempt for a subset of people on Era. If you want to keep insisting that I'm trying to assert that the PC platform is superior, then by all means do so. It's worth nothing as a conversation.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Oh this made its way to Era. And some are genuinely hurt by it for some reason.

It was a fun little moment from a nothing interview. Why can't y'all just be normal?

Deleted member 38706

Banned
Jan 19, 2018
You are really good at missing irony.
It's sad to see how much you keep arguing in bad faith. You kept shifting goalposts again and again. You argued against my context and intentions, and I explained them to you. Then you just dismiss that and shift to arguing about tone -- which is directly linked to context. At the end of the day, you just go "it's ironic because tone lol" and use the "no u" card when I call you out for doubling down. Do you even understand what doubling down means? I think the irony is how you're projecting yourself so hard on me.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
It's sad to see how much you keep arguing in bad faith. You kept shifting goalposts again and again. You argued against my context and intentions, and I explained them to you. Then you just dismiss that and shift to arguing about tone -- which is directly linked to context. At the end of the day, you just go "it's ironic because tone lol" and use the "no u" card when I call you out for doubling down. Do you even understand what doubling down means? I think the irony is how you're projecting yourself so hard on me.
This has to be satire at this point...

tenderbrew

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
pc gaming is indeed great when compared to a traditional console

some day when i there is a portable equivalent that can beam it to anywhere in the world without considerations for wifi & internet speed it will truly check all the boxes for me

Visuwell

Jan 22, 2019
I'm shocked this thread had been allowed to continue lol but until then l freely admit it's brilliant

astro

Oct 25, 2017
People like Cavil because he seems down to earth.

X some platform wars, trolling, and objectification.

Not hard to get why it's pages...

Last edited:

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
Some people took it way to close to their hearts lol.

Good to see Cavill not being afraid to show his nerdy side, not that a person with his looks and fame would lose much, but still.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
$$$$$ is the only thing keeping me from being a full time PC player.

$500 for the new Xbox vs the thousands I would have to spend to do 4k 60 on my PC? I mean the math does it self.