• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
Hey folks, does anyone know where to get the Smithing Text for the Sohaya Set? I need to upgrade my armor - I'm level 80 and mostly using armor in the 50s right now, but I can't craft new Sohaya Gear. And I NEED that life drain on melee kill passive.
I got it from some random Sohaya dude in one of the sub missions, somewhat unsurprisingly.
It was the same for me. The Sohaya clan members can drop it randomly.

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
I am on my original play through, and I have a few +1 items equipped. What does this mean? I have done soul matching, etc. Thnaks.
That +# value acts kind of like additional item levels in how it boosts attack of weapons and defense of armor. When you Soul Match an item that already has a +# value on it with another having a greater or equal +# value, the number goes up a single digit, increasing the bonus.

So a simple +1 can just be transferred as you please using Soul Matching, but you can also Soul Match an item with +1 with another +1 to get a +2. This process can be then repeated by Soul Matching two +2 items together to get a single +3 items and on and on an on, to whatever the +# cap is in the current game. This is mostly reserved for endgame as the final means of item level progression in NG+ for the new quality type of items, Divine, but it can be poked at in NG now thanks to purple quality items having them.

One of the major factors in this is that the number simply cannot go up more than a single digit at once, so if you use a +3 as a material, the recipient item will still only go up a single digit, no matter if it was a +1, +2, +3 or even without a +# bonus altogether. Another one now is that the +# values on purple items cannot be Soul Matched into those Divine tier items, so whatever +# values you've accrued during NG have to be abandoned eventually.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
That +# value acts kind of like additional item levels in how it boosts attack of weapons and defense of armor. When you Soul Match an item that already has a +# value on it with another having a greater or equal +# value, the number goes up a single digit, increasing the bonus.

So a simple +1 can just be transferred as you please using Soul Matching, but you can also Soul Match an item with +1 with another +1 to get a +2. This process can be then repeated by Soul Matching two +2 items together to get a single +3 items and on and on an on, to whatever the +# cap is in the current game. This is mostly reserved for endgame as the final means of item level progression in NG+ for the new quality type of items, Divine, but it can be poked at in NG now thanks to purple quality items having them.

One of the major factors in this is that the number simply cannot go up more than a single digit at once, so if you use a +3 as a material, the recipient item will still only go up a single digit, no matter if it was a +1, +2, +3 or even without a +# bonus altogether. Another one now is that the +# values on purple items cannot be Soul Matched into those Divine tier items, so whatever +# values you've accrued during NG have to be abandoned eventually.

Aha, great info.

Is it possible to generate +1 items through new item smithing in NG?

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Are you talking about before, or after the Kato set? Because even with Fuma gear, Kunai "spam" doesn't really exist outside of boss fights, where the build rules. Through the levels themselves though, you're basically tissue paper, and you can't really abuse your limited resources to "kill everything" as some claim since Untouched Ninjutsu caps at 20% - 25% until the set.

I also have no idea what weapon you would actually use besides the Kusarigama, and I honestly don't like it at all in this game. Loved it in the previous, but it just feels way too slow here, and its best early damaging moves are at extremely close range. This build seems almost like the exact opposite of what I'm currently running, where I blow through levels, and then simply do alright when it comes to bosses. Although with the last boss I fought, all I had to do was push forward and hit triangle in high stance the entire time.
Both before and after, of course you have to sprinkle some melee in for levels but I think the amount they give you is sufficient to melt any problematic big yokai. I barely had to fight any Tengu or Ippon Datara since I just spam them to death as soon as they spawn. I used Kusa in high stance for most of the game but started switching off to katana and dual swords near the end since spamming Kusa's light attack in high stance got kind of boring. Honestly for the first playthrough, I feel like your stats don't actually matter all that much for your weapon, you can use a secondary scaling stat and be fine damage-wise. I didn't have any issues with katana or dual sword even though my build just had 10 heart and 16 skill.

I was using a Katana/Odachi build for the first two regions and I feel like that wasn't nearly as powerful in early game since you don't have much ki to work with.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
First mission of region 3 or retreat from kanegasaki is basically can't see shit the stage got eye strain from it but one shotted boss was pretty simple

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
First mission of region 3 or retreat from kanegasaki is basically can't see shit the stage got eye strain from it but one shotted boss was pretty simple

Yup, I had to stand up and get close to the TV to see. It was annoying a bit.
Do you have HDR TV by any chance? I wonder if that's what caused it to be hard to see

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
I'm officially a card-carrying tonfa user now. I was a sword/kusarigama user, but realized I wasnt ever using the kusarigama so I tested out the tonfa and hoo boy I'm loving the combos. Unfortunately I'm still in a Dex/Ninjistu build which isn't great but still seems to be alright for the tonfa. Might respec when I can - how do I unlock that?

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I got my girlfriend into the game now after I told her it's Ninja Gaiden Diablo which is actually what got me to buy the game a week before launch. It's so fun couch co oping our PS4s are right next to each other. She also freaked out seeing Super Sayian Scampuss in the dark realm.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
The next mission is called "The Mausoleum of Evil"
How much more do I have?

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm officially a card-carrying tonfa user now. I was a sword/kusarigama user, but realized I wasnt ever using the kusarigama so I tested out the tonfa and hoo boy I'm loving the combos. Unfortunately I'm still in a Dex/Ninjistu build which isn't great but still seems to be alright for the tonfa. Might respec when I can - how do I unlock that?

You can buy it from the blacksmith for 10k. Cost increases each time you buy it up to 30k(?)

You'll also eventually get a free one from a dojo mission.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
The next mission is called "The Mausoleum of Evil"
How much more do I have?

4 main missions I think, but 3 of them will be very short and sweet.

Just finished the game, found all hot springs pools and cleansed all dark realms during my first playthrough, now to finish up Kodama hunting (I missed maybe 3) and... shiiiiit, guess wait for DLC.

Great ending, they tied up DLC from Nioh 1 quite nicely.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah...

I'm not really complaining, but, it's kind of weird how many bosses have attacks that do almost chip damage, compared to a regular skeleton spearman who can basically 2hko you...
I just beat Gyuki last night and I take this back lol. That thing does hit like a damn truck.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Hey guys does anyone know after which main mission you can do the last Onmyo dojo mission? I'm in the 6th region and only the ninjustu one has popped up. I want a mystic art for magic

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
I started out using mainly the tonfa but I eventually gravitated towards the switchglaive. It's tons of fun to use. I'm finding it still really viable even though I only have level 10 magic. Now that my proficiency is so high with the weapon though I'm trying to get the proficiency up with the other weapons to get those dojo missions.

Kind of annoying that some side missions only unlock after you've beaten certain twilight missions. I guess I'll just have to wait for the mission to appear.

What's a good mission to defeat Omnyo Mages? One side mission will only open up after I've beaten 10 of them. Hard to believe that I'm on the sixth world map and I haven't defeated ten of them.

Kilic95

Oct 25, 2017
Chireiden
Don't know how I missed out on this, but this video is insane! Not only no damage, but this person is styling on these bosses. The perfect guards, dodges, constant stance switching and utilization of Flux... This kind of mastery is mindblowing.

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017

Weird, I had no problem seeing everything. Did you have default brightness settings or do you have small TV? Loved the boss fight though, although beat it on my third try.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
These boss drop skills, can I get them on the submission with the boss or do I need to do the original main mission with the boss? Looking to get Windswept for my Switchglaive build.

You don't have to try farming the main missions for the skills and texts. I actually got all of mine so far from the sub missions. Two for the Odachi, and one for the Axe (dunno where the second one is), and a handful of texts.

What is the best heavy armor for a Ordachi/Strength Switchglaive magic build?

How far are you? Aside from the generally good bonuses from the Tatenashi set (God of War Looks Down), I don't really see any specifically for a Switchglaive that focuses on magic. There are medium armors that work though. Also, are you fine with C Agility? It takes a huge investment in stamina to stay at B wearing heavy.

Last edited:

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On the mission
Corpses and Ice
and there is a Sudama across this gap near the end of the level and I can not for the life of me find a way up to him. I've looked for ladders and connecting buildings and I just can't find a way up.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
While leveling Dual Swords to get access to the last of the side missions, I decided to go for a new look:
d4or3MK.png

I also edited my characters face. A lot more happy with it now.

One thing I appreciate is that you have outfits that do have another layer that only show up if you wear the matching leggings and so you almost get 2 cosmetics in 1 cause the undershirt might look radically different.

Anyway, managed to get to 120k pro with Dual Swords and do the final side mission.

Back to Sword/Odachi.

Getting pro with weapons in NG+ isn't bad.

Res

Oct 25, 2017
Okay even after somewhat investing in the shiftling skill tree I still miss living weapon lol

Nothing

Oct 30, 2017
Hey guys. Looking for some build advice here. I'm just finishing up the second region and I'm doing Sword + Magic (Switchblade) for the most part. What do you guys recommend for building your base stats in order to use most armor and meet most guardian spirit requirements?

Should I be thinking about putting 15 points into each of stamina, strength, skill, and dex? 20 points each? Or just sit at ~10 in each stat and wait until I need the points for unlocks? I'm going to be doing mostly elemental magic and medium armor. thanks.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Huzzah!

ET1qy_KUEAEL_Xd

Overall, game was alright. Solid ~7. Not sure if I liked it slightly less than the original. Either way, they definitely barely improved on the first imo.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of annoying that some side missions only unlock after you've beaten certain twilight missions. I guess I'll just have to wait for the mission to appear.

What's a good mission to defeat Omnyo Mages? One side mission will only open up after I've beaten 10 of them. Hard to believe that I'm on the sixth world map and I haven't defeated ten of them.
One of the regions/time periods is subtitled 'twilight'. You don't have to do any twilight missions to unlock anything.

And regarding the second bit, I think the only actual mission that has them spawn outside of the side mission you unlock is 'The Sun Sets on Mount Tenno'.

Oct 27, 2017
So I thought the naga snake lady was my least favorite enemy but now the snake head soldier boys are coming up quick for that top spot. Currently on region 4....this game has A LOT of content.

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
Still enjoying my time, but definitely agree that it feels like quantity over quality right now. I'm basically only in it for the fashion 🤷🏻‍♂️

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
DLC Speculation: Obviously spoilers:

So near the end you see that quick cut to three other people who seemingly used the sword... They said the DLC could take place during any time so is it safe to assume those where DLC teasers?

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they're going to add more weapons in the dlc it almost feels too much. I almost rather have my current weapon kits expanded.
Also some of the levels are legit amazing. Loved the one with shuten douji as a boss and the one with kasha.

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
DLC Speculation: Obviously spoilers:

So near the end you see that quick cut to three other people who seemingly used the sword... They said the DLC could take place during any time so is it safe to assume those where DLC teasers?
I at least assume as much. The visions at the end of vanilla Nioh 1were used exactly for that purpose.

Which actually reminds me,
I think it was too bad that William is just another partner in the missions he is in instead of a superhuman slayer of things. Would have been cool to have him as a meme tier badass.

Deleted member 227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey folks, does anyone know where to get the Smithing Text for the Sohaya Set? I need to upgrade my armor - I'm level 80 and mostly using armor in the 50s right now, but I can't craft new Sohaya Gear. And I NEED that life drain on melee kill passive.
I literally got it from the first Sohaya you fight in the game, I thought it was scripted. 💀
The material you use to forge it is super rare, btw, kinda blows.

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
I literally got it from the first Sohaya you fight in the game, I thought it was scripted. 💀
The material you use to forge it is super rare, btw, kinda blows.
Which of the two armor sets you are referring to? Cuz the medium one uses Warped Jawbones which is like the most common of all the Yokai part drops. After all, the Gaki are absolutely everywhere.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I at least assume as much. The visions at the end of vanilla Nioh 1were used exactly for that purpose.

Which actually reminds me,
I think it was too bad that William is just another partner in the missions he is in instead of a superhuman slayer of things. Would have been cool to have him as a meme tier badass.

Yeah. Though I feel like everyone gets waaaay weaker when you bring them on as a companion haha.

Still, I'm happy William got to have a happy ending... Even if in real life the real William would die 4 years later.

I will say, overall while I am happy we got a resolution for the DLC it did feel a tad rushed? Like sudden time skip to after Nioh 1 and then 1 mission to resolve it. I feel like there should have been more setup to make you realize (if you played Nioh 1) that Hideyoshi would part of Maria's plan... which was what again?

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Man, people weren't kidding about the bosses being easier in the second region, huh? Beat both the fourth and fifth bosses on my first try.

Meanwhile, I ended up giving up trying to cleanse the yokai realm near the end of the fifth mission because the snake lady kept killing me over and over. That enemy is the absolute worst, I cannot for the life of me grasp how a designer could make that enemy and think they were fun to play against.

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. Though I feel like everyone gets waaaay weaker when you bring them on as a companion haha.

Still, I'm happy William got to have a happy ending... Even if in real life the real William would die 4 years later.

I will say, overall while I am happy we got a resolution for the DLC it did feel a tad rushed? Like sudden time skip to after Nioh 1 and then 1 mission to resolve it. I feel like there should have been more setup to make you realize (if you played Nioh 1) that Hideyoshi would part of Maria's plan... which was what again?
Over all, her and Kelley had exactly the same mission: Bring back shitloads of Amrita back home to feed their war efforts. Both went for the same method, ferment war and chaos since that apparently helps the growth of Amrita and both made the mistake of putting great effort into resurrecting a supposedly villainous overlord only to find that they were far more reasonable people than they thought. It was kind of a neat bookend in that sense.

It was kind of rushed, yeah, but at the same time, Maria had already escaped twice in Nioh. We just returned to the chase at the very end when William had cornered her once more. On William dying, this one definitely should survive for a good while since he has Saoirse. She is his immortality anchor after all.