• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

tumblr_mfeufbIJ8X1r3xvcyo1_500.gif

Look at my life my friend, I got the right to win
I put the grinding in, even on them nights when the lights was dim
When my hope was low, I found light within
I know it's ups and downs so every loss I took I knew to strike again
And I be saying a lot, that's a priceless gem
And if we living in hell is it alright to sin?
I had a goal to chase, a life to live
I tried to wash my hands, pulled me right back in

Favorite Nipsy track. RIP homie.

Damn, those lyrics really hit hard right now.

Kaizer

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man, RIP to a real one - what a huge loss. I never delved super deep into Nipsey's catalogue, but I always respected his business acumen & how he gave back, invested and tried to uplift the community around him. He will be truly missed.

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RIP

Also, why the fuck can't I see his name anywhere without it being linked to some dude who claimed to cure aids by draining mucus or some shit? He was doing a documentary on this guy?

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Seeing conspiracy theories already on social media suggesting big pharma or the music industry put a hit on him. RIP

Oct 25, 2017
RIP Nipsey, this shit shouldn't have happened.
Doing great work for the community only to get gunned down for fucking what? Clout?
Fuck this world.

Deleted member 21

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I couldn't believe the headlines when I read them. Absolutely terrible, especially considering how amazing he was both as a musician and human being.

RIP Nipsey, we lost a good one with you

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the whole Bloods and Crips was a thing of the past. What's the current power dynamic between the two?

There's been a lot of splintering since the 90s. Gangs still fight over territory, but you'll see intra-gang violence just as much as anything else because of disputes between individual sets.

It's more rare to see killings based on affiliation alone. There's usually some score to settle.

Chromhound

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
And they say it's the white man I should fear
But, it's my own kind doin' all the killin' here -Tupac.

you can't even help your owm community anymore...R.i.p

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Can't be said enough - fuck the hood.
No matter who you are...one dump or jealous fella is enough to destroy everything you been building for.

Being a positive role model for these young dudes probably made him a target for some people.

Still can't believe it....just doesn't make any sense.

breakfuss

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I had just seen that GQ piece with him and Lauren London. Didn't even know they had been together that long. Goddamn sucks.

You know, *no one* deserves this sort of fate. But "you live and die by the sword" sometimes. People may unfortunately invite/attract negative shit into their lives. The thing with him is that he NEVER struck me as that type of dude. Here was someone leveraging his celebrity for better things. Tragic.

base_two

Oct 27, 2017
Rough stuff. He clearly inspired a lot of people and was active in his Community which makes the loss even harder. I'm a big hip hop head but being a little older I'm not always up on some of the newer artists so I was only sort of familiar with his work but what I heard I liked.

God damn shame about all those Dr. Sebi posts all over Twitter though. I'm not sure in what capacity he was planning on working with the guy but he's a fucking quack who said he cured AIDS with his secret blend of all natural plants. Garbage ass dude. Now Twitter is all over this saying the government got him because he was working with the inventor of an AIDS cure. On its own it's disgusting but coupled with the fact that we have too many real world reasons to look at as being responsible for violence like this, it's in even worse taste than usual

That Dr. Sebi stuff is extremely dangerous. His AIDS cure case specifically is catching fire on social media and could turn into harming people, not unlike the anti-vaxxer resurgence. HIV/AIDS denialists are not cool.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
That Dr. Sebi stuff is extremely dangerous. His AIDS cure case specifically is catching fire on social media and could turn into harming people, not unlike the anti-vaxxer resurgence. HIV/AIDS denialists are not cool.
And it feeds right into some of the conspiracy stuff about all this on Twitter. It's a loop and a God damn dangerous one

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
This sucks. Victory Lap is a helluva way to go out though

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People are angry and looking for answers is all. There's no information on a suspect or motive and people are going to fill in the blanks with their own conclusions.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Man this just doesn't make sense... why it'd have to be you out of all people... this one is going to be tough to get through.

LONG LIVE NIP

The Watcher

Oct 29, 2017
I had just seen that GQ piece with him and Lauren London. Didn't even know they had been together that long. Goddamn sucks.

You know, *no one* deserves this sort of fate. But "you live and die by the sword" sometimes. People may unfortunately invite/attract negative shit into their lives. The thing with him is that he NEVER struck me as that type of dude. Here was someone leveraging his celebrity for better things. Tragic.
I know Lauren's family. My aunt is friends with her aunt. I wouldn't be surprised if she's speaking with them right now. And they live in the neighborhood. Shit, my aunt is literally down the street from where Nipsey was shot. I don't know if this was gang affiliated, death by association, or some crabs in a barrel bullshit, but Nipsey Hustle was a good man who was doing great things for the community that my family is apart of. The same community that my nieces and nephew walk was being cultivated by this guy's work and then this shit happens. I hope the shoot(s) is brought to justice because if he's caught by the wrong people there's nothing but evil intentions.

Nivash

Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda crazy. It's one of the least believable conspiracies, especially in light of Nip being gang affiliated. The government ain't bringing the biscuits out over merely a documentary.

Yeah but not surprising. If it's a gang shooting it's a pretty lousy way to die for one, getting shot by some no-name kid most likely. The gang affiliation angle could be seen as throwing shade on Nip too. Having him assassinated by government agents for trying to cure AIDS is a hero's death though. Way more attractive.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Rest in peace. Life is hard enough with a system and culture that is a afraid of young black men. It's made worse still when it happens in the community.

Nov 16, 2017
Of all the people to get murdered they choose the one guy that was really making a difference and trying to give back to the community. Really. Biting the hand that feeds you.

Con_Smith

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Dr. Sebi stuff is annoying. I do feel like this could have been a silence technique if it isn't as simple as it appears to be. Can't do nothing positive in the black community without catching some bullshit unfortunately.

bryehn

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa
I'm not familiar with his music at all, but by every account and some interviews I've seen he seemed like a genuinely good, compassionate dude that did everything he could to give back. Always sad to see someone like that get taken.

CrumbSnatcher

Jan 12, 2018
I live a few blocks away from that section between Victoria and Crenshaw, off of Slauson. I have been trying to understand why he trusted this community so much. Nobody should have been able to get that damn close to him.

Game, Snoop, YG, and others learned early on, there's always a, element of the hood that do not love you. They are not inspired, they do not admire you for your accomplishments.

RIP Nip. I haven't felt like this since Pac.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
And it feeds right into some of the conspiracy stuff about all this on Twitter. It's a loop and a God damn dangerous one

This conspiricist shit is getting out of hand. Saw people retweeting some post about how 'It's a military style shooting. 6 bullets and 1 too the head thats how they train the military!!'. Like i don't know much about military training, but im pretty sure its all about conserving bullets and not aiming for the smallest part of the body like....

What kinda shit is this.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I think we're going to find out (if we ever do) that this was just some altercation or something that escalated due a person on one side being a complete moron with a total lack of moral compass or character. I mean, I get why people peddle these kinds of conspiracies, same thing with 2pac, nobody wants to believe that someone who had accomplished so much, who had elevated themselves onto a pedestal into the eye of many, could be cut down in such a senseless fashion. Nobody wants to believe these guys could just be another statistic. I mean, I get it, it feels like such a waste, like it always does. Like it did with Pac, and Biggie, and Proof, and Big L, ect...that you have to believe there's more to it, but there usually isn't.

oc_

Oct 25, 2017
I think we're going to find out (if we ever do) that this was just some altercation or something that escalated due a person on one side being a complete moron with a total lack of moral compass or character. I mean, I get why people peddle these kinds of conspiracies, same thing with 2pac, nobody wants to believe that someone who had accomplished so much, who had elevated themselves onto a pedestal into the eye of many, could be cut down in such a senseless fashion. Nobody wants to believe these guys could just be another statistic. I mean, I get it, it feels like such a waste, like it always does. Like it did with Pac, and Biggie, and Proof, and Big L, ect...that you have to believe there's more to it, but there usually isn't.
It honestly feels like someone he had made contact with before had threatened him which then led him to post to Twitter shortly before being shot. That's just how I'm seeing it right now, it really seems to have been a previous incident that led to this.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
All salient points but I think the conspiracy angle here was already present with this particular audience. White people have the whole anti vax thing (amongst a million other garbage, mostly right wing conspiracy theories) but I've noticed a vocal contingent of black Twitter on the whole Illuminati thing. Calling out Jay-Z and Beyonce and shit for being heads of cults as well as a bunch of other ridiculous claims. Anyway it seems this is in line with that stuff. This "Doctor" was already claiming he cured AIDS while also claiming the government keeps their cure to themselves, so he had attracted the type already and now they're just coming out of the woodwork because it's a convenient focal point for their paranoia and lunacy

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
This is the problem with some people. A guy is doing good things and they want pull up on him because they are full of anger and bad shit.

RIP Nipsey.