• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
The hard parts of this game are hard for wrong reason - cheap grab moves (lot's of hidden enemies even on the trees) with insta deaths, terrible enemy placement with most annoying enemies in some side missions etc. I find that it doesn't matter what gear i wear i get one or two shotted quite often. Main missions are breeze in comparison. Really weird game. Balance is ass for now.

The game balance is about the same as Nioh 1 IMO, so it's sort of intended by the devs. I'm not a huge fan of how they do difficulty in Nioh, it gets too close to cheese for me - but the game does let you do your own cheese later on.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Patch 1.05 downloaded in EU as well.

Edit: Divination definitely working now.

Yeah. I noticed as soon as the game updated that at least enemy and amrita was properly working with it, and it wasn't until just now that I was able to see if Kodama was also working (none of the side missions up to the final area mission had any left), and yay, now I don't need to have that shit on gear anymore.

What are the best requests to make of Toyo in terms of upgrading the blacksmith?

Early on, probably cost reduction, even though it's not very large. Depends on just how badly you want to soul match prior to NG+, using gold only.

maverick261

Nov 1, 2017
I want to have better Fuma Ninja armor pieces. What is the best way to farm pieces with actual stats. Or have I to forge them?

Alric

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else having trouble downloading the 1.05 patch. I keep getting error "CE-40852-9". Rest of PSN works fine but it just won't update Nioh 2 for some reason.

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
Nioh brand of difficulty is just put +frames, invuln frames, and 300% damage and HP on every enemy because the pool of enemy types are very low still. Starting to get fatigued from how long some of these boss fights can be.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Nioh brand of difficulty is just put +frames, invuln frames, and 300% damage and HP on every enemy because the pool of enemy types are very low still. Starting to get fatigued from how long some of these boss fights can be.

If Boss fights take too long then you're doing something wrong. Try switching to High stance when bosses are vulnerable to build up damage.

Burst counters speed up their ki depletion faster

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely demolished the first human boss. This game's difficulty is so weirdly tuned. The damage output of regular enemies (and the constant onslaught of gank squad encounters) really isn't doing it any favors.

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
Oh wow, we got a patch already? Sweet, those annoying Gaki really needed that nerf.
Hope the Yoki/Enki nerf includes the grab attack, that's the only thing they're killing me with at this point.

Spence

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Oh wow, we got a patch already? Sweet, those annoying Gaki really needed that nerf.
Hope the Yoki/Enki nerf includes the grab attack, that's the only thing they're killing me with at this point.

Where are you reading about a nerf? All the patch note says is "bug fixes".

Edit: Ah nvm had to find the real notes on a 3rd party site, PSN notes only says bug fixes. :/

bender

Oct 27, 2017
I did. I'm not sure why, but I did it.

EThb4o0U8AEquff

:p

Oct 3, 2019
Holy SHIT, the first pair of bosses in region 5 are a huge step up in difficulty. I just spent almost two hours grinding the last one, what a frustrating fight.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
The online experience in Nioh 2 has been substantially better than in 1 I'm super enjoying doing submission through expeditions while I do the mainmissions solo

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
One thing I didn't realize, and may help others, is that if you find yourself in the middle of an attack and the enemy decides to cheese you with a grab or red move you can burst counter to cancel whatever you're doing

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
How many regions does this game have? Loving it but I have a strong anxiety about reaching ng+ cause that's where the build fun begins.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
I just started and it was rough going at first, but I seem to have figured out my problem. What I needed to do sooner was switch to the sickle on a rope and just beat the shit out of everything.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Happy to see they added some levels (close to 20 lol) to some of the sub missions of the first zone, that was some grade 1 bullshit ah ah ah.

Just fought a Tengu in the first mission of the second zone, I can understand how he can be annoying, but was manageable nonetheless if you play "wait and see".

The Twilight version of the first zone wasn't so bad, but the rewards were a bit lackluster IMO.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
yeah, found this out with stuff like the cores having Kodama sensors on them

Check your listed effects screen. It's useful!

Lol, did they add like +20 levels to the recommended level of every mission?

They corrected what it was previously showing, as the previous recommendations made absolutely no sense if you were simply progressing through the game without grinding. You would end a mission, have gained a few levels and then the first sub mission is for level 4, when you are 6-8, and the enemies hit like a truck?

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Check your listed effects screen. It's useful!

They corrected what it was previously showing, as the previous recommendations made absolutely no sense if you were simply progressing through the game without grinding. You would end a mission, have gained a few levels and then the first sub mission is for level 4, when you are 6-8, and the enemies hit like a truck?

I only hope this doesn't result in people think they actually have to grind levels. Cause that's what happened in Nioh 1 when people think they're falling behind by tens of level

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I only hope this doesn't result in people think they actually have to grind levels. Cause that's what happened in Nioh 1 when people think they're falling behind by tens of level

After the update, I've always been "underleveled", but I'm not playing any differently than I did with my previous NG playthroughs, and I'm roughly 3-5 levels lower than what it suggests (previously it was the opposite by a larger degree), so still within the ballpark, and without any grinding aside from the extra experienced earned sometimes from a corpse run. I also don't continually fight revenants either, but some people might for better gear, or materials, and so they won't really need to worry about the recommended levels.

Aranikasu44

Dec 3, 2018
So.. I want to make a Kusarigama and Odachi build.

What should be speccing into to make this viable and also op from the get go.

I've only done 2-3 missions so I'm happy to restart too.

Talos

Mar 5, 2019
Played around with the phantom burst counter and getting more and more used to it. The window is tighter than the other two but nothing too bad. Love its yokai final blow animation too. It's more versatile than brute counter as there are some burst attacks it simply can't deal with like if the burst attack comes from the air or is dash attack.

I think feral is overall the best out of three though. Can use the dash as an attack cancel quite easily and to quickly get out of the winded state if you run of ki.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
God I just had a 45 minute co op twilight mission because the two people with me would stop every ten seconds and change their gear and one guy would spend 5 minutes at every shrine even if we'd been there already doing I dunno what.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
God I just had a 45 minute co op twilight mission because the two people with me would stop every ten seconds and change their gear and one guy would spend 5 minutes at every shrine even if we'd been there already doing I dunno what.

This + people going up ahead and then bringing like two+ enemies when we are already fighting some is annoying.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Can anybody help me with my question? :)

In general, any mission where you're fighting lots of ninjas. I haven't gotten pass region 2 yet so I don't know anywhere that have lots of ninjas

Alternatively if you have the resources and money and the smithing texts you can just craft them and play the slot machine for the bonuses

But if you're still progressing through the game I would advise not to bother too much about getting the perfect gear because you'll be changing them quite often