• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

atomsk

Oct 28, 2017
I've been so close to importing since the price kept dropping, but held out hope SOMEONE would pick this up.

One of my favorite game series, so hype.

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
Was in Japan the past couple weeks and was really close to picking it up, figuring it wouldn't get localized. Happy I held off. Love the first one.

Deleted member 54320

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 28, 2019
London
YES. YESSSSSSSSSS.

I bloody love this series. Disaster Report and Raw Danger are in my group of favourite PS2 games. Can't wait to play this.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Good get for NISA.

Between Falcom, Kadokawa, FuRyu, indies/Touhou and now Granzella, I'm starting to think maybe they actually could survive without NIS. Shame about losing SNK though.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I heard this game didn't run so hot on the PS4. wonder if they fixed that for the switch port

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I will give NISA money for literally anything right now. We need them to survive independent of NIS.

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Hope you all enjoy it. As a big fan of the original games this one really disappointed me unfortunately

cnrm

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping that the Steam version is being internally developed by Granzella. For games NIS America licenses, when they add platforms that Japan didn't originally have, they occasionally defer porting to their Japan-based sister company Entertainment Support rather than commission the original developers (but sometimes the original developers do handle ports, it varies). Ys VIII for PC (and Nintendo Switch) was developed by ES; both ports weren't great and it burnt me out on future NISA releases, frankly. But I'm hoping this isn't the case here, because Granzella has a Steam version of R-Type Final 2 on their slate for example (in addition to the other platforms).

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
Good get for NISA.

Between Falcom, Kadokawa, FuRyu, indies/Touhou and now Granzella, I'm starting to think maybe they actually could survive without NIS. Shame about losing SNK though.
Seeing how Bad NIS games sell in Japan (relative to other devs and their newest game has gotten a very low score from Famitsu), isn't NISA the only thing keeping NIS in business?

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Yeeeeeeesssss! I'm so excited for this!

Raw Danger is one of those games I randomly picked up at an EB when I'd regularly go and pick out the weirdest looking games I could find, based entirely on how bad the cover was. I got a ton of awful games, but every so often I'd run across something like Raw Danger and it would all be worth it. What a gem.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Seeing how Bad NIS games sell in Japan (relative to other devs and their newest game has gotten a very low score from Famitsu), isn't NISA the only thing keeping NIS in business?
Yes but there's some worry NIS might go under now due to Disgaea RPG mobile bombing. People have floated the idea NISA might be able to keep going without them since they're pretty profitable.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Rather enjoyed the PS2 game I played, although I'm worried about this individual game's quality due to the low budget & turbulent development.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
So this has PSVR support it seems?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QQjskzvnFs

Oh the official site has it as well

Disaster Report 4: Summer Memories - Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PC - April 7, 2020

Disaster Report 4: Summer Memories is a 3D survival action-adventure game that pulls the player into a realistic depiction of a major disaster occurring in a modern Japanese city. The player is tasked with making choices that affect the outcome of their life and the lives of other survivors.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I've always had a soft spot for these games. I still own Disaster Report and Raw Danger on PS2. Even though the games were a little janky, the concept was extremely cool and was enough to carry me through both games. Bring it on!

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
Yes but there's some worry NIS might go under now due to Disgaea RPG mobile bombing. People have floated the idea NISA might be able to keep going without them since they're pretty profitable.
I wonder how that would work since NIS does have a number of IPs (the Disgaea one being the most prominent one), would the just make NISA the main branch (isn't this of what happened with Service Games and the Japanese branch just took over the company) but then who would make the games?

Are they likely just doing to keep doing what they are doing since NIS can lose money but NISA can make up for it by localizing that title and make up the difference?

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Hoping that the Steam version is being internally developed by Granzella. For games NIS America licenses, when they add platforms that Japan didn't originally have, they occasionally defer porting to their Japan-based sister company Entertainment Support rather than commission the original developers (but sometimes the original developers do handle ports, it varies). Ys VIII for PC (and Nintendo Switch) was developed by ES; both ports weren't great and it burnt me out on future NISA releases, frankly. But I'm hoping this isn't the case here, because Granzella has a Steam version of R-Type Final 2 on their slate for example (in addition to the other platforms).
The Switch port of Ys VIII was developed internally at NIS by the Disgaea team. ES might have assisted but credit check it and the core programmers are all Disgaea vets. I'd guess NIS took it internal because it was such an important release for them.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
I never thought this was ever going to get localized. I'm really glad I managed to hold off on importing it.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
Do they have a Disaster report with an alien invasion? I always feel like this series would have potential with one of those. Where you have to struggle through an alien invasion, rather than being a hero protag who stop the invasion.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome, awesome news! While I haven't beaten the Japanese version yet (real life intereffered and then some other games did and I have a hard time picking games up again after I had to take a break from them, but I will eventually beat it before the English version comes out for sure!), I'm very happy to see this is finally getting localized. I will gladly double dip and buy the PC version (the framerate on the original PS4 is really bad sadly). I'm a big fan of the series and while Disaster Report 4 is not as good as the first two games, it's still a fun game. Typical for Granzella (or the series in general) you get a lot of different options in the many dialogue scenes with some being outright ridiculously hilarious. This (and the scenario in general) is where the game shines the most I would say. The game itself focuses more on the adventure aspect rather having a lot of action set pieces or survival mechanics (they are in the game, but you can ignore most of them if you want, it's up to you), especially compared to the first two games I would say. I wonder if the DLC episode will be included as well. Based on the trailer I don't think they were able to license the official theme song for the game though.

Thank you, NISA!

cnrm

Oct 25, 2017
ES might have assisted but credit check it and the core programmers are all Disgaea vets.
In hindsight this is true but conversely ES credits themselves with development for both SKUs on their site so I wouldn't be surprised if they were involved implicitly (or if staff is shared/transferred since ES is a subsidiary of NIS); the Switch version experienced pretty similar glitches that the PC version had (such as untranslated text happening in the exact same places, or otherwise broken text in the exact same places) which suggests to me it might have been based on the PC code. At least I'm pretty sure that didn't happen on PS4, but I might be incorrect.

Last edited:

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
beside running around, what do you do in this game? The trailer doesn't really show much

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
I just recently played Raw Danger! like yesterday, which is a favorite of my best friend, and holy shit that game is hilarious. You can do a lot of different actions and they often change the course of the story or gameplay. It's honestly quite remarkable. So, having learned that this is the fourth iteration of the series which includes Raw Danger!, my excitement has gotten significantly higher. Definitely looking forward to this and hope the series didn't look its awkward humor.

Alanood

Oct 27, 2017
What's this game exactly about gameplay wise? I can only imagine it as a walking simulator (kinda?).