• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ishaan

Oct 27, 2017
Jor-El: Goodbye, my son. Our hopes and dreams travel with you.
Lara Lor-Van: He will be an outcast. They'll kill him.
Jor-El: How? He'll be a god to them.

We all know Krypton blew up because someone's PS4 overheated.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
After having dropped about $5000 on my new PC yeah, I prefer gaming on it for sure, but still won't be able to play God of War, Last of Us 2 or Ghost of Tsushima on it. It is cool that I'll be able to play all Xbox first party games on it though.

Dealing with all these different launchers is a significant inconvenience too. I often forget about my games in the Bethesda launcher.

Also, gaming on a non-primary display like a TV is an unintuitive pain in the ass.
You can actually. God of War is on PSNow and Horizon is coming next year for example. And if Sony don't want to trail behind MS and Google when it comes to streaming next gen, you can bet PS5 games will be streamable to any device as well.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Warner Bros should just let Henry Cavill be Henry Cavill while wearing the Superman suit. It's amazing how polar opposite the dude is in real life from the stoic characters they keep trying to cast him as in films.

Someone send him the PC master race shop on Instagram.

Rare Opiums

Oct 28, 2017
Wealthy individual prefers platform that gets exponentially better depending on how much money you throw at it, what a shocker.

Not really.

Edit: I know you're being sarcastic. But do you honestly think people got into PC games just because they were rich? MOBA games is one of the most popular genre in PC scene and it doesn't require expensive rig.

Last edited:

Earthed

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019
Yikes at this thread.

I enjoy all platforms but to even try and entertain that PC isnt the best by a country mile is shocking to see.

Actually reading these posts, I didn't know people and comments could exist like this.

It's like some strange passive aggressive barage of shade mixed with salt and insecurity in every fleeting comment.
Or how about "it's all a preference". No platform is better than any other, inherently/objectively. It's up to what each person prefers.

To me, both sides of this inane argument are genuinely eye-roll worthy. The ones naming themselves the "master race", even if jokingly, a little more though.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
The interviewer did not give Switch as a list of options. Anti-Nintendo bias!

twdnewh

Oct 31, 2018
Sydney, Australia
6qavvs8ug8641.png
Perfect

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Dude is playing all the right cards to gain the favours of the internet, but the thing is it all seems genuine.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
It is clearly genuine, dude doesn't need favours of the internet. His life is already set to "won" status.
Anyone and everything could certainly benefit from the favours of the internet, especially when you are promoting your new TV adaption of a beloved franchise.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone and everything could certainly benefit from the favours of the internet, especially when you are promoting your new TV adaption of a beloved franchise.
Ok, let me re-phrase: He does not need to gather the favours of gamer nerds who really care about this kind of bullshit.

Suburban Thug

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Midwest
After having dropped about $5000 on my new PC yeah, I prefer gaming on it for sure, but still won't be able to play God of War, Last of Us 2 or Ghost of Tsushima on it. It is cool that I'll be able to play all Xbox first party games on it though.

Dealing with all these different launchers is a significant inconvenience too. I often forget about my games in the Bethesda launcher.

Also, gaming on a non-primary display like a TV is an unintuitive pain in the ass.
I just bought a raspberry pi last weekend so I could use it as a steamlink to play games on my tv in the living room. Took about 10 minutes to get everything up an running once the OS was installed.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
PC is great because multiplatform and Xbox games are on there at the "best"* quality, but I just prefer console gaming, especially Switch because it provides portable "console quality" gaming on the go.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Ok, let me re-phrase: He does not need to gather the favours of gamer nerds who really care about this kind of bullshit.
It doesn't really matter if he needs it. It certainly benefits him. Seeing as even the most cynical people in this thread have a positive reaction to him.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't really matter if he needs it. It certainly benefits him. Seeing as even the most cynical people in this thread have a positive reaction to him.
And yet, before he gave his honest opinion his life was still going amazingly. He didn't need to garner the love of platform war veterans. That is the point, your "seems" just didn't fit.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
And yet, before he gave his honest opinion his life was still going amazingly. He didn't need to garner the love of platform war veterans. That is the point, your "seems" just didn't fit.
Well, the seems was just there because I could've also been wrong.

Also, are you Cavill by chance lol

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
If anything this thread proves console gamers are actually the weirdest fucking weirdos

I mean jesus christ people, these posts

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Well, the seems was just there because I could've also been wrong.

Also, are you Cavill by chance lol
It's knowns he's a total PC nerd anyway.

Unless Cavil built his career on the backs of platform war heroes by lying about wow, of course.

If anything this thread proves console gamers are actually the weirdest fucking weirdos

I mean jesus christ people, these posts
Pretty sure a lot of them are trolls.... but then I tend to have far too much faith in people.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
He doesn't give a fuck, and rightly so. Such pointless shit to argue over. I can't believe this thread is at 14 pages
He may not give a fuck but Netflix's promotion team could. Making actors, companies etc more relatable is working seeing as we got to 14 pages of positive praise and memes about what he said.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
He may not give a fuck but Netflix's promotion team could. Making actors, companies etc more relatable is working seeing as we got to 14 pages of positive praise and memes about what he said.
Haha, Netflix isn't going out there to get actors to lie about their PC gaming.

14 pages of praise in a tiny corner of the internet is not what they're striving for.

MrCinos

Oct 26, 2017
Next step for him: quit acting in movies/shows and start streaming PC games.

Has to happen.
I remember him saying he prefers staying at home playing games than going out somewhere. Whenever he wishes to retire he can certainly become a popular streamer, lol. Not like he'd need money or popularity from it at that point though.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I remember him saying he prefers staying at home playing games than going out somewhere. Whenever he wishes to retire he can certainly become a popular streamer, lol. Not like he'd need money or popularity from it at that point though.
Plot twist: he is terrible at all the games he plays and screams at his mom when she interrupts him.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Just because an Actor prefer the pc, we console gamers should be somehow offended? He's just an actor he doesn't care about Gaming at all. His life is based on pretend and now he's pretending he's a gamer.

You clearly know nothing about Henry Cavill than. He is very much a gamer

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Lotta shameful gatekeeping in here. It is known that gaming is his hobby and that he's a pretty decent dude. His "nerdom" isn't invalidated because he's an actor and good looking. The reason why it is frequently mentioned in interviews is because of how his involvement in the project came to be.

Nobody here owns the hobby or can invalidate another person's enjoyment of it because of some nonsense criteria. This thread is a fucking awful look for era.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do you get so worked up over it? I didn't even say that I don't believe it.
Im not worked up, if thats the impression I am giving off its not intended. It's just a silly idea to even entertain. The whole reason he wanted to be in this show is because he loves the games/books. He isn't lying about anything.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
This is fast approaching thread of decade status. :)

You can actually. God of War is on PSNow and Horizon is coming next year for example. And if Sony don't want to trail behind MS and Google when it comes to streaming next gen, you can bet PS5 games will be streamable to any device as well.

I wouldn't count PSNow as playing on PC tho 720p(sub)30 is horrible.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
If it brings you the favours of internet people yes of course. It would only benefit your career. He is only human like you said.
The point that you're missing is that there are far, far more lucrative ways to do this. There is also a chance this actually alienates him from other audiences as it could be seen as nerdy and uncool. Also, the platform war aspect would mean he would be alienating those console people who care about platform wars. it just wouldn't make sense.

No actor of Cavil's standing is going to lie about paying PC games as often as he does to score points with platform war heroes, or even get entrenched in that shit on their social media.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Im not worked up, if thats the impression I am giving off its not intended. It's just a silly idea to even entertain. The whole reason he wanted to be in this show is because he loves the games/books. He isn't lying about anything.
I know. I think it's dope that he is so open about that stuff and kinda defies that stereotype. I said "seems" because I was open to being wrong.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
The point that you're missing is that there are far, far more lucrative ways to do this. There is also a chance this actually alienates him from other audiences as it could be seen as nerdy and uncool. Also, the platform war aspect would mean he would be alienating those console people who care about platform wars. it just wouldn't make sense.

No actor of Cavil's standing is going to lie about paying PC games as often as he does to score points with platform war heroes.
It's like those twitter accounts. Parasocial relationships with people in media and companies are big right now. Of course they will capitalize on it. And as you can see with how the internet reacted to this and other interviews it works. In Cavill's case he is just being himself tho.