• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
NISA made an announcement that they're having an announcement panel at PAX 2020. In the newsletter they sent out they mentioned this.

qm2zd3d8rcut73ucdak-mtkjgd.png

Friday, January 17
PAX South Panel Host @ 12:30 PM PST
SECRET STREAM following panel @ 1:35 PM PST
DURANTE REDDIT AMA: 1:30 PM PST

Last edited:

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't be surprised in the least after how well the first 2 games were received on PC.

Gumbie

Oct 28, 2017
Durante was talking about working on a jrpg pc port that would be coming in Spring 2020...

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The press mail I just got from NISA about this upcoming event says that it will "cover information that has never been revealed, along with new announcements to be made".

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't be surprised in the least after how well the first 2 games were received on PC.
Well, yeah. Trails started out as a PC franchise, and every other game before CS3 and 4 was released on it, minus no JP PC release of Ao.

Pretty sure Falcom wants to see every game in the series on PC eventually (safe to conclude that it'll end up the only way to play all of them in one place).

Last edited:

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone whose played it, is CS4 the conclusion to the story ? or still leave room for more games ?
Also haven't played it, but do know that CS4 is the conclusion to the Erebonia arc that started with CS1, but not the story of Trails in general. The next game is already in development, but details about characters and where it'll take place haven't been confirmed yet, only speculation.

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone whose played it, is CS4 the conclusion to the story ? or still leave room for more games ?

It's quite literally the "end of saga," it's the end of the Erebonian saga, though it has been teased that a follow up game in the style of the 3rd, but for the CS saga will be next as a way to branch to the Calvard game.

We'll probably know more tomorrow when the Falcom shareholder meeting happens.

OP
OP
Yunyo

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
So Durante how ya doin? You wouldn't happen to be planning on enjoying some Texas BBQ a month from now, would you? ;)

Amakuni

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great news if true, more people definitely need to play this game. Hopefully NISA will give this the same treatment Xseed gave the PC ports of the previous games, particularly additionally dubbed lines.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't played CS4, but as far as I know, CS4 is the end of the erebonian arc, and Falcom already showed concepts for the next new "arc".
Also haven't played it, but do know that CS4 is the conclusion to the Erebonia arc that started with CS1, but not the story of Trails in general. The next game is already in development, but details about characters and where it'll take place haven't been confirmed yet, only speculation.
It's quite literally the "end of saga," it's the end of the Erebonian saga, though it has been teased that a follow up game in the style of the 3rd, but for the CS saga will be next as a way to branch to the Calvard game.

We'll probably know more tomorrow when the Falcom shareholder meeting happens.

Perfect.

It was kinda bummer to see both the 2nd and 3rd games end in cliffhangers

PAX website
OP
OP
Yunyo

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
From the PAX website. Funnily enough, they edited out Killer7, but not CS3 (Killer7 was already released on PC).

capture213ky4.png

Some poor intern who doesn't even know what a video game is is probably flailing right now.

TK_Shrodes

Sega of America
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
San Mateo, CA
The focus of the panel is about the process of porting to consoles and PC. We're going to have a lot of announcements at the panel.

This isn't a "leak", we literally sent out a press blast to tell people about this panel. Unless we somehow galaxy brain-ing our own panel that we paid for and wrote the description to.

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
The focus of the panel is about the process of porting to consoles and PC. We're going to have a lot of announcements at the panel.

This isn't a "leak", we literally sent out a press blast to tell people about this panel. Unless we somehow galaxy brain-ing our own panel that we paid for and wrote the description to.
Gonna announce a release date?

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Every time I see a Cold Steel thread I hold my breath for a CS4 announcement...

Great news for people who were waiting on this though!

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Special guest at a panel for PC porting screams Durante for me. But yay, a PC port soon, I'll buy CSIII day 1.

dagger

Nov 21, 2017
hEn0oPG.jpg

although, after learning one should ideally play the crossbell games before going into trails of cold steel iii and iv, it might be a while before i actually play it.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
It makes sense, more than the Switch port, all the previous games are available on PC so it's the best place to continue the saga.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think everyone here is misreading the title of this panel:

It's "Publishing: From Console to PC" - as in, publishing games for all platforms, from consoles to PC and everything in between.

The description simply says: "NIS America (Disgaea series) will be taking a magnifying glass to the process and challenges that goes into porting popular franchises like Trails of Cold Steel III..."

We already know they're porting Trails of Cold Steel III---to Switch. It doesn't say they're porting to PC anywhere there.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Good news but
Will only buy if Durante is doing it.
No joke - his work is beyond stellar and instabuy territory for me!

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
Well I'm very curious to hear what they have to say about porting to PC, considering their history with PC ports. I really wanna see them turn things around in that area but they've been slowing down a lot when it comes to PC support, it's hard to get excited with NISA.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Durante was also teasing that the JRPG he is working on will get a announcement in january with a spring release date.

Last edited:

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017

Please announce Cold Steel IV is coming. We need it.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
I took OP's title as someone leaked the pc port like to play and was like oh shit

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
From the PAX website. Funnily enough, they edited out Killer7, but not CS3 (Killer7 was already released on PC).

capture213ky4.png

Some poor intern who doesn't even know what a video game is is probably flailing right now.

Oh, i totally missed the special guest part. With that im 100% sold that it will be durante who will announce the CS3 port at the event himself haha.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018

I think everyone here is misreading the title of this panel:

It's "Publishing: From Console to PC" - as in, publishing games for all platforms, from consoles to PC and everything in between.

The description simply says: "NIS America (Disgaea series) will be taking a magnifying glass to the process and challenges that goes into porting popular franchises like Trails of Cold Steel III..."

We already know they're porting Trails of Cold Steel III---to Switch. It doesn't say they're porting to PC anywhere there.

So are people going to ignore these...or...