• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mere_immortal

Oct 25, 2017
What do you guys do with all your extra loot? I've been mostly offering up for divine rice, but I have a shit load now. Should I start breaking down for components?

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
What do you guys do with all your extra loot? I've been mostly offering up for divine rice, but I have a shit load now. Should I start breaking down for components?
Up to a certain item level, you should break up everything you're not going to use. You get more money for selling the resulting materials. As the item levels increase, this will eventually even out and reverse since the material prices remain static. Keeping a good stock of the purple mats is conductive for the future, but the lower quality ones should just be sold.

ymgve

Oct 31, 2017
Offering up items also gives you Amrita, and quite a bit if you offer up purples and/or items with max familiarity. Helps when you're like 90% of the way to a new level and don't want to lose it all due to deaths, so I keep a few of those items in reserve.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
I personally like to start with Purification Talisman (enchants a weapon temporarily to increase additional Ki damage on Yokai) and Barrier Talisman (increases your Ki recovery and automatically dispels Ki Pollution when you step on it).

Divination Talisman is useful as well but it seems to be bugged, or they've changed it significantly compared to Nioh 1. It doesn't seem to detect Kodamas anymore.

From there you can branch out to stuff like Sloth (slows down enemies; it basically breaks the game in Nioh 1, but I haven't tried it in 2 yet) and devigorate Talisman, which decreases enemy attack power.
For Weapon enchant talismans, are they tied to your magic power or it only depends on the weapon ? Is it necessary to put more points in Onmyo just to use those ?

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
How's the difficulty compared to the first game? I found that overwhelming as a Souls vet lol. Need to restart it at some point.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
How's the difficulty compared to the first game? I found that overwhelming as a Souls vet lol. Need to restart it at some point.

I think it's harder than Nioh 1 in my opinion, at least within the first 7-8 main missions. I only died a handful times in the first half of Nioh 1, aside from Umi-Bozu or whatever the fuck the name is of that horrible water blob boss, but it feels like Nioh 2 throws you to the wolves faster and the the Ki (stamina) regen is SUPER punishing at the beginning. It's not overwhelmingly difficult so far, but pound for pound it feels tougher than the first game. I just hope it doesn't have any drastic difficulty spikes in the second half like in Nioh 1.

Unrelated, but if I had a magic lamp that would grant me three wishes, one of them would absolutely be to never have to fight
Onryoki, in any game, ever again. The constantly re-used enemies, and now even bosses, from Nioh 1 is so sad and tiring to see.

Jun 26, 2018
Really struggling with this game to the point where I think I'm done. Save file is close to 9 hours, 100 deaths and just made it to the 3rd mission. I really want to like the game, the combat feels really great, but I don't think it's worth the frustration its currently giving me.

OP
OP
Noema

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Really struggling with this game to the point where I think I'm done. Save file is close to 9 hours, 100 deaths and just made it to the 3rd mission. I really want to like the game, the combat feels really great, but I don't think it's worth the frustration its currently giving me.

Don't hesitate to summon Acolytes or even other players to help you out. These tools are in the game for a reason.

Acolytes can be really helpful at drawing aggro and actually dealing damage.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017

I find that the bosses are generally easier. Trash mobs do bonkers damage though, which makes the bulk of the game tougher than the original.
You have more tools are you disposal, but until you master them, you may be in for a rough ride.

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
Kind of a dumb question but I remember in nioh there was a skill that will have you automatically perform a ki pulse when you switch stances but I can't seem to find it here, or is that what flux does? The description is a bit confusing.

teague

Dec 17, 2018
Wow
Azai Nagamasa
is an INCREDIBLE fight, really great. Tough but fair and incredible design. Reminds me of the best ones from the Nioh DLC.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Yamanba's Knives are so long.

ETb2yYbX0AIfGy8

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Those fucking monkey Yokais landing on me and stomping me to death within sight of a shrine sure is fun. It's raining monkeys over here.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if the Gozuki in the very early parts of mission 1 can drop a soul core?
I've killed like 20 of them via a solo Expeditions mode, then suicided to restart the mission, and nothing yet.

Eterno

Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
Damn the Owl boss was a huge roadblock for me. Took me hours and really made me rage. And then I see everyone is saying it's an easy boss hahaha Glad I didn't give up but had to switch from tonfas to odachi. I still haven't summoned anyone though! Kinda hope to do this full run solo

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to track how close you are to a skill point in a given weapon category? Or is all that just tracked under the hood?

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any way to track how close you are to a skill point in a given weapon category? Or is all that just tracked under the hood?
Status page, and R1

For Weapon enchant talismans, are they tied to your magic power or it only depends on the weapon ? Is it necessary to put more points in Onmyo just to use those ?

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
So I wanna not die quickly(basically wanna use medium-heavy armor) and my main weapon is sword.

I should invest in in Heart & Stamina right?

Fionel

Jan 11, 2018
For those of you who finished or are near end game, how many new enemies are there compared to Nioh 1? Would you say double the amount? 50% more?

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
I've been watching many game play videos and while I love Nioh , Nioh just sames more Nioh 1 with some changes (not different enough), so I am glad I held off on buying it right now.

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
The whole point of the first game was about trusting the power of the guardian spirits and that using spirit stone/yokai power is corrupt.

Now this game, supposedly a prequel, is flipping the entire premise.

I mean we don't play Nioh for story but I really don't get it.

cubistic

Oct 27, 2017
Damn the Owl boss was a huge roadblock for me. Took me hours and really made me rage. And then I see everyone is saying it's an easy boss hahaha Glad I didn't give up but had to switch from tonfas to odachi. I still haven't summoned anyone though! Kinda hope to do this full run solo

No that one took me the most tries as well so far (I'm on area 4). His moveset is ridiculous. He's either slashing you, pecking you, clawing you, flying at you, or lazering you. And that's not even counting the pitch black Dark Zone phases. He gives you NO opening.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I had to finally summon a player to defeat a boss. Well, in a Twilight Mission: "The Island of Monsters".

The level was fine but the final boss was just... so much more difficult than anything else in the level.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
So, if there's tea ustensil you don't use (I prioritize money gain increase) you can sell the rest at the blacksmith. I literally made a million from selling all of them. o.o

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Holy hell when both people die in Expedition and you have no heals and boss and you both have like 5 HP.
Clutch win.

This fucking game is so good.

Escaflow

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Took the easy way out and summoned someone for the snake. It was either that or give up

Snake is quite easy once you've figured it out . Just inflict damage to the tiny snakes at the point of 1 hit kill and leave it there before the boss summons yokai realm . With this , the boss will just spam the same attack that you can safely chip away it's HP . Once in yokai realm , quickly dispatch the tiny snakes where you've damaged them earlier , and run around until the realm is over . The boss will regenerate the tiny snakes again after that , and rinse repeat . Cowardly yes , but it did the job .

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that missing a burst counter is an instant death a lot of the time is pretty frustrating.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, the one-armed boss with a massive HP pool was the first MAJOR roadblock. Maybe I have a crap build, but every attack I landed did a maximum of ~700 dmg (or ~1050 if I was lucky with a back attack), but it still took ages due to the massive amount of health. A true battle of attrition, not really fun. Much harder than the owl too.

The Brothers' Blades side-quest too, ugh.......................!