• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Felix Lighter

Oct 25, 2017
In the starting area, I'm getting like 55-60 fps at 4K with a 1080ti and i7 5820 @ 4.3 Ghz with medium shadows. I wish I could get that last bit of performance to get a solid 60 fps.

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Played most of the first region yesterday on a 1080ti @ 1440p.
There were some strange issues where the game would perform in the 20 fps range randomly, but tabbing out and in cleared that up most of the time, and swapping back and forth between fullscreen and borderless windowed also did the trick. 60fps steady except I am noticing the drops that occur when moving between new areas. Everything maxed out except Motion Blur.

Fuz

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Holy shit, no mouse support?

*SIGH*

I was waiting for this. :( But I refuse to play with a controller.

Deleted member 25042

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Should be locked 60 FPS. My 1080 does 60 FPS with ~70% GPU use (a metric which goes up to potentially 120% -- yes it's confusing).

Even in the very beginning?
I have a 6700k + 1080 both o/c and while it's 60 most of the time it can definitely go below when things get busy (@1440p all settings maxed)
Similar to that for example:
https://youtu.be/LKheLYR3MQQ?t=402

Edit: looking at the bench dgrdsv posted drops are to be expected on anything short of a 1080 Ti at the beginning of the game @1440p max

Last edited:

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
super fucking impressed with performance. 60fps at 1440p maxed. If it slows down i just lower shadows to medium and it goes back to a locked 60. Seeing a lot more detail in models and textures than on the PS4 version.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have any luck getting ReShade to work with Nioh? I was hoping to add some postprocess AA, but the game game crashes after the initial loading screen when it tries to play the logo videos.

langgi

Oct 27, 2017
Southeast Asia
How's performance with a 1070 and an I7-7700?

Should be okay. I can do 1440p at almost stable 60 on 1070 (I'm on weaker CPU, i5 6500). Probably a few frame drops in certain areas, but so far nothing too significant.

Anyone have any luck getting ReShade to work with Nioh? I was hoping to add some postprocess AA, but the game game crashes after the initial loading screen when it tries to play the logo videos.

Only Reshade 1.1 works for me, some people reported Reshade 3 could work if you rename dxgi.dll to d3d11.dll (I haven't tried this method, though)

Enforcer

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
anyone got any anti aliasing to work?

i think the game will look at least presentable with decent AA.

Testing the WSGF 21 9 fix at the moment...

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
I just did it and went from consistent 60fps down to 45-50fps. I'm undoing the compression right now. Baffled by how people say there is no performance impact then I do it and this happens. I'm on an SSD with 16GB RAM/ i7 8600k so it's definitely not a spec issue.

Edit: Finished the uncompression and my performance is still tanked compared to what it was just last night. Had to restart my computer to fix it. Now I'm wondering if I just restarted PC after compressing if it would still have performed worse.
I just compressed Nioh and it runs like before, no unusual fps reduction (maybe a liiitle longer loading screens, but i play from hdd)

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I finally got around to test...
Uh... The beginning area looks bad, with simple geometry, and my GPU (1080 Ti) has lots of drops from 60 at 4K and with shadows medium.
I wonder where they messed their engine this badly.

visvim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the soundtrack to this game is low-key amazing. Never really noticed it on the console version on my firtst playthrough

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
so it's not possible to play this with Nvidia DSR enabled at 1440p with a GTX 1070?

Coreda

SVG Wizard
Oct 26, 2017
Here.

It was actually posted by a Resetter, Alexander DeLarge.

Yo. Now we're talking. (Pics taken from thread, using the aspect ratio patcher:)

tlcpwUUh.png

nI3o5W8h.jpg

Now to wait for some hud fix (a hudless toggle would also be nice).

Last edited:

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Game does just fine outside of having shadows on High. I wish the game didn't have a 60FPS cap. I'd bump the resolution down to 1440p to get some higher framerates.

Shengar

Oct 26, 2017
Want to report my experience with the game

My settings
Resolution: 1920x1080
Rendering: High
Shadows: Medium
FPS: 60
Display: Fullscreen
Ambient Oclusion: On
Motion Blur: Off
Dynamic Reflections: On

My Specs
CPU: i7-4790 3.6Ghz
GPU: Radeon 280X 3GB
RAM: 16GB

Consistent performance at 1080@60fps with caveat. That caveat is no weather effect or my FPS usually down to 40-45. I can actually play with high quality shadow, but there's consistent fps drop once there are a lots of thing shown on screen. This is not the best, but certainly the better port from KT.

Last edited:

selo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So,any gtx 970 owners around here? how's the performance?
I have everything on the highest setting, and its smooth about 90% of the time. Theres this part in the first proper mission, near a house with the gates requiring a key, and for some reason, I do get frame hiccups there, but everywhere else, runs smoothly

BTW, is there an OT for Nioh PC?

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I have everything on the highest setting, and its smooth about 90% of the time. Theres this part in the first proper mission, near a house with the gates requiring a key, and for some reason, I do get frame hiccups there, but everywhere else, runs smoothly

BTW, is there an OT for Nioh PC?
There's an OT for the game in hangouts, but not for PC specifically.

e:b10

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Played through the Tower of London section quickly last night, didn't check the framerate but it seemed smooth enough to me at 4k, apart from random stuttering in the second shrine room

selo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

There's an OT for the game in hangouts, but not for PC specifically.

e:b10

Thanks guys. Been having tons of fun with this game. I think I spent about 3-4 hours in the first twilight mission. I went in as level 8 I believe, so I struggled quite a bit, but I did get a bit better. Using the chain with a spike weapon, forgot its name, still only using the high stance :o.