• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
this thread is not getting a lot of posts...did everyone play this already on PS4?

Oct 25, 2017
canada

This is me a while ago on my first playthrough.

Just gunna say, when i mained the chain it was OP af against humans. What im doing here i got progressively better at to the point i could do it several times in a row without moving against bosses like the
black samurai

Fries

Oct 25, 2017
So is the PC Version worth getting? I rented it for 5 nights and beat the main story but none of the DLC was out yet on my PS4 back then. Thinking of getting it on PC. I have an xbox 360 controller and my DS4. I hear KB+M doesn't exist.
If you have the PC for it, you can run it at better image quality than even the PS4 Pro at 60 fps. It was also hard to pass the complete game up for $32 from GMG.

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
I started playing Nioh and a very wholesome random dude helped me get everything on the map for one hour straight without getting anything in return and then this happened

https://clips.twitch.tv/NiceReliableFlyPeoplesChamp

I have never felt so bad in my life
I see why you'd say that, but especially in that context, that is also quite hilarious.
I only just started playing as well so I'm no expert, but what's your Toughness at? Mine's around 170 and I can definitely take a few hits before I go down.
Toughness isn't the stat to look at when we're talking about damage though. Defense and Damage Reduction are the armor stats that matter there. Toughness is about Ki use while blocking and reaching 200 to be able to avoid hit-stun with some hits. Though armor with higher Defense and Damage Reduction will also have high Toughness, so there is some correlation between them.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
this thread is not getting a lot of posts...did everyone play this already on PS4?
One of the reasons is because it's in Hangouts instead of the main section.

New games usually have a 2-weeks presence in the main section before being moved to Hangouts, but this thread is kind of special because it's just an update from the old OT. Perhaps DekuBleep should probably contact a mod to move this thread temporarily to the main section. That would help a lot with the visibility and activity in the long run.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if the alpha/beta/Last Chance stuff is in this? It wouldn't feel very "complete" without those badass helmets.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Nov 6, 2017
A reminder that status effects in this game are cool and good and stuff like blinding powder can seriously render the second boss (Burning village) easy to dodge.

Nov 6, 2017
Playing through the main story missions should gradually unlock dojo missions.

Later ones will require your stats to be at a certain level like Magic for Onmyo and Dex for Ninja training.

shimon

Oct 25, 2017
Man, this game is addicting! First Boss (ship) kept wrecking me for quite a while until I got the hang of it. Then more village missions and a cave excursion later it's suddenly 1 am. There must be something wrong with the clock. ;-)
Time flies when you're having fun ;)

Yorxor

Oct 27, 2017
Munich, Germany

New games usually have a 2-weeks presence in the main section before being moved to Hangouts, but this thread is kind of special because it's just an update from the old OT. Perhaps DekuBleep should probably contact a mod to move this thread temporarily to the main section. That would help a lot with the visibility and activity in the long run.

Yes, I agree.

I for one didn't find the thread on my own. Someone had to give me a hint to where it is.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
I feel really good about my choice of going with Odachi as primary weapon. But I'm having trouble finding a suitable secondary weapon. I chose sword but haven't focused any skill points towards its damage yet.

Any recommendations what would be good secondary weapon to pair with Odachi? I'm lvl 20 now, and was going str/stamina (Odachi+Heavy armor) focus with some points in spirit and magic, so I'm not sure about taking a 5th stat to focus on atm.

Yorxor

Oct 27, 2017
Munich, Germany
I feel really good about my choice of going with Odachi as primary weapon. But I'm having trouble finding a suitable secondary weapon. I chose sword but haven't focused any skill points towards its damage yet.

Any recommendations what would be good secondary weapon to pair with Odachi? I'm lvl 20 now, and was going str/stamina (Odachi+Heavy armor) focus with some points in spirit and magic, so I'm not sure about taking a 5th stat to focus on atm.

I don't know if it's the ideal secondary weapon to the Odachi (which I never used really), but so far I'm a huge fan of spears in this game. The reach you get is just so nice, especially with the mid stance heavy attack, a simple poke. It's perfect for baiting enemies to just run into it. Also the crowd control you get with that attack in small corridors – and there seem to be quite a lot of those in the cave levels – is awesome.

shimon

Oct 25, 2017
Any sword with a moveset similar to Claymore from Dark Souls 2? Also any weapons with movesets similar to Rapiers?

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
I don't know if it's the ideal secondary weapon to the Odachi (which I never used really), but so far I'm a huge fan of spears in this game. The reach you get is just so nice, especially with the mid stance heavy attack, a simple poke. It's perfect for baiting enemies to just run into it. Also the crowd control you get with that attack in small corridors – and there seem to be quite a lot of those in the cave levels – is awesome.

Thanks, long range is awesome! I will try spear if moveset is something that fits with Odachi.

Any sword with a moveset similar to Claymore from Dark Souls 2? Also any weapons with movesets similar to Rapiers?

Claymore is my favorite weapon from DS1/2/3 so I'm happy with Odachi. Large, sweeping sideways strikes and heavy overhead-straight-down strikes. Doesn't have a "long poke" claymore has in DS but because of long range doesn't matter.

Not sure if there are any comparable weapons to DS rapier.

Savantcore

Oct 28, 2017
Possibly my GOTY and I haven't even touched the season pass. Need to jump back in but it'll be horrible being so out of practice.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My GotY as well. It might honestly have the single best and most fun moment-to-moment gameplay I have played, or it least it's somewhere up there. For all the flaws the game got, it's so god damn fun to play. Contrary to most, I actually really enjoyed the select-mission-structure of the game. That made for good variety (other than the cases where maps where re-used) and very little downtime.

I'm really happy everyone with a PC gets to play it too now. I hope the port is good so you get to enjoy it to the same extent PS4 (Pro) owners did.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
How many missions are there? I read 20 main missions, but after finishing the second mission it shows 2/43 in the lower right area of the map.

Also can you get maps for the missions or is it just the radar thing?

Nosgoth

Oct 28, 2017
How many missions are there? I read 20 main missions, but after finishing the second mission it shows 2/43 in the lower right area of the map.

Also can you get maps for the missions or is it just the radar thing?

This also has dlc main missions, just know this game is filled with content.

No maps, but your radar gets enhanced with different guardian spirits and accessories.

OP
OP
DekuBleep

DekuBleep

Oct 25, 2017

Well this thread was moved to Video Games! Thanks for your help with that.

Rai_11

Nov 7, 2017
I just wish I could do.s blind playthrough co-op with a friend. It's not cool carrying someone through a level you already know about.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Never played the DLCs so it was a surprise when i saw Odachi and Tonfa available in the beginning. Odachi early on is very OP and Tonfa moveset is godlike.

woodcutter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
nj
Possibly my goty. Are there any deals for the pc version? Ps4pro version was ok, but man did it rev up the fans to the point I thought it was ready for take off.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Started playing this again a few weeks back. Way of the Strong has hooked me all over again, and there's still the remaining DLC to get through, too!

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
I played it a bit more yesterday, it's really fun in coop.

I'm very happy that they unlocked the ability to play new levels in coop from the start, that they ever prevented that doesn't make sense to me.

Also, this is probably the K-T port I'm most happy with from a visuals/performance perspective compared to its console version. It's ludicrous that it doesn't have mouse support, but I'd personally play it with a controller anyway.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
So the game is currently at 21k owners according to steamspy, it seems really low to me, game deserves much more than that. Is this normal for newly released games on steam?

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
So the game is currently at 21k owners according to steamspy, it seems really low to me, game deserves much more than that. Is this normal for newly released games on steam?

SteamSpy has a 3 day delay before numbers can be even remotely trusted. So if you want stats for 7th (release day), check on 10th or 11th. Maybe 11th since technically it was released in middle of day.

Water

The Retro Archivist
Oct 30, 2017
Didn't they patch the game so you can play co-op with your friends without having to beat the level first?