• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

disgraciau

Oct 27, 2017
Ibiza, Balearic Islands, Spain
Hello guys, I'm having a hard time keeping steady 60 FPS with this game.

My rig:

Windows 10 Pro x64
Ryzen R5 1600 3.8 Ghz OC
Corsair Vengeance 2x8 GB DDR4 2667 Mhz
Gigabyte GTX 1070 Windforce 8 GB GDDR5 with latest drivers.

The game is always at 50-57 FPS at the first level after intro and tutorial. It barely reaches 60 FPS. I tried disabling motion blur, reflections, AO, even shadows.

Tried at 1080p and even 900p, fullscreen, borderless, and tried to force off Vsync on nvidia control panel, even i have plugged my xbone controller with its USB cable instead of using it wireless but it doesn't matter, it always stays at 50-57 FPS max, and it stutters like crazy

Is that normal with my rig? Did I miss something that can improve performance/stability?

Thanks!

disgraciau

Oct 27, 2017
Here's a screenshot with MSI Afterburner:

ltpfpt.png

A funny thing: When I approach to one of the red swords (phantom enemies or something like that) when its interface shows up, my FPS decrease even more.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Glad I held off on really getting into this on launch because they have really done some good work on it. For all the flak they got about not including m/kb controls, they really put in work to the ones they have patched in. The mouse feels good and the keyboard has absurd levels of customization which is perfect. Multiple bindings are allowed for certain functions, modifier keys, it's got it all. I have to give my props for that because I'm really enjoying it now using them.

Deleted member 1067

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely not normal, i can get mostly steady 60 fps with everything on max and 1080p with my gtx 970.
Shadows was fixed in latest patch.
Yeah that's really weird. My 980ti powers through 1440p without full GPU utilization. A 1070 should be giving dude zero problems.

Oh and on stuttering: I notice it a lot more in windowed mode than exclusive fullscreen.

disgraciau

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like i fixed the problem guys: it was me, definitively.

I uninstalled the drivers with DDU and turned off my computer. Then I opened the case and checked the graphics card was well connected (i moved it a bit), then I switched the 8-pin connector (my PSU has two). I turned on my computer, installed latest drivers, but now unmarking a couple of options related with "3D" (i don't remember the names, i just installed the mandatory graphic drivers and HD Audio, thatĀ“s it).

Right after finishing the setup i tested NiOh and ta-da! Rock-solid 60 FPS with everything to the max. I don't know if the guilty was the "3D" stuff or a faulty 8-pin connector, but the important is that finally I can play NiOh just fine... and Forza Horizon 3, which gave me FPS slowdowns each 3-4 seconds. And right now i'm downloading Wolfenstein II which gave me big performance problems before.

Anyway, going back to NiOh. Happy new year everyone!

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Hello guys, I'm having a hard time keeping steady 60 FPS with this game.

My rig:

Windows 10 Pro x64
Ryzen R5 1600 3.8 Ghz OC
Corsair Vengeance 2x8 GB DDR4 2667 Mhz
Gigabyte GTX 1070 Windforce 8 GB GDDR5 with latest drivers.

The game is always at 50-57 FPS at the first level after intro and tutorial. It barely reaches 60 FPS. I tried disabling motion blur, reflections, AO, even shadows.

Tried at 1080p and even 900p, fullscreen, borderless, and tried to force off Vsync on nvidia control panel, even i have plugged my xbone controller with its USB cable instead of using it wireless but it doesn't matter, it always stays at 50-57 FPS max, and it stutters like crazy

Is that normal with my rig? Did I miss something that can improve performance/stability?

Thanks!

A 1070 failing to 1080 this game?

Youve got a major problem somewhere.
Ive got a 1070 and it doesnt even bother turning on my exterior fans its so chilled.

Double check in steam that the game is updated.

P.S The tower of london had some weird issues with it....i dunno if that was fixed after updates but my launch version of Nioh would have random drops in the Tower....after the tower performance was not an issue.

francium87

Oct 27, 2017

Ive got a 1070 and it doesnt even bother turning on my exterior fans its so chilled.

P.S The tower of london had some weird issues with it....i dunno if that was fixed after updates but my launch version of Nioh would have random drops in the Tower....after the tower performance was not an issue.
my 1070 problem was even worse. whatever settings (resolution, window, extra toggles, etc) I try the steam fps counter never goes above 40. Other games I tried recently were all fine (Horizon 3, Gears, Wolf2).

disgraciau

Oct 27, 2017

My problem was fixed. See above our posts :P

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
So, there no antialiasing at all, what's best solution to inject SMAA (or FXAA?)? Can Reshade inject SMAA but without touching UI?

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
Reshade works, but only with direct3d 9 dlls, strange!
So - SMAA + LumaSharpen is typical preset?

Leilu

Jun 22, 2018
Hi,
I am fond of this kind of games (Dark Souls, The Surge) but since I have a new monitor I can not play Nioh comfortably.
In 1080p, it was probably possible for me to maintain 60fps but in 3440x1440 it's impossible, even for my decent rig.
For exemple, in the third zone
the cave after the boat boss
, I sometimes have less than 30fps with my graphic card at 100% load.
Is this game so badly optimized ?

My rig:
[email protected]
GTX1070

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Hi,
I am fond of this kind of games (Dark Souls, The Surge) but since I have a new monitor I can not play Nioh comfortably.
In 1080p, it was probably possible for me to maintain 60fps but in 3440x1440 it's impossible, even for my decent rig.
For exemple, in the third zone
the cave after the boat boss
, I sometimes have less than 30fps with my graphic card at 100% load.
Is this game so badly optimized ?

My rig:
[email protected]
GTX1070
My brother also had problems getting this game to run smoothly.

I'd actually recommend running the game at 1080p :(

It's also one of the best in the genre, especially the improvements it adds to basic combat.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
I played through the entire game in 3440x1440 on a 1080 (with a 5820k@4GHz), and while it wasn't always running at >60 FPS, I never had playability issues, so I don't think it dropped below 30. (This was on a 100 Hz monitor)

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So is it even possible to get 4K with rock solid 60fps? Was testing it out earlier in the starting level and it was around 45fps no matter what I did. I can do 1440p with a solid 60fps just fine, so I'm ultimately fine. I was just wondering.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz (6 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
16GB Ram

Deleted member 1067

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So is it even possible to get 4K with rock solid 60fps? Was testing it out earlier in the starting level and it was around 45fps no matter what I did. I can do 1440p with a solid 60fps just fine, so I'm ultimately fine. I was just wondering.

16GB Ram
Nope

Best I could get on a similar build was 1440p60

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

16GB Ram

Shadows are absolutely taxing (and don't even look that good).
Your best bet is to drop them to medium, but with a 980 Ti, I think you will have to satisfy yourself with 1440p

Pantaghana

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Croatia
Can anyone help with performance issues I've been having?
My specs:
i5-4690k
GTX 970
8GB RAM
Win10

From what I've read here and elsewhere, I should be able to maintain 60fps at 1080p with the right settings, however at 1080p my framerate fluctuates 40-50fps, with occasional drops to below 30 at min settings.

I've already checked online for possible solutions but none of them worked so far.

Updated drivers, didn't work.

Completely removed drivers with DDU and did a fresh install, didn't work.

Some guides online mentioned changing settings in the Nvidia control panel, tried that, didn't work.

A setting in the control panel I've seen mentioned multiple times to select the "High Performance NVIDIA processor" - this is not available to me, I assume it is for laptops but I'm on a desktop.

And yes, I'm sure I'm using the GTX 970 and not the integrated CPU and I'm plugged into the GPU, other games like Warframe, DOOM, Witcher 3 and Dark Souls 3 run fine.

I even tried changing the gamepad because why the hell not, changed from a 360 pad to the Steam gamepad and still I have poor performance.

Anyone else have a better idea on how to fix this?

Alexx

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone help with performance issues I've been having?
My specs:
i5-4690k
GTX 970
8GB RAM
Win10

From what I've read here and elsewhere, I should be able to maintain 60fps at 1080p with the right settings, however at 1080p my framerate fluctuates 40-50fps, with occasional drops to below 30 at min settings.

I've already checked online for possible solutions but none of them worked so far.

Updated drivers, didn't work.

Completely removed drivers with DDU and did a fresh install, didn't work.

Some guides online mentioned changing settings in the Nvidia control panel, tried that, didn't work.

A setting in the control panel I've seen mentioned multiple times to select the "High Performance NVIDIA processor" - this is not available to me, I assume it is for laptops but I'm on a desktop.

And yes, I'm sure I'm using the GTX 970 and not the integrated CPU and I'm plugged into the GPU, other games like Warframe, DOOM, Witcher 3 and Dark Souls 3 run fine.

I even tried changing the gamepad because why the hell not, changed from a 360 pad to the Steam gamepad and still I have poor performance.

Anyone else have a better idea on how to fix this?

I doubt it will help, but have you tried this:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1195069538

Your performance seems to be in the same range of this benchmark so I doubt your performance is off.
https://gamegpu.com/rpg/рŠ¾Š»ŠµŠ²Ń‹Šµ/nioh-complete-edition-test-gpu-cpu

Pantaghana

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Croatia
That was one of the first things I tried.
Your performance seems to be in the same range of this benchmark so I doubt your performance is off.
https://gamegpu.com/rpg/рŠ¾Š»ŠµŠ²Ń‹Šµ/nioh-complete-edition-test-gpu-cpu
My russian isn't good enough to read the entire page, but I did play around with the graphs, not sure what good that is because I don't know for which graphics preset those stats are.

Currently I'm playing at the absolute minimum settings and performance is still terrible.
this is what 45fps looks like for me.
Standing in front of a blank wall with absolutely nothing going on.
45fps on a GTX 970.

U WOT M8?

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Can I expect 60 FPS at 1440p with this PC?
i7 6700k @4.4 GHz
GTX 1070
16 GB DDR4 RAM @2400 MHz

I'm willing to drop shadows a bit if necessary but dropping resolution would be the absolute last resort. Thanks!

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was one of the first things I tried.

My russian isn't good enough to read the entire page, but I did play around with the graphs, not sure what good that is because I don't know for which graphics preset those stats are.

Currently I'm playing at the absolute minimum settings and performance is still terrible.

this is what 45fps looks like for me.
Standing in front of a blank wall with absolutely nothing going on.
45fps on a GTX 970.

U WOT M8?

The game is not very well optimized. In PS4 is 60fps at 720p, so you shouldn't expect much better on a 970.