• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lazygecko

Oct 25, 2017
yjHRUSA.jpg

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
I'll believe it when I see it.

Maybe Kim Jong Un figured out a way to weaponize petty baby-like whining (and did it before Trump could!)

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this means they're going to go from underground testing to atmospheric testing.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
If NK wants their economy to continue to be non-existent and to never join the world stage, then whatever. They already have nukes. This changes nothing.

At this point all they're going to do is piss off China.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
NK's military budget is literally almost nothing. I doubt this new weapons is anything of note beyond what they already have.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I'm sure Kim is shitting himself thinking about the tweet Trump is gonna make.
lol I hate Trump as much as the next person, but if NK dropped a nuke towards and near a US territory, NK will likely get wiped off the face of the earth - or at the very least, Un's reign is over.

OP
OP
Xando

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
lol I hate Trump as much as the next person, but if NK dropped a nuke near a US territory, NK will get wiped off the face of the earth.
Just like NK is gonna get wiped off the map when they're close to getting nukes...oh wait.

Just like NK is gonna get wiped off the map when they develop a ICBM...oh wait.

US is gonna do shit other than dropping another round of sanctions if NK drops a nuke 200 km off guam.

Not even Trump is gonna kill millions of SK or Japanese citizens because this dumbass dropped a nuke in the ocean.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Just like NK is gonna get wiped off the map when they're close to getting nukes...oh wait.

Just like NK is gonna get wiped off the map when they develop a ICBM...oh wait.

US is gonna do shit other than dropping another round of sanctions if NK drops a nuke 200 km off guam.
Those are very, VERY different things than NK launching a nuke near a US territory. At the very least, Un wants to survive. Doing what the post suggested would put that goal in grave danger.

Lo-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
New Yawk City!
If NK wants their economy to continue to be non-existent and to never join the world stage, then whatever. They already have nukes. This changes nothing.

At this point all they're going to do is piss off China.

What the North Korean leadership wants is to retain power and make military conflict so horrifying that most rivals won't seriously try it now. From that perspective, maintaining a nuclear weapons program is "essential".

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
What the North Korean leadership wants is to retain power and make military conflict so horrifying that most rivals won't seriously try it now. From that perspective, maintaining a nuclear weapons program is "essential".
Right, but there is a difference between maintaining the program, and actively antagonizing a country that would wipe them out in a blink, and another country (China) that could destroy what little economy they have left.

Lo-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
New Yawk City!
Right, but there is a difference between maintaining the program, and actively antagonizing a country that would wipe them out in a blink, and another country (China) that could destroy what little economy they have left.

I feel Beijing still sees the value in a North Korean buffer enough that they would tolerate weapons development on their part. I also get the personal feeling that Pres. Xi might be have a harder line on supporting North Korea than his predecessors.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I feel Beijing still sees the value in a North Korean buffer enough that they would tolerate weapons development on their part. I also get the personal feeling that Pres. Xi might be have a harder line on supporting North Korea than his predecessors.
NK's value to China as a buffer has it's limits. China isn't stupid.

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
China has also started relations with some defence thing in South Korea