• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Baleoce

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely interested in this if the port holds up. How well optimised is it? I have a 1060.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Definitely interested in this if the port holds up. How well optimised is it? I have a 1060.

See my previous post. Locked 1080p 60fps. Just some nagging issues that I would prefer were not there, but all in all it is far beyond what I expected from KT. Also looks like they were going to have mouse support and gave up on it, if the Steam Controller labelling from KT is anything to go by

Baleoce

Oct 27, 2017
See my previous post. Locked 1080p 60fps. Just some nagging issues that I would prefer were not there, but all in all it is far beyond what I expected from KT. Also looks like they were going to have mouse support and gave up on it, if the Steam Controller labelling from KT is anything to go by
Many thanks! I'll have to give this a look then. Was planning on using the Steam Controller anyway tbh.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Many thanks! I'll have to give this a look then. Was planning on using the Steam Controller anyway tbh.
Works very well with the Steam Controller. Just a mouse-like joystick setup as I would use for Dark Souls. The default sensitivity is too low for my liking so all I did was crank that up and rebound the paddles.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
W10
i7-7700k
GTX1600
16GB DDR4
SSD

1080p - 60fps with highest settings except for shadow quality. First area wasn't as good, but next was much better. Had a couple of weird bugs and some hitching when reaching new areas, but overall quite happy.

Deleted member 1722

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Coming from the souls games so far there seems to be alot more leniency in where during the animation you press the attack button.
I had the Axe and doing the three short hit combo thing it felt like I could press the final third attack button at virtually any time time after the character wound back.

rckvla

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, I ask this in every PC performance thread.

Is there someone with AMD GPU other than the 580 user few pages earlier?

I'll upgrade once 1170/1180 is out. lol

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
So even though it uses only 40% of my I7 3770K, I noticed that people with next gen and higher get better FPS. I am going to be stuck with 30 but it drops.

AL_

Oct 25, 2017
I reeeeeally want to buy this but I'm waiting for a patch and/or better impressions.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else have problems with force-closing this? Seriously, I try to Alt-F4 Nioh and it's like my whole system goes into cardiac arrest trying to make it stop running, effectively requiring a hard reset of my computer.

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if there is going to be an OT for this now that the PC version is out?

I could definitely use some advice on build suggestions...

Are Odachi and Tonfa any good? I remember when the dlcs first came out both weren't considered that great, but they are both cool weapons so I'm hoping through patches they became stronger

Alternatively, I never used Kusarigamas the first time around, so I might go for them...

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Does anyone else have problems with force-closing this? Seriously, I try to Alt-F4 Nioh and it's like my whole system goes into cardiac arrest trying to make it stop running, effectively requiring a hard reset of my computer.
If I had to guess it probably opened a windows confirmation dialog in the background. That's at least what happened when I force closed it while the game was windowed.

Anyone know if there is going to be an OT for this now that the PC version is out?

I could definitely use some advice on build suggestions...

Are Odachi and Tonfa any good? I remember when the dlcs first came out both weren't considered that great, but they are both cool weapons so I'm hoping through patches they became stronger

Alternatively, I never used Kusarigamas the first time around, so I might go for them...
OT is here.

Premium Ghoul

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
PS4 controller works perfectly in Nioh. I turned mine on and it automatically pulled an official profile from KT that set it up to be exactly like the PS4 version's controls.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Running fantastically. But quick question. Anyone else not feeling any rumble at all from the controller?

Oct 25, 2017
Does the game support over 60hz in fullscreen mode? Or will I have to force borderless windowed? The biggest problem with all of the Dark Souls PC ports is that refresh rates over 60hz crash the game on start when set to fullscreen.

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
Nice detective work. Yeah, Steam community is such an odd cesspool of lies, insults, racism, and it just feels like everyone there is a 13 year old kid. Seeing a coherent post written in proper English is almost impossible on Steam. I wonder if Valve will ever attempt to fix any of that, or maybe it's beyond repair at this point.

I'd say it is beyond repair. The steam forums are sewage runoff.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I've read people buying the game so that they can download it with ease to pirate it, leaving a negative review and finally refunding it.

That's like the worst thing a gamer could do to a video game developer/publisher.

TheWordyGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God I'm getting tired of these damned games that 'don't work' day one.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm at the point now where I don't even expect new games to run well. I have a beefy setup too. GTX 1080 SLI. Acer X34 21:9 Gsync display. Gsync solves a lot of problems - but so many of these games have inherent stutter out of the box.

It seems now that when I buy a game day one it's inevitable that I find myself waiting for 'the community fix'. Anyhow, I refunded this game almost immediately. Thank you, Steam. I'm going to do that more often now. Game doesn't run well... then adios... refund city.

Chumley

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Would also like to know if Durante plans on adding unlocked framerate support and better graphics options, if so I'll just wait to play this.

Oct 25, 2017
Regardless of mode, the game doesn't support framerates over 60 fps.

I can deal with 60fps should I buy it (even though I won't like it).

60hz+ refresh rates are important to me because lightboost, which I use constantly, requires 100-120hz refresh rates. No lightboost/backlight strobbing capability at all would be a huge pass from me for awhile. Especially with my x28+x39 combo arriving in the coming weeks.

So... does anybody know if 60hz refresh rates are supported in fullscreen or windowed/forced borderless windowed.

[I would just jump in, but Neir's whole mess this past spring soured me on buying games day 1 and then waiting continously on fan fixes/official patches. That and TK having the worse rep of anybody, even SE. Don't own one port from them.]
Would also like to know if Durante plans on adding unlocked framerate support and better graphics options, if so I'll just wait to play this.
Framerates weren't really his wheelhouse, more like stability/AO/resolutions/shadows. IIRC, he was half past done with Tecmo Koei's bullshit ages ago.

Last edited:

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Framerates weren't really his wheelhouse, more like stability/AO/resolutions/shadows. IIRC, he was half past done with Tecmo Koei's bullshit ages ago.

but he's been strangely silent since the game was officially released...no word on if he's working on a NiohFix or not...if not he should just let people know so they don't get their hopes up

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Well, at least there's a way to play the game now for those who refuse to play with a controller.

true half the problem is now solved...but they still need to allow keyboard rebinding...the default sounds ridiculous-- WSAD for character movement, TFGH for cam control & aim, IJKL for triangle-square-cross-circle

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
KBM would have an advantage. I mean you can't jump so you don't need to worry about another direction on top of the 2 basic ones. Though this is PC and PC is usually the platform with many control options. I mean hell people beat souls with rockstar drum controllers.

Hopefully I don't have to reformat my PC to make the settings in Nioh do something like affect FPS.

Barbarossa

Oct 30, 2017
I have settled on 40 FPS fluctuating between 34 and 45.

I7 3770K
GTX 1060 6GB
16GB RAM

388.13 driver

Render: Medium (low is too PS4 almost PS3)
Resolution: 1920x1080
Shadows Low
Frame Rate Cap: 60 (May have to become a scrubb and cap at 30)
Full Screen

AO, CMB, and DR off.

Feels like I should just play it on the PS4 -.-
I have an overclocked i7 2600k and the same GPU. Looks like I will have to pass on this.

OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Ah, that worked perfectly, thanks. Never knew about that option.

JaseC, i think this would prob be useful to include in the OP as well, at least until/if there ends up being a hex edit for actual 21:9 resolutions.

Done.

Yeah:
High = The full specified resolution
Med = 75% of each axis, or ~56% of the total specified resolution
Low = 62.5% of each axis, or ~39% of the total specified resolution

JaseC perhaps it's worth adding to the OP?

It's actually covered in the graphic settings section ("High" is noted as native), but I'll of course add the percentage drops Medium and Low entail if they're confirmed to be consistent (i.e. also apply to other base resolutions).

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
I have an overclocked i7 2600k and the same GPU. Looks like I will have to pass on this.

I really need to OC my CPU and GPU. I just wish I had someone physically with me to do this. GPU should be easy though. Don't touch volatge and max power limit. Then slowly add 50 (or 10) to core clock while testing it out on a game til a problem then dial it down. Repeat for memory.

But CPU I could probably get it to 4.0 (but seems Nioh doesn't care as it only uses 40% CPU so dunno how it would help). CPU I really need help OCing it.

Kusanda

Oct 25, 2017
After seeing some of the impressions here I was beginning to get worried, but I seem to have it running at a near constant 60fps on my i5 2500k (4.0Ghz) and OC'd GTX 970 on the latest driver with these settings:

Resolution: 2560x1440
Rendering: Medium
Shadows: Medium
FPS Cap: 60
Display Mode: Fullscreen
AO, Motion Blur and Reflections: On

I see rare, short drops down to the low 50s but it seems like it might be loading related. Performance is also more inconsistent in the first level compared to the second.

Monster Zero

Nov 5, 2017
Southern California
Playing this at 1440p 60fps is great. Every thing On and High except camera motion blur. Glad I waited because I find dynamic resolution unappealing.

FX-8370
GTX 1080
32 GB RAM DDR3 1333MHz

selo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Running at solid 60fps at 1080p for me with stuff on high
Ryzen 7 1700
16gb ram
Gtx970

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
I finally relented and installed the Creators Update. The game will finally launch without crashing now.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
here's the full terrible keyboard layout... JaseC might be a good thing to put in the 1st post...

Dfnvhv1.jpg

Lork

Oct 25, 2017
Steam Controller raises some odd questions - no mouse support... nope. KT made their own binding set and it uses the mouse naming, but not the mouse..... WAT.
I have no idea why they made that choice instead of naming it that way but using the controller buttons... but whatever. Sounds like they gave up on implementing it but perhaps were thinking about it...
"Mouse-Like Joystick" is a setting for the Steam Controller trackpads that makes them behave like a mouse but outputs to a virtual analog stick, which is the optimal way to handle games that use analog sticks for camera control with the SC. Nothing odd or out of the ordinary about it.

Edit: Never mind, I now see that your confusion was directed at the trigger/shoulder button binds and not the trackpad.

Oct 25, 2017
but he's been strangely silent since the game was officially released...no word on if he's working on a NiohFix or not...if not he should just let people know so they don't get their hopes up

Um, I haven't been paying attention, did he tell people he was planning on doing something in one of the recent Nioh threads?

I don't personally know the guy, but to me, all of the fixes he's done were out of curiosity and personal investment regarding games he was interested in at the time. If he doesn't care, he probably won't fix it, nor should we expect him to automatically (hours/days of work for free) if we're not happy with certain aspects of a port. I think he's kinda stepped back from that. That last thing I remember that he had (fan) involvement in was Nier's AO/shadow resolution, which he then sent to Kaldaien for his fix, but only 'cause he liked Nier and wanted a higher quality experience (the AO/shadows or whatever weren't broken, just low res). 'Half past done' = he's explicitly, in at least one text article for PC Gamer, called out TK (or was it namco regarding tales of symphonia???) about the quality of their ports.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Right, I totally forgot about Kaldaien. Has he migrated here from the old site?

It seems that he's been busy with that .hack game.

Not yet, but he only ever had a regular presence on GAF last June (almost half of his 50 posts were made that month, in fact) and hasn't so much as logged into his account since late September. I'm sure he'll find his way here eventually.

Last edited: