• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
The 370 is that pricing because it's 90 years old. I'm expecting at least base Q60 pricing (40K), if not 6 cylinder Supra pricing (49K). They'll probably undercut the Supra for obvious reasons.

Until they drop a base 4 cylinder turbo w/ a manual that is..

I think it launched there in 2010 or so, inflation adjusted we are talking maybe about +$5k? If they aren't close to the Miata/BRZ/Mustang/Camaro price, they might struggle. Especially in 2020+.

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda sad another naturally aspirated car will bite the dust but there are so many 370Z out there to start a project with. I don't even know what a modern Nissan interior looks like. I'll miss the mid 2000's orange glow displays.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
That front! it giving me 240z vibes
fkCDIlDEcvEyKWZp6QYZmV52tPzq7hVjuI8wqqrMs9U.jpg
There was a report a few months back that this is exactly what they were trying to channel.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Glad to see the teaser looks much more like the 240Z (top 5 best looking car of all time) than the 350Z.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
A modern Z inspired by the 240 is one of the few cars that would get me to consider giving up my GTI.

Icepick_1878

Nov 29, 2017
No GT-R in that video.

I think the current GT-R is at the end of its cycle.

www.gtplanet.net

Nissan and Italdesign Reveal $1m GT-R 50 Production Model

Back in June 2018, Nissan and Italdesign came up with a very special birthday gift to themselves. Jointly celebrating 50 years of the Italian design house and the GT-R name, the two brands collaborated on a one-off vehicle: the Nissan GT-R50. After presenting the car at the 2018 Goodwood Festival

They will probably reveal a completely new one after the special edition.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it really needs to be <40k to have a chance

This

Ideally it'll be something that both performs and is priced comparably to the Ford Mustang. The Toyota Supra was always holy shit expensive whereas the Z cars were originally meant for the average person. The 300ZX got away from that and was a pretty big failure. The 350z was a return to form but then the upgraded 370z got really fucking expensive and people quit buying them (especially in light of continuing to get trounced in the HP wars by refusing to update).

If they wanted to chase all the price segments then they should just rebadge some as Infiniti and call it a day because hardly anybody will want to buy a $50k fully loaded Nissan Z car.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
i loved the stylings of the 80s and early 90s 300z. The 350/370 never grabbed me in the same way but this looks promising.

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
Siick. I remember reading somewhere that they want to make it <40K to have a good chance at competing. If they manage that, it's going to be hard to choose between the next 86 and Z for me.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
I hope this is what we really want. A true japanese sports car with stick shift option. Right now we have the 86, Miata, and the Supra, plus the Supra is only half japanese. but they all have some massive shortcomings. Right now I would take the Type-R over any of those. And the Supra is only half japanese.

Oct 29, 2017
Looks like a 240z! Awesome. It's very likely gonna has the same 400 horsepower twin turbo engine in the Q60.

The two things I care about most, please weigh less than 3000lbs, and of course include a manual transmission.

How much do you all think it'll cost? $40k?

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like that market is still great especially with the new Type R, Veloster N, STI and Supra.

Envelope

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the next brz/86 gen will come through, there'll be some real good choices in this segment for the next few years

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
A starting price under $40k would be pretty good. Cheaper than the Supra, but it would be up against the V8 mustang and camaro. It would need something to differentiate it, as it might lose in performance, unless it can keep its weight down.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
Nissan getting it right after so many fuck ups would be great. I almost bought a z years ago and probably will look at it in the future if it becomes reality.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
The Infiniti Q60 Red Sport with the 3.0TT engine is 3,882 to 4,047 lbs.

It's gonna be super heavy if they want to keep the price down since lighter materials are going to cost way more.

I think they'll have to pick two from: weight, price, performance

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
A starting price under $40k would be pretty good. Cheaper than the Supra, but it would be up against the V8 mustang and camaro. It would need something to differentiate it, as it might lose in performance, unless it can keep its weight down.
The Infiniti Q60 Red Sport 400 that the powertrain is rumored to come out of is a 4000lb chonker and it still gets to 60MPH in 4.5 seconds and quarter-mile in 13.3. I'd imagine on a Z car diet that would put it right with the V8 pony cars.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
The Infiniti Q60 Red Sport with the 3.0TT engine is 3,882 to 4,047 lbs.

It's gonna be super heavy if they want to keep the price down since lighter materials are going to cost way more.

I think they'll have to pick two from: weight, price, performance

Well, if its anything like the 350z and g35, they'll be able to save a few hundred pounds by making it shorter. Though even if you take 300lbs out of the 3882 of the Q60, its still heavy.

The Infiniti Q60 Red Sport 400 that the powertrain is rumored to come out of is a 4000lb chonker and it still gets to 60MPH in 4.5 seconds and quarter-mile in 13.3. I'd imagine on a Z car diet that would put it right with the V8 pony cars.

Yeah, the same drivetrain with less weight would work well. Just depends on how much they can lighten it while also keeping it affordable.

Oct 29, 2017
I don't imagine they're gonna do a shitty ass interior like the 350z again, but I'd be happy with that if it means they put more funds into a lighter car. The 86 doesn't have the nicest materials in its interior and it's still nice enough.

Hell, I'd even be okay with the engine setup that's currently in the Nismo 370z if it meant the car weighed close to 2800lbs. Not to mention I prefer naturally aspirated over turbos.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Awesome. I've never owned one, but I've always loved the the look and the ride of them.

One of my most vivid childhood memories was of my dad trying to buy a car without my mom finding out (this is the early 90s). My mom managed to eavesdrop on an answering machine message from the dealer the day he made the purchase and was mad, but knew she couldn't do much about it, as my dad was constantly complaining about and having to fix his old Sentra. He went to go "shopping" later, and came home with an absolutely stunning, dark red 300ZX 2+2.

Talk about a fucking upgrade.

You, as a kid, must've been fucking ecstatic!

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
The current 370z already weighs 3200lbs. Hopefully it matches that but I can see it going up to 3400. Should drive better than those two even if it's down on power. It's turbo anyways so a tune will surely put it over what the 5.0 and camaro can do.

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
wish wish wish it was sub 30k like the current 370 but i know they have to hit 40 if they really want to compete with the Supra.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
It's likely gonna be aimed at the Supra so I expect $40k. If it is actually 30 to 35k base I'll be very impressed.

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
It's likely gonna be aimed at the Supra so I expect $40k. If it is actually 30 to 35k base I'll be very impressed.
Even at 40k it'll undercut the 4cyl supra. Next 86 is rumored to come out next summer and that'll be around the 30k-35k mark and down on power when compared to the next Z. So if it manages a price tag under 40k it's going to be damn good. Interiors on the newer sentras and altimas is pretty good so let's see how the Z fares.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Def looks to be an S30 and/or S130 inspired car.

Im all in for that, I was hoping they were going back to swooping longer hoods but im guessing overall its driving position and dimensions will be very very similar to the Z34.

Coming with a Twin Turbo V6 is a nice added bonus.
The tail lights really make me think of the ugly ducking.
Datsun-280ZX-S130-Rear-Team_Nostalgic-Chicago-640x427.jpg

P.S I hate that the ugly ducking never got any love.
I inherited a very very clean one from my dad but finding parts for it is an absolute bitch.
Seriously contemplating taking the L28 out and replacing it with an RB something.
Suspension...¡Ay, caramba!