• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zhao_Yun

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
According to Gematsu NISA has sent a mail to the press teasing two announcements on March 3rd and 5th respectively, but no details otherwise.

www.gematsu.com

NIS America teases announcements for March 3 and 5

NIS America will make two announcements next week—on March 3 and March 5, respectively—the company said in an e-mail sent to press.

My personal guess is that a Ys IX localization will be announced. Game has been out for a while in Japan now so it would be about time. The other one could maybe be Cold Steel IV?

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Cold Steel III's Switch port getting a release date seems like a safe bet

TrishaCat

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Place your bets! I'm guessing its one of these:
  • Labyrinth of Galleria localization
  • Disgaea 4 Complete PC port
  • Trails Crossbell localization
  • Cold Steel 4 localization
  • Ys IX localization
  • Criminal Girls X localization aid
  • Yggdra Union Switch localization
Though as a personal desire, a Bokuhime localization, a PC port of the Witch and the Hundred Knight games, or a PC port of Criminal Girls 2 would be pretty cool.

TrishaCat

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Lol, after the trial that was the first one being localised / the game falling off the face of the earth, I really doubt that one >.<
Did it do poorly? I had a blast with the first one (still haven't beaten it actually) and would argue its one of the best DRPGs out there. Its super meaty a game and I thought it was neat you could even customize flavor text. It'd suck if it didn't do well enough.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Did it do poorly? I had a blast with the first one (still haven't beaten it actually) and would argue its one of the best DRPGs out there. Its super meaty a game and I thought it was neat you could even customize flavor text. It'd suck if it didn't do well enough.
I don't think the localisation did poorly, but it was brought over two years after its initial release. That and Galleria being delayed to an unannounced date followed by radio silence doesn't make it seem like it'll come out any time soon.

It's my favourite NIS game in like a decade, and I was super happy when they finally localised it so more people could play it.
Not happening but gimme that Exile Election localization finally.
It would be cruel forcing it to bomb again :p

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think the localisation did poorly, but it was brought over two years after its initial release. That and Galleria being delayed to an unannounced date followed by radio silence doesn't make it seem like it'll come out any time soon.

It's my favourite NIS game in like a decade, and I was super happy when they finally localised it so more people could play it.

It would be cruel forcing it to bomb again :p

Anihawk said the first game did well on Switch. Of course the sequel is like the only NIS game not being developed for Switch for some reason...

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Too early to announce CS4. 3 isn't even out on all platforms yet.

I expect one to be Ys and the other to not be a Falcom game.

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
You know what that means.

CROSSBELL ONE
and
CROSSBELL TWO

Nah it's probably CSIII Switch release date and some Disgaea ported to some system it's not on.

Abdiel

Oct 28, 2017
Everyone giving their voice to ys ix and CS iv, I salute you! Give me these games. Please.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My dream would be Zero no Kiseki and Ao no Kiseki western port announcement.

But it's probably Ys and CS (either 4 or 3 for Switch)

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Echoing the CS4 and YS IX posts. I already played CS4 but it'd be really bad if NISA doesn't at least manage to get that out this year with the way 3 ends.

OskarXCI

Nov 11, 2018
My bet is on Ys IX.

I think they will wait with a Cold Steel IV announcement until after the Switch and PC release of CS III.

Arcana Wiz

Oct 26, 2017
I would bet that one of them is a Falcom game.

CS IV was released in Sep - 18 (in japan)
YS IX was Sep - 19

So if they folowed the release order it would be CSIV first... BUT Ys is much easier and cheaper to localize than a Trails games, and because Ys doesnt depend on another 3-8 games to fully understand the story its release involves much less headache