• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Another month, another NIS game for Switch (and PS4)! :P

www.gematsu.com

Nippon Ichi Software announces action RPG Shoujo Jigoku no Doku Musume for PS4, Switch [Update]

Nippon Ichi Software announced Shoujo Jigoku no Doku Musume, an action RPG where there is a hell for every girl, for PlayStation 4 and Switch in the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu. It will launch o…

Well it certainly sounds... graphic (melted arm with the bone exposed... yikes!), but it'll be interesting to see how this turns out. No word if it's 2D or 3D. The character designer if the one from Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 and Princess Knight BTW.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Huh...

A Hell for Every Girl
  • Yumi Moriyasu – The hell of a girl who turned reality to ashes.
  • Mahoro Hiiragi – The hell of a girl who died without fulfilling her promise to a friend.
  • Yoshie Nanasaki – The hell of a girl entranced by a curse.
  • Misao Mizuki – The hell of a girl who loves erotic books.

That last one... o.O

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am sure the art will be great and the first thread about the art won't be locked.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
I feel like those days every game from NIS not called Disgaea fall in the "sounds interesting but ends up being mediocre" category.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like those days every game from NIS not called Disgaea fall in the "sounds interesting but ends up being mediocre" category.
I mean, you're not really wrong outside of Coven and The Labyrinth of Refrain (and that straight up was the Disgaea team basically).

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Another month, another NIS game for Switch (and PS4)! :P

www.gematsu.com

Nippon Ichi Software announces action RPG Shoujo Jigoku no Doku Musume for PS4, Switch [Update]

Nippon Ichi Software announced Shoujo Jigoku no Doku Musume, an action RPG where there is a hell for every girl, for PlayStation 4 and Switch in the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu. It will launch o…

Well it certainly sounds... graphic (melted arm with the bone exposed... yikes!), but it'll be interesting to see how this turns out. No word if it's 2D or 3D. The character designer if the one from Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 and Princess Knight BTW.

Considering the last bit about using TPS mechanics I would assume 3D...

a glitch

Dec 12, 2018
Wasn't NIS in a pretty bad way financially quite recently? I remember reading that they were struggling to pay their workers... if so then I'm surprised they're trying a new IP instead of rushing a new Disgaea game out.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
www.resetera.com

A mysterious new Japanese, spec-pushing acton game for Switch is coming, we just don't know who's behind it yet

So yeah this popped up from CoroCoro (thanks Lite_Agent!). Supposedly there's also artwork (google translating that) so there's some sort of visual present, but how does this not have even a copyright mention to identify the dev/publisher? Also this sounds very much like the long delayed...

So is this one?
Preeetty sure it isn't. :P This was posted by the source a couple hours prior BTW.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
I mean I personally count Disgaea among that category :P and this...

Huh...

A Hell for Every Girl
  • Yumi Moriyasu – The hell of a girl who turned reality to ashes.
  • Mahoro Hiiragi – The hell of a girl who died without fulfilling her promise to a friend.
  • Yoshie Nanasaki – The hell of a girl entranced by a curse.
  • Misao Mizuki – The hell of a girl who loves erotic books.

That last one... o.O

....sounds no different at all based on that description.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
Scans are out BTW. It is 3D, with some shots in an overhead perspective and some more in 3rd-person? It's also very pink. :P Cel-shaded too. It does show one screen (or art?) that's at night in a blue tone with flowers that actually gives me Fragile Dreams vibes.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
So uh
Is there any images?
Gameplay? Logo? Trailer?
Anything?
Exactly my thinking. I'm not questioning the idea of posting about a game announcement, since it counts as new news, but the very best case scenario for me when there's zero media available is that I'll go "Oh, that sounds cool" and move on.

Like, throw us a bone here. A logo and concept art should be the bare minimum for an announcement.

Edit: Oh, the article has one "key visual." That's like one tiny increment above nothing at all, but OK.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Scans are out BTW. It is 3D, with some shots in an overhead perspective and some more in 3rd-person? It's also very pink. :P Cel-shaded too. It does show one screen (or art?) that's at night in a blue tone with flowers that actually gives me Fragile Dreams vibes.
It kind of looks like Ultra Despair Girls o.O
Exactly my thinking. I'm not questioning the idea of posting about a game announcement, since it counts as new news, but the very best case scenario for me when there's zero media available is that I'll go "Oh, that sounds cool" and move on.

Like, throw us a bone here. A logo and concept art should be the bare minimum for an announcement.
Here's the key art from retailers (courtesy of Gematsu):

Shoujo-Jigoku-no-Doku-Musume-Visual_03-11-20-600x753.jpg

Can't link screens because they're scans. The character image on their website is eugh-tier:

Dokumusume-Teaser-Website_03-12-20.jpg

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
It kind of looks like Ultra Despair Girls o.O

Here's the key art from retailers:

Shoujo-Jigoku-no-Doku-Musume-Visual_03-11-20-600x753.jpg

Can't link screens because they're scans. The character image on their website is eugh-tier:

Dokumusume-Teaser-Website_03-12-20.jpg
Thank you. The art style isn't for me, but at least this isn't a plain text announcement like I thought initially.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Wouldn't the Hell of a girl who like erotic books just be no lewd allow?

Or would it be a hell with very bad lewds?

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017

www.gematsu.com

Shoujo Jigoku no Doku Musume debut trailer, details, and screenshots

Nippon Ichi Software has released the first trailer, information, and screenshots for Shoujo Jigoku no Doku Musume, its newly announced action RPG for PlayStation 4 and Switch where there is a hell…

We got a trailer and screens!

And *gasp*, SWITCH FOOTAGE! :D

Which was a surprise as the Famitsu scans, plus the screens in the article show the PS4 buttons, but sure enough, it's the Switch version in the trailer. That's awesome! :D

Also, there's clear Splatoon influence, even some of the girls have Inkling-esc designs to them (see the hair and headphones).

Suicide King

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad NIS garnered enough money from the very expensive mobile port of Disgaea to greenlight new pedophilia simulators.