• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1y0ybw1.png

Erpy

May 31, 2018
Yikes, that IS a major relief. Assuming they give her time to work her magic and don't cut corners. That does make me wonder...did Brittany get fired from XSeed for violating a non-competition clause?

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Great news. The ps4 in the west has turned into n insane platform for Japanese titles. Hopefully this trend continues onto the ps5.

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely still worried af about the translation, but hopefully they can still put out a decent product in the end.

Pedetemptim

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If I heard them correctly, Kris is the only one directly participating in the editing process. Ryan is a lore consultant, and Brittany is involved with the dub. Still a great haul for NISA.

EDIT: I didn't hear them correctly. As asd202 pointed out, Brittany edits as well.

Last edited:

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
They didn't really touch on the crossbell games specifically, but they did mention that CS III is the convergence point for past arcs which weren't even localized.

Chary

Mar 15, 2018
GBAtemp
Me before Brittany was revealed: COLD STILL IS DEAD
Me now: COLD STEEL LIVES.

Bless. If anyone can save a NISA translation it's them.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Glad to hear Brittany's on it. Felt bad for her back when it seemed like she'd been randomly dropped by XSEED.

Already pre-ordered. I'm so weak.

mattneil8

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
Pretty much confirms what the tweet said. Too little too late.

Yup. I'm glad she's on the project but it's going to be a lot of work considering NISA's low standards. Wonder if she still had access to the series bible xseed put together.

Game is still wait for a sale for me even though I love the series... I just have problems with supporting NISA.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm missing something? Dosn't that image just says "lore support"?
That's my understanding, yeah.
At least we know all lore and terminology is in good hands, and I'm happy to know Brittany has work lined up.

I guess the remaining concern is every other aspect of dialogue and characters, because I always found the previous games absolutely nailed their characters voices, in that they were consistent and sounded genuine.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If Brittany started working said, 2 weeks ago, how much time left does she have before the launch of the game?

Oct 25, 2017
so brittany only working on lore support and the lead editor is danganronpa v3...wow, I have even less faith than yesterday

and they cant even get the games name right...again

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Nov 15, 2017
Brittany is probably just mainly handling the voices so it doesn't really matter if she only started working if dubbing has only just started

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Lore-calisation Support. It's a pun.
But that's mainly their only role. The bulk of the translation was already done before they even came on board (they're just there for a few months to try to fix the worst of it).

Brittany's only there for the dub (and we already knew that thanks to Sean's tweet).

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
If Brittany started working said, 2 weeks ago, how much time left does she have before the launch of the game?
The game has voice acting and a huge script so the deadline for locking down the main story part of the script has probably either already passed or is very close. They might have more time for the non voiced parts like sidequests and NPC dialogue.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The game has voice acting and a huge script so the deadline for locking down the main story part of the script has probably either already passed or is very close. They might have more time for the non voiced parts like sidequests and NPC dialogue.

Having Brittany over dubbing is a good thing here, since she will probably fix the glaring mistakes on the fly.

Her being involved at all is a good sign, she is ridiculously passionate.

Also wonder if she will be able to push for the extra voice acting like CS1 and 2.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Do we know for a fact when did the additional crew (Britanny/etc) join the project instead of just based off the hearsay that they came in super late as a fixer-upper?

Pedetemptim

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
One thing I really liked is that they didn't try to downplay the importance of Crossbell. They highlighted it, if anything. I think something really is brewing on that front.

Nov 15, 2017
Do we know for a fact when did the additional crew (Britanny/etc) join the project instead of just based off the hearsay that they came in super late as a fixer-upper?

Have you seen Brittany's tweets? It's pretty obvious just based on that.

Granted it's also possible that her involvement with the project was just so minimal that it barely counted as a job.