• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chary

Mar 15, 2018
GBAtemp
Hold on hold on. Did the NISA panel screenshots say "The legacy of heroes"? What?? Did they change the series name, too?

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know for a fact when did the additional crew (Britanny/etc) join the project instead of just based off the hearsay that they came in super late as a fixer-upper?
other than that one insider tweet and some deduction, nothing concrete. It really should be asked. With brittany she either just came on board recently (since sh hasnt been gone from XSEED long), or her departure from XSEED was a result of a conflict of interest for working with nisa.

Considering Ys VIII debacle wasnt that long ago, but they had to have the license quite a while ago, we can guarantee these people weren't brought on for the start of this project.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well, having Brittany in charge of the dub again means at least the voices will be decent even if everything else is trash.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Hold on hold on. Did the NISA panel screenshots say "The legacy of heroes"? What?? Did they change the series name, too?
They don't know what the name of the series actually is (not well enough to keep from fucking it up).

That's why nobody wanted it to go to NISA. Prepare yourself for tons of that shit, even with their "advisers".

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017

i think the person who did the slides is also the person who does a lot of the social media stuff. this person is also the person who organizes and plans all of the events. if that's the case, you get legacy of heroes and trials of cold steel because they're working two jobs. i don't know that for a fact though. i just know the responsibilities of the people in the marketing team and that the person who does their social media also is their events planner, who had to do the heavy lifting/organization for pax south as a whole.

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really really don't get this. Game has like at least 8 or 9 months till release. Have some faith.

Motivational music.

I'll reserve my faith energy for things that actually deserves it.

With NISA only concrete, real proof is valid at this point.

I think it's pretty obvious she was under an NDA till today. We don't know how long she's been working on it, only that she didn't update her resume till today.

You don't put a message looking for work if you have actual work, even if you are under NDA.

shimon

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone tell NISA the name of the game they've been working on for a year now? Thanks!

smh...

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When you're freelance, you're always looking for work, i would think.

Considering the work Brittany is getting as dub director and casting + editting, I would think her daily working hours to be fulfilled entirely from this job. Is not unusual for freelancers to get one big project which requires all their focus for a considerable amount of time.

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017
Excitement aside (and being super happy for Hatsuu), NISA can say all the right stuff but it all depends on how the final project comes out

Shit's going to slip through, no question.
It will be a trial to get through a ToCS III playthrough and a subpar localization may well be its legacy, but hey... at least it's finally coming out in English, right?

Generally during post patch, localizations do get cleaned up with fixes/etc. on stuff they missed. Just gotta hope it's nothing too major that can't be fixed post release without a relocalization. At the very least, we can expect consistency with previous entries and great voice directing (and acting assuming they bring as many people as they can back)

Oct 25, 2017
Your nose is in the air why? This isn't high literature. This series is big anime eyes with decent lore and good gameplay. Calm down.

Are you not familiar with NISA? and you absolutely do not appreciate the love and care that Xseed has put on the series, that's for sure. Saying it has "decent" lore and using "anime eyes" to make is seem lesser says a lot anyways.

I will be skeptical until we have the game. NISA doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt at all.

Some of us will actually continue to care about proper localizations and celebrate said works.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Did I miss the livestream? What did they announce regarding localization?
unknown.png
I think they said something like "Brittany is doing a lot of editing for us and is key person is casting and recording."

Check the video at 1 hour 2 minutes mark:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/365854344

Deleted member 46958

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Are you not familiar with NISA? and you absolutely do not appreciate the love and care that Xseed has put on the series, that's for sure. Saying it has "decent" lore and using "anime eyes" to make is seem lesser says a lot anyways.

I will be skeptical until we have the game. NISA doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt at all.

Ys 8 turned out less than ideal.

However, didn't a certain someone order an entire overhaul of the translation? He did. And it happened. And after all that, everything was OK.

That shouldn't have happened. but it did. Still picking this up and will see if this is an Ys 8 incident all over.

If so, I'll hold off until it's fixed. A companies screw ups aren't keeping me from picking this up. It'll still be a good time. Taking this stuff so seriously is lame and ridiculous. Just look at this thread.

Oct 25, 2017
Ys 8 turned out less than ideal.

However, didn't a certain someone order an entire overhaul of the translation? He did. And it happened. And after all that, everything was OK.

That shouldn't have happened. but it did. Still picking this up and will see if this is an Ys 8 incident all over.

If so, I'll hold off until it's fixed. A companies screw ups aren't keeping me from picking this up. It'll still be a good time. Taking this stuff so seriously is lame ridiculous. Just look at this thread.

Let's wait for the game to come out first.

I'd like to think that they know they shouldn't fuck this up again but you never know.

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
That's on me. Too many late nights working on all the setup for this. Please don't put that on the Loc team. That's on us (marketing) and we never touch the script.
See, a lot of the time this is all we ask. Communication. Thank you for taking a moment to post this.

I just want NISA put more effort into building customer trust and good will, preferably through better quality assurance, because that's sorely what's lacking, and NISA's track record does it no favors. We want these games to succeed.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Im checked out of the series at this point but im still kinda glad for it that it managed to keep going and getting localised releases.

Soran

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hatsuu <3 I'm not even mad since I had lost hope when Hatsuu and Tom left XSeed.

Also, any Nightwolve reaction yet?

Erpy

May 31, 2018
I imagine that if they planned to announce a PC port, they would have done so at the press release yesterday and not wait until the panel. Meaning that if they plan to release one, we won't be hearing about it until much later.

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're hopefully spending time figuring out plans for a strong PC port this time around. PC and Switch seem inevitable given the resources NISA has.

They worked on this for quite some time, they would have figured it by now if there was a real intention. Switch is clear the most likely candidate, since NISA has quite success in the platform. Seems for NISA PC is too much of a hassle to bother, seeing how much they slowed down their releases from some time to now.

For me is not coming until proven otherwise. I'll wait one year or so, if not I'll get it on PS4.

preta

Oct 25, 2017
Is this a good point to jump in in the franchise? I'm curious about it.
Not at all. This is a direct sequel to Cold Steel II, which is a direct sequel to Cold Steel, and it also draws heavily from the two prior arcs of the series - the Trails in the Sky trilogy and the Crossbell (Zero/Ao) duology.

Oniletter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So the PC dream is dead? This is PS4 only?
It will obviously come to PC and Switch.

Read the room. They don't want to repeat the same mistakes they made with Ys VIII. Both will be announced when their respective ports are in good shape and they know they can hit a release date without delays so the hate squad doesn't lose it's head again.