• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California

I was scrolling through Twitter when I saw this, and it was too wacky *not* to share. 10k yen a pop, but have any other companies done anything like this?

What a cute/cool marketing stunt!

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I await someone doing a breakdown of the models. I wish more companies put some of their models on sketchfab.

discotrigger

Oct 25, 2017
I never imagined this would happen, but somehow it's totally on-brand. Moving to NPR (non-photorealistic) 3D could be great for Disgaea in some unforeseen ways. They could even toss these models as-is into a fighting game some day.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
$100 is a bit steep, but yeah. That's pretty neat.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

I was scrolling through Twitter when I saw this, and it was too wacky *not* to share. 10k yen a pop, but have any other companies done anything like this?

What a cute/cool marketing stunt!

Not many sell them per se, but ArcSys has Jam, Dizzy, Baiken, and the maid-wife girl from Xrd available for use right now! Genshin impact models were also provided by the Genshin devs for a bit (though I think they've stopped). There's an event called vket going on where a bunch of JP companies are putting up 3D assets for VRChat use.

But yeah, yeesh. $100 USD is really expensive. They're high quality but you can get some really nice custom avatars for less. Admittedly I'm a little interested in how they package these because it'd be fun to rip some bits off of the model for custom use.

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
Man I hate the main character's design. I never liked asymmetric horns.

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
I think the blue oni only has one horn while the matching red oni has two? That's some sort of standard trope for Japanese media.
I thought the main character was a zombie or something.
If he has to have a single horn it could've been in the middle like a unicorn. Or maybe he gains the second horn in the game.