• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I'm still planning to play the original version on Steam....since i tend to play multiple versions of games :P

Great this is coming to the west and on PC too.

cnrm

Oct 25, 2017
According to the Steam page these ports are being developed by Netherlands-based studio Codeglue. I assume they're doing the Nintendo Switch version too.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
I had actually kind of forgotten about Saviors/Blue Winged Chevalier, was more focused on Yomi wo Saku Hana (which I assume we'll get down the line).

Gotta love NISA's Switch focus though, I assume they're the ones who pushed for this. And Stranger is a great game as well.

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
Is this Savior of Sapphire Wings a new game? I can't find anything on it.
Also, never played Stranger of Sword City or any other Experience Inc games for that matter. Are these worth it? I feel like I'll need some new drpgs on Switch when I'll be done with Etrian Odyssey (which is one of my favourite rpg series) on 3ds

Derkon

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome, didn't think we'd get Blue Winged Chevalier. I've been waiting for SoSC:Revisted to go on sale for the Vita but never has, guess it's a good thing I waited heh.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is this Savior of Sapphire Wings a new game? I can't find anything on it.
Also, never played Stranger of Sword City or any other Experience Inc games for that matter. Are these worth it? I feel like I'll need some new drpgs on Switch when I'll be done with Etrian Odyssey (which is one of my favourite rpg series) on 3ds

It's the localised name for a game that is Vita exclusive in Japan; Blue-Winged Chevalier.

Karsha

May 1, 2020
Was that PSP game Unbeatable Ranger VS Some evil dude ever released on other consoles? I remember playing it and thought it was great

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I remember Sword City being called just annoyingly difficult.

Oct 26, 2017
According to the Steam page these ports are being developed by Netherlands-based studio Codeglue. I assume they're doing the Nintendo Switch version too.

LOL nice! They did Corpse Party Blood Drive on Switch and are doing the localization of Zoids Wild: Blast Unleashed for Switch also! I knew they could follow in Engine Software's footsteps and be another JP game port studio for Switch, I just didn't think NISA would be the one to do this as they have Engine on speed dial with all of their Falcom and upcoming Prinny Switch ports. :P

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I have the limited edition of Stranger of Sword City for Vita still sealed. I'll probably get these two and play this version of Sword City, whenever I do. I assume this will be the definitive edition of the game.

Was that PSP game Unbeatable Ranger VS Some evil dude ever released on other consoles? I remember playing it and thought it was great

No. Unlosing Ranger hasn't been released on any other system. It's still a PSP exclusive, but it's compatible with Vita, if you buy it digitally from the PSN. They released two PS3 games that, to my understanding, are pretty similar to it, gameplay wise: Guided Fate Paradox and Awakened Fate Ultimatum.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Nice, I thought Sapphire Wings wouldn't get localized since it was a Vita exclusive.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Stranger of Sword City is a fantastic dungeon crawl, loved it.

Is Sapphire Wings similar?

krossj

Dec 4, 2017
yes please, i put around 15 hours into stranger of sword city and enjoyed it but got sidetracked. The creature and a lot of the character art was incredible and i just found out about the sequel the other week but know nothing about it, this is cool!

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, my biggest question now is whether or not the physical edition is exclusive to NISA's store/the limited edition. I'd like a physical copy since I have the X1 version of Stranger which is digital-only, but I'm not sure I can justify limited edition costs.

Ys9 has a regular edition elsewhere but that's Ys.

Mozendo

Oct 25, 2017
Pacific North West
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, I'm so happy.
I've been waiting for the remake of Students of the Round for so long I even pestered NISA about last PAX for a localization, and I've been playing Stranger of Sword City on Vita but I'll def play on Switch.

With this we got all the games connected in the franchise right since we got Saviors, Sword City and both Demon Gaze games?

honorless

Oct 28, 2017
I'm so pleased, I assumed Blue-Winged Chevalier Saviors of Sapphire Wings would just languish in Japan being such a late Vita exclusive.
Getting SoSC Revisited is a fantastic bonus. I'd planned on getting the Vita version eventually, but between already owning a version of it for the same platform and the fact that it never went on sale I certainly couldn't bring myself to prioritize buying it.

Almost certainly in for the PC version.

ED Cantu

Oct 28, 2017

I'm 90% sure they teased it yesterday with their mid summer greetings card (They did the same with Disgaea 4, D2 and 5)

UAy5eZB_d.webp

So let's wait for TGS.

Deleted member 38706

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 19, 2018
Looks interesting. Definitely in so I could support the devs in porting more of their dungeon crawlers over. Would love to see Demon Gaze and Operation Abyss over. Port all of them Vita games!

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
Sword City is probably my least favorite localized Experience title (never had the chance to play Revisited) but I'm definitely onboard for Blue Winged Chevalier.

Oct 26, 2017
Demon Gaze 1 & 2 on Switch is literally inevitable at this point, so much so that I'm shocked it wasn't sooner nor first!

I just knew both of these ports (in the OP :P) would come to Switch eventually. The former was a really late Vita-exclusive from what, a year or two ago, and the latter was already on a number of platforms and NISA already localized the Vita original. NISA already had a close relationship with Experience and Kadokawa so stuff from Experience popping up on Switch via NISA was inevitable to me as well.

And on that note; with this and Prinny 1 & 2, NISA are legit throwing more weight behind the Switch than the PS4. Never saw that happening in a million years 3-5 years ago.

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
I've been fairly interested in Sword City (and their upcoming game), not sure if the genre is for me but the art is awesome.

Did a mod really ban someone for this? They're asking about NIS' upcoming title in their biggest IP and didn't even mention a platform, how in the world was it port begging?