• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Do you mean "Mortal soul cores"? They can be used in Soul fusion for any other Soul core. You usually need duplicates in order to rank them up, so these can be good to use for boss cores.

Yeah i guess. I got one from Biwa Boku and don't have any skill.

biwa-boku-boku-nioh2-wiki-guide.jpg

taepoppuri

Oct 29, 2017
- is level 40 too high for starting missions of region 2? I don't farm anything, but doing all side missions often i feel OP.

Yeah, that's a bit too high. But it's ok though. I'm skipping all side missions, now I'm level 49 at the 4th region and getting rekt hard 😂. The game said my current mission is recommended for level 39, but I think it bs. All these red graves is level 60+

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Two questions;
- what do you do with soul cores without Yokai abilities?
- is level 40 too high for starting missions of region 2? I don't farm anything, but doing all side missions often i feel OP.

Well, I'm level 41 and I still have 2 sub missions and at least one twilight left in area 1. But I do tend to over level in this type of game.

Imur

Jan 4, 2018
After my big problems in Mission 1 I finally understand the game. I finished the first two Missions and the first Side Mission. It's hard, but I am finally having fun. Thank you all for your tipps.

Talos

Mar 5, 2019
Spent over 2 hours farming Mitsume Yazura for gunstick smithing text. In the first hour I got a bunch of smithing masks for demon/spirit masks, but nothing after that. I'm starting to believe it doesn't drop it at all.

At least I got a ton of proficiency and elixirs as I was farming. Went from about 10000 in ninja and onmyo proficiency to 98000 and 50000 each.

Oh really, I looking for those too. I need my gun tonfa. Which region is that dude?

OP
OP
Noema

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
I love the Torii Gate. It's great for chilling after spending some time fighting a difficult boss.

I was getting summoned instantly. Most people seemed to need help with the second boss.

It's annoying when the summoning player runs off and is nowhere to be seen when you spawn in their level. Why the heck did you summon for help if you are then going to run like a headless chicken into the Dark Realm?

Yea, I was kind of surpirsed this game didn't include a separate tutorial level like the London Prison of the first game.

I was hoping for something like that. I really loved how that first level introduced the game, with the moody and ominous atmosphere in the rain.

I still need to play the first game. Does it still hold up in a post Sekiro world?

Absolutely. They scratch different itches.

Is there a way to earn weapon skill points quicker?
I've gotten to the point where I stopped using my tonfas just so I get skill points for my katana more frequently. I might also consider switching out my tonfas for the Odachi but I'm guessing I can't transfer the skillpoints?

Certain items have a stat which increase the rate at which you improve weapon proficiency.

Last edited:

Skyball Paint

Nov 12, 2017
I hate that these big booby snake ladies actually scare me
they're so goofy looking until they open their horrible mouths and bite your face off.

Kensuke

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
I'm disappointed so far. The level design hasn't improved and the lack of enemy variety remains a big problem. Already extremely tired of the gakki enemies and some of the demon mini-bosses. It's trending towards becoming repetitive before I'm even halfway through. Not saying the game sucks, I just hoped these aspects would be better in the sequel.

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
I wasn't excited for it at all, but now I'm lovin' it, it's so good and co-op exhibition is really fun too.

For some reason I didn't face a problem with the bosses yet, second map second stage now, not looking forward to the boss that's gonna destroy me. xD

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So they either nerfed Kamaitachi a bunch or being level 52 I'm waaaay overleveled for it. Cause I found it to be the second easiest boss of the game thus far. I beat it on my first try and only healed once.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I'm disappointed so far. The level design hasn't improved and the lack of enemy variety remains a big problem. Already extremely tired of the gakki enemies and some of the demon mini-bosses. It's trending towards becoming repetitive before I'm even halfway through. Not saying the game sucks, I just hoped these aspects would be better in the sequel.

I don't understand why they put so many Gakis everywhere. It feels like enemy encounters are more oriented to annoy you with Gaki adds than just giving you a challenge with harder Yokais.

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah level design is way worse, I'm in the final region and so far there's been two missions that actually did something interesting. We saw all the new enemies in the betas, and the rest is from the dlcs+OG game. The bosses are great, but a lot of the levels are just a straight line to the boss, or worse a maze that serves no purpose.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
So they either nerfed Kamaitachi a bunch or being level 52 I'm waaaay overleveled for it. Cause I found it to be the second easiest boss of the game thus far. I beat it on my first try and only healed once.

I feel like he has way less health too. I beat it first try as well, he was like a glass cannon. I think I was around 50 as well, I didn't farm, just did all the missions.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017

See, i'm enjoying the game a lot, but Team Ninja have did crazy reuse of assets and enemies. Tbh can't argue with people calling it big expansion to first game.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
The Kamaitachi felt waaay too easy. Blocking his attacks did like 0 Ki damage, and even when he got some hits on me they barely did a scratch... easiest boss in the game so far for me.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Oh really, I looking for those too. I need my gun tonfa. Which region is that dude?
It's the large yokai thats just a mass of heads and legs. 3rd region, main mission that has the owl, one is right near the bridge. Run past it and a shrine is near it so you can keep killing it and respawning it.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Yeah level design is way worse, I'm in the final region and so far there's been two missions that actually did something interesting. We saw all the new enemies in the betas, and the rest is from the dlcs+OG game. The bosses are great, but a lot of the levels are just a straight line to the boss, or worse a maze that serves no purpose.
It's the same level design as the first game tbh, not much has changed. One way I found it fun to navigate is by using a Kodama Sensor and tracking them in the level, make it easier to find hidden areas as a bonus.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I might've missed the tutorial prompt but you know those green nodes in the skill trees? The ones that have descriptions like "grants certain active skills a damage bonus based on x stats" I didn't know they needed to be equipped in the "Skill customization" menu.

Welp, time to equip the ki damage on god wind. :U

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I might've missed the tutorial prompt but you know those green nodes in the skill trees? The ones that have descriptions like "grants certain active skills a damage bonus based on x stats" I didn't know they needed to be equipped in the "Skill customization" menu.

They just don't make it clear until you actually go looking.
Ah, I must have missed it. Everything does so much damage that there might as well not be a level haha
Well level is just your combined stat level ups.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018

Yeah there's plenty of of systems that are easy to miss. The Titles menu with prestige points had two pages which I realized halfway through the game.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
They just don't make it clear until you actually go looking.

Well level is just your combined stat level ups.
I guess so! Though I feel "active skills" should've given away what it is lol, maybe i'm just dumb. >w>
That said, a simple text box pop up upon getting the first green node would be useful.

Yeah there's plenty of of systems that are easy to miss. The Titles menu with prestige points had two pages which I realized halfway through the game.
Oof, I can only imagine how many points you had when you realized that. I remembered the two pages because it was also in Nioh 1 but man, the 2nd page easily has the most useful passives too!

mere_immortal

Oct 25, 2017
Was sure the kodama made noise when you were sort of close to them in the first game. Made finding the tricky ones a little easier.

Deleted member 22585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
Loved the first game, it's the combat GOAT. Searched Nioh 2 in Steam today to buy it and now I feel stupid. Completely forgot it's PS4 only for now. Played the predecessor on PS4 Pro but sold the console last year. Guess I'll have to wait a year or so. Looking very much forward to dive into it.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I died and got back my soul cores and souls, why? I thought I was going to have to go back and recover it.

EDIT: it's the Auto Grave Recover 25% I had.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
How different is it to the first game? Because I didn't really like the first game. Throwaway levels, repeated enemies, stance-specific modifiers on gear making stance-switching not ideal etc

beau_beaumont

Nov 12, 2017
I picked up the game on a whim because of "social distancing" and I played through the first two levels. Once I got used to the burst counter, I made pretty short work of the second boss. It took me a while to get there as I was never one for parrying in dark souls, but damn, this is a game changer.

mere_immortal

Oct 25, 2017
I tend to stick to the sword on normal enemies (the hold strong spin after quick on high stance is great for them), then tonfa on bigger dudes/bosses. They seem to do way more ki damage, and staggering the big guys is super powerful. Early game yet though.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
I have a billion weapons I am not using and soul cores ... what's the best use of them? Selling them? Offering them at a shrine? or Breaking them down at the forge?

I don't get all the sub-systems whatsoever, and don't know if I should be focusing on improving gear or just swapping out existing gear for higher level stuff!

Help!

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Also the Tengu are the worst enemy in the game by far. They feel so bullshit.

In Nioh 1 I always called them in my native language Karasu-Trash instead of Karasu-Tengu. Trust me, it sounds somewhat cohesive in my language. ^^

But overall the lessons I took from Nioh 1 are making them a breeze in 2 - simply dodge behind them after their roundhouse backheel kick thingy and mash heavy attack. In 2 they like to follow-up those kicks with easy burst counters, making it even better for me.

Oct 25, 2017
I have a billion weapons I am not using and soul cores ... what's the best use of them? Selling them? Offering them at a shrine? or Breaking them down at the forge?

I don't get all the sub-systems whatsoever, and don't know if I should be focusing on improving gear or just swapping out existing gear for higher level stuff!

Help!

I sell everything and use the option for soul cores that gets rid of them. I never really disassemble until late game.

Yeah, blocking is definitely more viable in this game, especially if you have heavier armor.

Certainly feels like it. Very welcome change.