• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017

So yeah, I guess this was their teased PAX announcement maybe? Looks like they're releasing Psikyo Collections Vol. 1, 2, and 3 in NA and EU, now as two collections of six games, rather than three collections of four games.

Games:

Alpha:
Strikers 1945, Strikers 1945 II, Strikers 1945 III, Sol Divide, Dragon Blaze, and Zero Gunner 2.

Bravo:
Samurai Aces Episode I, Samurai Aces Episode II: Tengai, Samurai Aces Episode III: Sengoku Cannon, Gunbarich, Gunbird, and Gunbird 2.

How big are these? I'd think making it one with all 12 games would've been more ideal, but that's just me.

Last edited:

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
If they're physical like in Japan, I'm in. I have a Flip Grip on the way as we speak, so this would be great.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
If they're physical like in Japan, I'm in. I have a Flip Grip on the way as we speak, so this would be great.

99% yes. Every game NISA has published on Switch to date has been physical in some fashion in retail stores. Here are both games as they should appear on their store:

5aad1e13-f052-4f2b-a0nbkno.png
b4baaaa9-b002-4547-985ykqi.png

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Gematsu said they are up on the store with a link, but clearly they aren't yet.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I got the 3x4 Asia physical releases so I'm probably good.

Curious to know if each of these is getting 1 switch icon or 6 switch icons though. They changed to individual game icons for the third collection and it bugs the shit out of me.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Good shit.

I got two of the import collections off ebay a while ago for a really good price, so I'm not sure if I need this, but I like it.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Store links seem to be dead. Anyone know the price for each collection?

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
They're up now on NISA Store.

But they only have them as Limited Editions, & are selling them for $60 each.

I'll pass. I can go on Amazon Japan or Play-Asia & easily get the standard editions of the Japanese versions of these collections for between $30 to $37 apiece, both volumes (under "Psikyo Shooting Library").

Last edited:

Curler

Oct 26, 2017

I'll pass. I can go on Amazon Japan or Play-Asia & easily get the standard editions of the Japanese versions of these collections for between $30 to $37 apiece, both volumes (under "Psikyo Shooting Library").

It's possible that they might only be sold physically here as an LE.

TK_Shrodes

Sega of America
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
San Mateo, CA

It's an announcement but not the one alluded to. PAX will have a DIFFERENT announcement yet to come!

I got the 3x4 Asia physical releases so I'm probably good.

Curious to know if each of these is getting 1 switch icon or 6 switch icons though. They changed to individual game icons for the third collection and it bugs the shit out of me.

1 Switch icon. Launcher. No shortcuts here!

There's 3 volumes of 4 games through the SEA version versus 2 volumes of 6 games + the bonuses for our version (sort of a wash, price wise). The Standard Edition of these games is a traditional Special Edition (much like how we did Lapis x Labyrinth and Liar Princess).

wow, i'm actually glad i waited.

i wish there was a play to play the DC version of Gunbird 2.

My actual first question when I first heard about it. ~_~ Morrigan!

Confirmed to work with Flip Grip! TATE mode at your fingertips! (I mean, available for everyone, but Flip Grip makes it extra comfy~)

If ya'll are looking for some cool interviews from 1997 from Psikyo devs at the time I ran across this translated article while doing research on the titles.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
It's an announcement but not the one alluded to. PAX will have a DIFFERENT announcement yet to come!

1 Switch icon. Launcher. No shortcuts here!

There's 3 volumes of 4 games through the SEA version versus 2 volumes of 6 games + the bonuses for our version (sort of a wash, price wise). The Standard Edition of these games is a traditional Special Edition (much like how we did Lapis x Labyrinth and Liar Princess).

My actual first question when I first heard about it. ~_~ Morrigan!

Confirmed to work with Flip Grip! TATE mode at your fingertips! (I mean, available for everyone, but Flip Grip makes it extra comfy~)

If ya'll are looking for some cool interviews from 1997 from Psikyo devs at the time I ran across this translated article while doing research on the titles.

Was it ever considered to make it one collection with all 12 games?

And thanks for dropping by to answer questions! Really looking forward to the PAX announcement! :D

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
So this is just a physical release of what is available digitally? They are not repackaging them into bundles digitally? I still need to buy then.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
Was never in the cards!

Shame. But I guess you have to consider:

- File/cart size
- Cost of the game itself

Meaning if 12 games are quite chunky (these aren't 8-bit SNK games after all!), then that could require at least... an 8GB card, MAYBE 16GB? If these are supposed to be reasonably cheap, then maybe the profit margin would not be that high.

Though you say you're selling these as special editions only at retail like Laps and Liar Princess, that's like $40 USD or $50 CDN right? Well, you have to consider balancing the cost of the bonus goodies as well.

I'm just thankful it's 2 collections of 6 and not 3 of 4! :P

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
40 usd to ship to Canada

Fuck this, Nisa is absolutely horrible to deal with. It sucks because I wanted those soundtracks

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
40 usd to ship to Canada

Fuck this, Nisa is absolutely horrible to deal with. It sucks because I wanted those soundtracks

Aren't most places expensive to ship up to Canada in general? I don't think a lot of companies really get that good of global shipping deals... Even VGP ships their US sold goods from an address across the border.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Aren't most places expensive to ship up to Canada in general? I don't think a lot of companies really get that good of global shipping deals... Even VGP ships their US sold goods from an address across the border.
Nisa is more egregious

They are now on par with Analog in the overcharging department.

Even LRG fixed their shit about it

TK_Shrodes

Sega of America
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
San Mateo, CA
That's good news. I can see why one might want to do it that way I just hate all of the icons coming to the front of my icon list if I'm only going to be playing one.

All I can say is "First party compliance."

ToraShiro is it releasing on eshop in NA?

Yup! And like LxL and Liar Princess, the digital version will be offered for less.

Those games have all been released on the eshop individually as far as I know

10/12 of them. And it is more expensive to get them individually, digitally.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
All I can say is "First party compliance."

Yup! And like LxL and Liar Princess, the digital version will be offered for less.

10/12 of them. And it is more expensive to get them individually, digitally.
Right, I'm just saying that most of those games have been out already so a digital version makes less sense since you can pick up the good games and avoid the crappy ones (like the Soul Divide games)