• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

(Click for general game info.)

🖥️ System requirements:
niohcesysreqssjs9l.jpg

🧰 Latest drivers: (as at 24/02/2022)
AMD: 22.2.2
Nvidia: 511.79

📊 Benchmarks:
GameGPU (Russian; launch build)

🎩 Tips and tricks:
Cap the frame rate/potentially improve frame times: Download RivaTuner Statistics Server (if you use MSI Afterburner, then you already have it installed), input your desired framerate limit in the "Framerate limit" box, and hit Enter . Alternatively, those with an Nvidia GPU can either cap the frame rate at the driver level via the Nvidia Control Panel (requires the 441.87+ drivers) or use Nvidia Inspector to force a vsync internal lower than one-half (click the small tool icon to open the game profile section).
Note: Useful if your system can't maintain, say, 60fps and you're sensitive to the wild fluctuations, or you're experiencing uneven frame times. The greater window the engine has to render a given frame, if you're imposing a lower frame rate than the game can otherwise provide, may also help in alleviating stuttering related to data streaming.
Enable letterboxing on ultra-wide displays: Open your GPU driver control panel and disable scaling. (Credit to TheWordyGuy.)
Enable full arbitrary resolution support: Use the aptly-named Nioh Resolution tool. (Credit to LennardF1989 @ GitHub via copelandmaster.)

icon_warning.png
When posting your own tip/trick or something else you'd like to see here in the OP, be sure to tag my username (@GrrImAFridge), as this way I'll receive a notification. I may miss your suggestion otherwise.

⚙️ Graphics settings:

Setting type (preset): Very Low Quality; Action; Cinematic; Highest Quality; Custom
Screen resolution: Self-explanatory
Rendering resolution: Low; Medium; High (native)
Shadows: Off; Low Quality; Medium Quality; High Quality
Framerate cap: 30fps/60fps
Display mode: Windowed; Borderless; Fullscreen
Ambient occlusion: Off/On
Camera motion blur: Off/On
Dynamic reflections: Off/On

Last edited:

D65

Oct 26, 2017
Cannot wait to test this out this evening.

Will try to get it all working.

Coreda

SVG Wizard
Oct 26, 2017
Interested in how this runs.

icon_warning.png
When posting your own tip/trick or something else you'd like to see here in the OP, be sure to tag my username (JaseC) as this way I'll receive a notification. I may miss your suggestion otherwise.

For those unaware this can be done simply by placing an @ symbol before the user's name.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For those unaware, you can't change resolution in the game, you have to use the game's launcher. Which the game skips if you just launch games from right click on the steam icon taskbar and select it from the list of recent games. So launch it directly from library the first time.

BlacJack

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Not a fan of games doing that... I like my comfy couch PC gaming. Doesn't look like too bad of a port though so far.

Jangaroo

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone know what the different rendering resolutions do in the launcher? The game defaulted that setting to low but I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean.

OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Anyone know what the different rendering resolutions do in the launcher? The game defaulted that setting to low but I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean.

Durante looked into that:

I did some pixel counting, which sucks compared to just looking at RenderDoc, but I get these rough estimates:
At 1440p output res:
"High" - 2560x1440
"Med" - 1920x1080
"Low" - 1600x900

I don't have time now to do it at another output res, but I assume the factors will stay the same.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some thoughts from just the first area (gotta go to sleep now).

4k on a GTX 1080 at 60 FPS doesn't seem all that doable, though I think maybe that rendering resolution was too high? Will try that again later.

1440p is more than doable however. I do wish it had more resolutions to selectt so I could downsample a bit more to 1440p, as while 4k is too demanding, 1440p doesn't seem to stress out my card much at all, frequently running at 60ish percent load. Seems to run well with all the settings cranked up. There does seem to be an odd hitch when the game seems to be "loading" in the next part of a level (in example, this happened 2 times total in first level).

Shadows at highest seem to be demanding, gained me like 10 frames at 4k when setting to medium, if you're looking for a setting to tweak off the bat.

So while it's annoying to have to use the launcher for rez, I'd say this is probably among KT's best ports just by virtue of having fps cap toggles and resolutions like 1440 and 4k out of the box, putting it at about the competent level (presuming you have a controller).

Deques

Oct 26, 2017
The minimum is Geforce 780.
Would love to know how well it run on a Geforce 670

Dick Justice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First user review on Steam isn't looking great.

So far badly, Badly optimized. Staggering constantly, no options for keyboard and mouse use. Wont stay open in Fullscreen Mode at all. Damn I was looking forward to this. Hopefully fixed soon.

Setting to high settings, constant stutter. Need to patch ASAP,

PC - i7 7700K, EVGA FTW3 1080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 - For those that will say get a better pc. :/

Ilmyr

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Will i get stable 60 fps with a i7 4790K, GTX 970 @1080p?
I sadly have no time to buy/play the game before the weekend, so i eagerly would like to know the performance for a equal/similar setup. Thanks.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
1) is it true that you cannot remap any keyboard functions?...none at all?...2) please tell me Durante or some other modder is working on a tool similar to DSFix to fix the mouse/keyboard issues on PC (or maybe even an official patch from the developers?)

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
That's absolute shit tho only if hes running 4k would it not be stable 60fps
It's stutter free on this video.

Game Settings:
Screen resolution: 4K
Rendering resolution: High
Shadows: High
Framerate cap: 60
Display mode: full screen
Ambient Occlusion: On
Camera Motion Blur: Off
Dynamic Reflections: On

PC Specs:
GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor
Memory: 16 GB RAM (15.95 GB RAM usable)
Current resolution: 3840 x 2160, 60Hz
Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Will i get stable 60 fps with a i7 4790K, GTX 970 @1080p?
I sadly have no time to buy/play the game before the weekend, so i eagerly would like to know the performance for a equal/similar setup. Thanks.

I have a stable 60fps at 1080p with a I5 4430 and a R9 290 with shadows to medium and ambiant occlusion off. With it on, I get drops to the 55s.

DeejayDoom

Oct 25, 2017
Performance is awful for me at 1080p with a 2500k OC at 4.8 and a 970 G1 with also more OC. It's eating more than 80% of my CPU and even on the lowest settings i get 32-40 FPS on the rain part at the start of the game.

All of this is funny given i have almost flawless performance on all the Koei games that people said that run like shit (even Blue Reflection and Dragon Quest Heroes II), and the first one people say it's "good" runs like shit for me.

OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
First user review on Steam isn't looking great.

"For those that will say get a better PC" struck me as strange, so I looked at his other reviews and, err, his system specs are all over the place (note that these are in chronological order):

His Deus Ex: Mankind Divided review said:
(GTX 970, i76700, 16GB Ram, 55-60FPS)
His No Man's Sky review said:
I have a GTX 970, with I7 32 GB of Ram, and am runnning at 60-65 FPS.
His Rise of the Tomb Raider review said:
RUNNING : Nvida GTX 980M, Intel I7 6820HK, 32 GB RAM, With SSD
His Lightning Returns review said:
Nvida GTX 970M 4GB
32 GB Ram
500GB SSD + 1TB HD
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6820HK CPU @ 2.70GHz
Running on MSI GT72 6QD Dominator Pro
His Just Cause 3 review said:
- Running on Nvida GTX 970M 32 GB RAM, Intel i7-6820 HK CPU, SSD, 4K. (So yes I have High Ultra Capable Specs)
His Arkham Knight review said:
PC MSI GTX 1070 SLI, i7 4790K, 16GB RAM, 2TB SSD

He seems to have a tendency to mention the system/laptop he wants, not the one he has. The 1070 didn't even exist at the time of his Arkham Knight review -- it was still 11 months away.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
"For those that will say get a better PC" struck me as strange, so I looked at his other reviews and, err, his system specs are all over the place:

He seems to have a tendency to mention the system/laptop he wants, not the one he has. The 1070 didn't even exist at the time of his Arkham Knight review.

Damn, nice detective work. What a strange thing to lie about.

Deleted member 300

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"For those that will say get a better PC" struck me as strange, so I looked at his other reviews and, err, his system specs are all over the place (note that these are in chronological order):

He seems to have a tendency to mention the system/laptop he wants, not the one he has. The 1070 didn't even exist at the time of his Arkham Knight review -- it was still 11 months away.

Like most steam reviews then hardly trustworthy:D

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
I cant get fraps to work for some reason. But it feels like 60fps most of the time but there are big random drops every once in a while. Using a gtx 1060 with an I7-7700

There's some weird hitching when it's loading in a new area too, I'm using a SSD. I'm not sure where that's coming from, never had that on the ps4 pro.

I don't think the game will work with reshade either, it crashes every time I try

Last edited:

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Nice detective work. Yeah, Steam community is such an odd cesspool of lies, insults, racism, and it just feels like everyone there is a 13 year old kid. Seeing a coherent post written in proper English is almost impossible on Steam. I wonder if Valve will ever attempt to fix any of that, or maybe it's beyond repair at this point.

Shari

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

This is fucking pure gold. Amazing, thank you for taking the time, I had a good laugh out of this.

And this kids is the reason system specs should be posted automatically at the same time you posting the review. Steam can know the PC you were running the game on and thus post, don't know why is not implemented :S

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this runs well. It's a fantastic game. Would be shame if the PC version was botched. I sincerely hope this expands the market for the game and gets more people to give it a chance.

Custódio

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil, Unaí/MG

That's amazing lol

Dick Justice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Oh wow. What a strange person.

Afro

Oct 25, 2017

lmao

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping for some low end impressions from people with minimum or below minimum system requirements.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
For those unaware, you can't change resolution in the game, you have to use the game's launcher. Which the game skips if you just launch games from right click on the steam icon taskbar and select it from the list of recent games. So launch it directly from library the first time.
I tried to open the launcher, but nothing happened, even if I ran as admin?

Edit: Never mind, we have to open from steam, not from folder.

Twentieth

Oct 26, 2017
Performance is awful for me at 1080p with a 2500k OC at 4.8 and a 970 G1 with also more OC. It's eating more than 80% of my CPU and even on the lowest settings i get 32-40 FPS on the rain part at the start of the game.

All of this is funny given i have almost flawless performance on all the Koei games that people said that run like shit (even Blue Reflection and Dragon Quest Heroes II), and the first one people say it's "good" runs like shit for me.

Thanks for posting. Kills any hope I had for this running on old hardware.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

What an ass. Why lie about something like that?

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
Runs well at 1080p 60 fps with a Ryzen 5 1600 and 1060 3gb here. This game unfortunately isn't a looker though.

Oct 25, 2017
People need to remember that this game is really demanding.

As far as I know, the PS4 Pro version can't even keep 1080p at all times in the performance mode, so don't expect much more from a PC that would normally compete with it.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
People need to remember that this game is really demanding.

As far as I know, the PS4 Pro version can't even keep 1080p at all times in the performance mode, so don't expect much more from a PC that would normally compete with it.

Bad performance is still a valid complaint though, since the game doesn't look that good for how demanding it is. It's just a complaint about the game in general in this case instead of the pc version specifically.