• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SoulsHunt

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Enjoying so far, reached chapter 5. Kinda getting redundant tho and boring.

I lost 1,5M because of a little cyclop (he absorded them and I died..).
I'm currently level 40, may level up to 50 as I can't equip some stuff.

Yeah...

I'm not really complaining, but, it's kind of weird how many bosses have attacks that do almost chip damage, compared to a regular skeleton spearman who can basically 2hko you...
Exactly. Kasha, for instance.

OP
OP
Noema

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Huh, I wonder if that's it. I thought it was the opposite, that there are so many people trying to summon that it takes a while due to way more demand than supply. I hope the game sold well, I love it and really want to see the series keep going. By far the most enjoyable non-From Souls game.

I get summoned instantly when doing Random Coop, there's definitely not a lack of people constantly summoning for help.

SoulsHunt

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
I think the game sold greatly. Even tho, developers said they want to do something new for their next project on PS5. No more Nioh 3 I guess, not yet tho.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
I really like what they did with
The Interim.
Having those that died there and solving their attachments to the mortal world is a nice way of getting more context.
Also, mum! :O That was a cool surprise.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Just beat the final boss, real game begins now.

Overall great game and upgrade from Nioh 1. Honestly the part of the game I like the most is not having to play as William. Will sucks.

Also Ninja builds break the game lol. So many bosses I just melted from afar.

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
Man the last mission (specially the boss fight) of region 2 is so good!
I like how (s)he uses the two spirits that you didn't pick at the beginning of the game.

I wish I knew more about Japanese history though.

Oh so the boss is based on your own character? I was amazed that they looked exactly like me haha

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
I think it took me over 90 minutes of attempts to kill the viper boss. Ended up doing it really slowly (odachi to chop arms off and then Tonchu to block and dps). I love this game but am constantly made to feel terrible when playing it!

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Completed the game. Full spoilers.

Like the last time there is some cool story stuff but it is a lot of nonsense. Still, the ending I felt was strong even if the last last level was just mostly repeat. Seeing William and there being a conclusion to the DLC was nice. Also the final boss fight was pretty damn great and that amazing final animation ending with a shower of Divine Rarity gear felt amazing.

I for sure am going to dig into NG+ after I finish up some stuff in the base mode.

I'm a bit confused about the: "Builds" option. So you can save your builds but what does that mean? Like if I reset my stats and make a new core stat build and then save it into Slot 2, can I switch between them?

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Oh so the boss is based on your own character? I was amazed that they looked exactly like me haha
You didn't notice? O_o
Maybe it's because I re-created myself and, well, my face doesn't "fit" the game world remotely so there was no way it could have been coincidence xD but when I saw the mask fall and my character's face staring back I knew that's what they had done haha.
Yup.

I can only imagine how entertaining it was for people who made their character look like an idiot to see that reveal.
lol yeah, those who made Jokers, troll faces, etc. are gonna crack up.

I'm still not sure what the deal is with that though. The character is clearly the protagonist's half-sibling, but hardly a twin?

Guess I should keep playing, but I don't really expect this to make much sense 🤷‍♀️

taepoppuri

Oct 29, 2017
Just finished the game a moment ago. I like it much more than the first one!

Too bad they heavily reuse some of the assets, including enemies and bosses, make it feels less fresh.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
And just an hour after I made my last post I lost Amrita haha.

I could have just picked it up but one of those tallneck guys had been trying to snipe me so I tried to fight him and dude was like boss difficulty, harder than any of the other enemies and just destroyed through my Ki and then killed me.

Dlent

Nov 2, 2017
Were tonfa incompatible with flux in the first game? Makes managing stamina with them a pain in the ass.

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
You didn't notice? O_o
Maybe it's because I re-created myself and, well, my face doesn't "fit" the game world remotely so there was no way it could have been coincidence xD but when I saw the mask fall and my character's face staring back I knew that's what they had done haha.

lol yeah, those who made Jokers, troll faces, etc. are gonna crack up.

I'm still not sure what the deal is with that though. The character is clearly the protagonist's half-sibling, but hardly a twin?

Guess I should keep playing, but I don't really expect this to make much sense 🤷‍♀️

I made a Japanese dude so I just thought it was a coincidence haha

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I think the game just doesn't have as many people playing it as Nioh 1 did. Especially since it came out the precise weekend everything went to shit.

Unfortunately I think the same. I'm the type of guy that plays every single revenant I see on a stage and I'm getting the same weapons and armor over and over again.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Also Ninja builds break the game lol. So many bosses I just melted from afar.

Are you talking about before, or after the Kato set? Because even with Fuma gear, Kunai "spam" doesn't really exist outside of boss fights, where the build rules. Through the levels themselves though, you're basically tissue paper, and you can't really abuse your limited resources to "kill everything" as some claim since Untouched Ninjutsu caps at 20% - 25% until the set.

I also have no idea what weapon you would actually use besides the Kusarigama, and I honestly don't like it at all in this game. Loved it in the previous, but it just feels way too slow here, and its best early damaging moves are at extremely close range. This build seems almost like the exact opposite of what I'm currently running, where I blow through levels, and then simply do alright when it comes to bosses. Although with the last boss I fought, all I had to do was push forward and hit triangle in high stance the entire time.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Man. Can't underestimate the + on gear.

Even Divine gear 160 vs my 160 Exotic + 3 and the latter is waaay stronger.

Granted I imagine a Divine 160 +3 would be better.

Does anyone know what the cap is on gear? I can't seem to go above 160.

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
Man. Can't underestimate the + on gear.

Even Divine gear 160 vs my 160 Exotic + 3 and the latter is waaay stronger.

Granted I imagine a Divine 160 +3 would be better.

Does anyone know what the cap is on gear? I can't seem to go above 160.
Everything indicates 160 being the item level cap. on +# values, I'd imagine it to be10 or 15, but that is just an educated guess.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Everything indicates 160 being the item level cap. on +# values, I'd imagine it to be10 or 15, but that is just an educated guess.
I got a purple dual sword Level 170 so that's the cap.
Kalentan really it's just going up to +15 gears at that point and fine tune your equipments. Sooner or later it'll get uncapped to +30 and eventually we'll have the orange rarity.

Hakimy

Nov 9, 2017
Does anyone know when the game might get a price cut? Because of the Corona virus situation the last game we got here was Dragon Ballz Kakarot and nothing after it. We can't use visa to buy games so all we have is psn cards which are more expensive than physical games here!

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
Huh. If 160 is the cap. What's the incentive to go deeper into NG+? Obviously leveling but technically you can level sync.
Challenge? To see how high one can go? Plus the level sync has proved to be a bit of a potato. It does something, but doesn't really match going to a properly high level mission, challenge wise at least.
Kalentan really it's just going up to +15 gears at that point and fine tune your equipments. Sooner or later it'll get uncapped to +30 and eventually we'll have the orange rarity.
Oh, so it is the same thing as with Nioh 1 where you can rarely get drops up to 10 levels over the perceived cap, but this time they just increased both limits 10 levels. Interesting.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

Alright. I did get some orange gear back in Nioh 1 but never got too deep into things.

So to get to +15 do you need to do you need to do 1 + 1 = 2 + 2 = 3 + 3 = 4 + 4 and so on the so forth? In the end you will need to get 2 weapons to +14 to combine?

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
Alright. I did get some orange gear back in Nioh 1 but never got too deep into things.

So to get to +15 do you need to do you need to do 1 + 1 = 2 + 2 = 3 + 3 = 4 + 4 and so on the so forth? In the end you will need to get 2 weapons to +14 to combine?
Yes, but the higher you go, the better +# drops you can get. It won't be just +1s and +2 when you hit higher level missions.

Silav101

Oct 26, 2017
I have downgraded Shitbirds back to Raven Tengu and dubbed Nure-onna into the new shitbird/shitsnake. Hoooollleeeee fuck, these things are even more annoying than Tengu are. Something about their attack and dodge patterns drives me nuts.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Just got the proficiency grind left for the platinum... 30k more for the hatchets, then 120k for the switchglaive, plus 45k more ninjitsu and 224k more magic :/

Anyone gunning for it should start applying ninjitsu and magic weapon buffs to their weapons 24/7. The grind for those two is humongous.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
Just got the familiarity grind left for the platinum... 30k more for the hatchets, then 120k for the switchglaive, plus 45k more ninjitsu and 224k more magic :/

Anyone gunning for it should start applying ninjitsu and magic weapon buffs to their weapons 24/7. The grind for those two is humongous.
Do the buffs only count if they hit or does it count if you just apply it

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
Just got the familiarity grind left for the platinum... 30k more for the hatchets, then 120k for the switchglaive, plus 45k more ninjitsu and 224k more magic :/

Proficiency. Familiarity is what you have for individual weapons and Divine armor.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah...

I'm not really complaining, but, it's kind of weird how many bosses have attacks that do almost chip damage, compared to a regular skeleton spearman who can basically 2hko you...

It's ridiculous. I am more afraid of certain enemies (speer skeleton, Tengu) than most bosses. Also fuck every grab move. They always use them if they are almost dead, can't stagger them and then you are fucked.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
Just went to buy this on Steam and it's not there how bloody rude!! How did I forget it's PS4 only for a while

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe they haven't patched the free Small Spirit Stone + Large Spirit Stone you get every time you exhaust the dialogue with Tokichiro at the beginning of third mission in region 2. Just quit the mission and restart it to get them again. Just noticed it after beating the mission and then returning to it to see if you can still get it.

Oh well, time to go for region 3.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017

Yes, but the higher you go, the better +# drops you can get. It won't be just +1s and +2 when you hit higher level missions.

I am on my original play through, and I have a few +1 items equipped. What does this mean? I have done soul matching, etc. Thnaks.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Hey folks, does anyone know where to get the Smithing Text for the Sohaya Set? I need to upgrade my armor - I'm level 80 and mostly using armor in the 50s right now, but I can't craft new Sohaya Gear. And I NEED that life drain on melee kill passive.